Isn't God Awesome?

by Perry 450 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Perry, where does your god begin and end? Or does it?

j

• Vinny
    Vinny

NVRGNBK says:..."This atheist makes no claims about the origins of The Universe."

That is YOUR BELIEF. Sorry that vinny the theist had to teach nvrgnbk what the little atheists have to believe. Which also means you believe that vette happened all on its own too, with all parts in place; gas, key in ignition ready to roll.

This is now stuck on your forehead for life. If you don't know that illustration, let me know. I'll gladly post it here againh for you.

This is just more lose-lose for the atheists....

• Vinny
    Vinny

"Perry, where does your god begin and end? Or does it?"

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    They also have no answers of how they know right from wrong, good from bad.

Considering that you are not an atheist I'm not sure what you are basing this assumption on. But I disagree wholeheartedly. http://www.ebonmusings.org/atheism/carrot&stick.html

But I ask you, since your knowledge of good and bad is based on what god says. What if he decides to condone pedophilia? You may say that he would never do that... so my next question is: Where does HE get his concept of right and wrong?

Somebody has to make the decisions of what is right and wrong... why can't it be humans?

how do they know that their decendants might not think of them as a terrible person?

I for one am ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE that this will not be the case.... mainly because I'm never gonna have children.

Lore

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Thank you Vinny!

Where is God right now and what is He up to?

• Perry
    Perry
    I simply note that your God is mysteriously absent.

Not from me... I made my peace. No jackass elder can ever take that from me again.

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

The atheist/evolutionist world view is of borne incredible curiosity, whereas the creationist worldview is borne of ignorance and love of ignorance.

What's that? you cannot explain how life came to be? it must be the flying spaghetti monster that created it!

The creationist viewpoint falls down at the basest of levels - if this world and the things in it are so complex and wonderful, surely their creator must be ultimately more complex and wonderful. If so then how did that creator get created, because surely if things that are complex need a creator then the creator itself needed to be intelligently designed.

Evolutionists look at the mountain of complexity of life and look for the small steps taken to move towards that complexity through random selection, creationists look at the mountain of complexity and assume that a god figure bounded from the base to the top.

• Perry
    Perry
    Considering that you are not an atheist I'm not sure what you are basing this assumption on.

LtCmd.Lore

Perhaps you could just tell me directly what you base your notions of good and bad on?

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Vinny,

"Perry, where does your god begin and end? Or does it?"

***** He had no beginning and has no end. Simple enough? No rocket science needed folks.

lol....that should read, 'No rocket science or brain needed folks - at least on my part', as that is one of the most foolish statements posted to this thread so far. At least Perry can claim Polly Parrotmania.

He had no beginning and has no end. Simple enough?

So, as YOU have made this heady declaration, I now suggest that you prove it.

HS

• Perry
    Perry
    The creationist viewpoint falls down at the basest of levels - if this world and the things in it are so complex and wonderful, surely their creator must be ultimately more complex and wonderful. If so then how did that creator get created

Self-Existing "First Cause" We see his handi-work everywhere. He does not live within the constraints of time. He is fundamentally different.... the Alpha and the Omega, a circle if you will.

By the way, in your view there must me an infinite digression of cause and effect events. How do you account for the future since for every moment present there is a moment in infinite past?

Stop cut and pasting and start thinking!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit