Isn't God Awesome?

by Perry 450 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    he wants to remain The Great Spanker at all cost.

I dunno poppers. I'm still partial to these two nicks:

Vinny the Delusional

Sir-Spanks-Alot

LMAO! But your suggestion is good as well.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Sir-Spanks-Alot

Sounds like my teenage years...

• looseend
    looseend

Vinny, evolution doesn't clam to know what might have been before the big bang. You call it god. You can't be certain either, you have faith that you know, but "certainty" you don't have. Evolution is a science based almost of reverse engineering, you have to start with what you have and work backwards. Science hasn't gotten to that point yet, either has the bible other then saying there was something more powerfull before, certainty that there was isn't possible, maybe, but not certainty.

You ask about science making life out of dead matter. Science can't make an actual star either can they. If you are assuming that the only way science can prove evolution is by making life, then just stop arguing about this topic, You just won't get it.

Your argument of god is simply based on faith. You say that there is no way something can be here with out being designed. This argument can regress all the way back to the beginning of the universe as well. Before the universe what was there. God, who can say. NOBODY was there as an eyewitness. If there wasn't a universe would there still have been humans. If there wasn't humans would there still be a universe. These are all questions that CAN'T be answered.

Please, just respect others beliefs or non beliefs. No one can say for certainty. Not a man, or a book.

• greendawn
    greendawn

It may boil down to a matter of mere faith, creationists find it impossible to believe that something as complicated as living systems came about by sheer good luck because the right chemicals and conditions happened to be at the right place at the right time to create living things starting from the simplest which is in fact already very complicated - bacteria. An intelligent directing hand makes far more sense than dealing with ridiculously tiny odds.

Most laymen, those not deeply versed in the sciences of life (biology, biochemistry, biophysics) don't seem to comprehend and appreciate how complex life systems are and how incredibly delicate biological balances are. Even cells are astonishingly complex and much is discovered about them year after year with no end in sight.

• ringo5
    ringo5

It may boil down to a matter of mere faith, creationists find it impossible to believe that something as complicated as living systems came about by sheer good luck because the right chemicals and conditions happened to be at the right place at the right time to create living things starting from the simplest which is in fact already very complicated - bacteria. An intelligent directing hand makes far more sense than dealing with ridiculously tiny odds.

Most laymen, those not deeply versed in the sciences of life (biology, biochemistry, biophysics) don't seem to comprehend and appreciate how complex life systems are and how incredibly delicate biological balances are. Even cells are astonishingly complex and much is discovered about them year after year with no end in sight.

It has been stated ad nauseum, that as much as these things are complex and we are still learning how they work, how much more so would any almighty creator be to have made them. Yet, the creationists have no problem accepting his/her existence. Why? Some, as Vinny has made clear, accept it just because the bible says so. This is the least convincing argument for me, probably because it infers a rejection of science when it seems to conflict with the bible. ringo5

• eclipse
    eclipse
    Most laymen, those not deeply versed in the sciences of life (biology, biochemistry, biophysics) don't seem to comprehend and appreciate how complex life systems are and how incredibly delicate biological balances are. Even cells are astonishingly complex

Very true.... I am not arguing with you, greendawn....just posing a question. Are you saying that only laymen who are not versed in the complexities of cells, etc believe that these complexities have a designer.?

I'm sure you know that there are many scientists who have made it their life work to study our microworld do not conclude that these cells have an intelligent designer...they conclude that the evolutionary process brought about these complex cells....why is that?

(And I acknowledge that there are scientists in those fields who do give credit to an intelligent designer. I am an agnostic, so I am on the fence about this subject.)

-e

• free2beme
    free2beme

One day when I was young, I took a magnifying class and fried some ants on the ground. My mother said to me, "Don't do that, its cruel." So I stopped and then one day I was sitting outside and wondered about how God sees us as ants, and maybe he too had a magnifying glass. So I went to the Kingdom Hall and they said, "God has no creator and not mother." So I figured that was God's problem, he has a magnifying glass and no mother to tell him not to fry us. He is just sitting on top of this world and looking at us through that magnifying glass and popping us off one at a time. So watch out, you could be next ... God needs a mother.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

F2BMe:Is that perhaps why he got Himself born of Mary, and how come NT-God seems a lot nicer than OT-God?

• free2beme
    free2beme
    Is that perhaps why he got Himself born of Mary, and how come NT-God seems a lot nicer than OT-God?

Well, leave it to a mom to get their child in line. Nothing like the power of MOM!

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

Perry, thank you for sharing that, it was very inspiring! We all live in this world yet, each one sees differently, some choose focus on what is ugly and negative, and yes sometimes those things are inescapable, BUT when there is an opportunity to see the grandness and beauty of this world we should take it in and live that moment, this way when life is not so pretty we can close our eyes and relive the beauty and gather ourselves and keep going!

Thank you for sharing,

IC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit