Isn't God Awesome?

by Perry 450 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

just so that the person that sent this will not be hurt, i will post the email... in its entirety

I want to thank you.
    MessageSsince this is the last time I will waste my time coming on this board I have got one thing to say...

“I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and the intelligent and have revealed them to infants;
    The Holy Bible : New Revised Standard Version. Nashville : Thomas Nelson Publishers, 1989, S. Mt 11:25

Although I am a little puzzled that you can't see it because to be honest I have read most of you stuff and well...

You're just not that bright.

now perry, callme filthy nouthed again! i will agree, my words were harsh, and i do apologize for that! but you and vinny should look back throiugh what you have said and tell me you are so much better... and calling people dumb for not believing in something invisible and who shows no signsof existing, well i dont know that sounds stupid to me...

and oh look, i have given proof before the theists... surprise surprise

the infamous one

• Perry
    Perry
    calling people dumb for not believing in something invisible

You are delusional.

Moderators!!!!! Are people allowed to talk like this on this board!

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

talk like what perry? all i said was that it doesnt make sense for this person to call me dumb for not believing in something invisible.... why are you calling mom and dad? eitehr you're not reading thoroughly, or you have nothing to say here.... ive alreeady apologized for my harsh language before.... but in this case, i was the one who suffered a personal attack

the infamous one

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

Perry, is there a reason you continually avoid the question that I have asked in my last three posts?

How do you explain the fact that people of every other religion also have this feeling that they are right?

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    calling people dumb for not believing in something invisible

You are delusional.

Moderators!!!!! Are people allowed to talk like this on this board!

Talk like what? Calling god invisible?

Or where you sicking the mods on yourself for calling people delusional?

• Vinny
    Vinny

Dear Infamous,

good luck with your battle. lore, i suggest you let it end too... these guys are jerks..

i try to say that they have no proof either, they try to make me feel stupid... your responces just show me how close minded you guys are... i am not the stupid one

the infamous one

• poppers
    poppers

Is it any wonder that differences in beliefs lead to arguments, lead to verbal assault, lead to physical assault, lead to killing, lead to war? And where do these differences exist? In the mind only. What lies beyond the mind; what exists prior to the formation of ideas, what exists after those ideas fade away, and what is always here shining brightly in this very moment just waiting to be uncovered? Find out and then see what happens to beliefs of every kind. Find the courage to investigate the nature of who you think you are and then see what happens to separation, fear of other, and defense of one's sense of self.

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

Do you believe that the earth we live on, with it's many intricate systems, that is spinning and revolving at just the right speed 24 hours and 166,000 mph is all the result of mere chance? From A big Bang without any designer involved?

That the entire universe for that matter with its incredible power and precision is also the result of some kind of mindless chance like explosion as well?

And that all of the complexities of life today are the same result of some merely lucky circumstances that have no intellectual force whatsoever behind these many forms of life? That all life today originated from nothing, to primordial soup to polymers to fishes to human brains and beyond? "

ok vinny. lets start with the answers to your questions... first do i believe that this all happened by chance? i have answered that several times here... i have said that im not sure... i have not completely ruled out either pssibility yet... but i will tell you this, having a hard time believing that an all knowing all powerful invisible inactive being does not make me dumb, as an emailer told me, and so did perry..... the crux of your point as of yet has not been to plant doubts or to make people realize that neither side can be right, the point of your discussion until this last post was to belittle... either you have realized that as firm as you are in your belief, and thats all it can be, is belief, that you cannot guarantee your being right! and your question asked what is my belkief... what does it matter? its a belief, neither side has fact

your next two questions that you asked me were exactly the same as the first so i will not bother answering them again!

chill out, maybe youre right, and i didnt once say it was you who emailed me, though i did post the email for you to see... i will chill out, once idiots decide that emailing me, threatening me and calling me stupid is not accfeptable... im soprry i called you guys condescending but that was not name calling, that was factual, everyone on this topic discussion will agree with me that you both came off condescending... and once again your proofs of gods existance are not proof at all.. they pertain of you bgelittling and asking rhetorical qiuestions.... so let me ask you this one

do you honestly believe that something invisible and that does nothing for us could have created a self sustaining world?

if you answered yes, then do you honestly think that someone who created this world and watch all the suffering and just continue to sit on his fat arse?

and if the answer was yes again, why is this all powerful being who can fix all of this sitting ion his arse, and not making himself known so there would be less hatred fighting and pain in our wolrd? (and please do not respond with god knows best!)

the infamous one

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Hey,

Thanks, Perry! The entertainment value of this thread is great!

Oh, and by the way, God is unbelievable!

Have a happy day!

Dave

• Vinny
    Vinny

Infamous said:..."ok vinny. lets start with the answers to your questions... first do i believe that this all happened by chance? i have answered that several times here... i have said that im not sure... i have not completely ruled out either pssibility yet"...

But let's discuss just WHY God may allow these situations to exist for a moment anyway. While it is true that nobody enjoys suffering, pain and the like, it is also true that these conditions can help develop desirable qualities in the individuals that experience them. In fact the scriptures says that Jesus LEARNED OBEDIENCE and other desirable qualities through his difficult times and sufferings while on the earth. *If* God is the Creator of all things, and if he allowed his only begotten SON to take the beatings and persecution that he did, then obviously SOME GOOD can also be the result by allowing these less than desirable situations to exist today as well.

In support of this, James Chapter 1:2-4 tells the reader, "to consider it all joy when you meet with various trials, knowing that this tested quality of your faith works out endurance. But let endurance have its work complete, that YOU may be complete and sound in all respects, not lacking in anything." So once again we can see some value in God's eyes by allowing trialsome conditions and situations to exist. Just because we humans may not fully understand exactly WHY God has allowed certain things to take place, does not mean that he does not exist at all. This may be some kind of opportunity for humans to gain an inner strength, perhaps a greater appreciation for when life is better, free from all these problems plaguing mankind. When I had a very serious staph infection earlier last summer, I was very scared and worried for a few days. However, When I knew I made it out of the woods, safely, I was really happy to be alive. My appreciation had ACTUALLY GROWN through that experience. The existence OF these problems however, does not just automatically discount or deny God's VERY existence. At least not in my mind. HE has simply decided to allow these conditions to exist at this time, for reasons, that are not crystal clear to humans. And again, he has promised to permanently remove these negative features that affect life today.

Life would have hope. Eternal life under wonderful conditions is at least possible.

He asks that we search for Him, walk with Him and help others come to know about Him.

In return, everlasting life with no pain, no suffering or even death.

By throwing God out along with the WT Society, you are throwing the proverbial baby out with the bath water.

And who wants to do THAT?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit