A question for all Whisky drinkers.

by lfcviking 125 Replies latest jw friends

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

I'm mostly a vodka drinker(Grey Goose or Ketel One), but every once in a while I'll get a hankering for some bourbon or scotch, so I always keep some in my liquor cabinet. Johnny Walker Red is my scotch and Jack Daniels is my favorite bourbon.

BTW, a question for you scotch drinkers--what does "two fingers of scotch" mean?

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I prefer Crown Royal first, then Southern Comfort.

Southern Comfort is best with Coke Classic, hands down!

This talk is makin' me thirsty!!

- Wing Commander

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE
    Southern Comfort is best with Coke Classic

That used to be my drink of choice after beer but an incident with a brother who was at bethel at the time barfing up a mix of southern comfort, coke and cheeto's turned me off to it pretty much for good.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I'm kind of partial to the 18 year old Glenlivet.

W

• Gregor
    Gregor

Two fingers is a rough measure of how much you pour, two finger widths deep. The diameter of the glass makes this a very rough measure

• NanaR
    NanaR

Bourbon all the way -- Makers Mark or Jack Daniels especially :-) Ezra Brooks is a less well known (and less expensive) brand that is also excellent.

Wild Turkey is good, but that 101 stuff is easy to get too much of.

I AM a Kentuckian after all (and yes I do know that Jack Daniels is a Tennessee brew but it is of the KY bourbon type).

'Round here we use the stuff for everything from marinating steaks for the grill to filling candy (in addition to mellowing my mood from time to time).

I don't know if I like Scotch, because I've never tried it. I can drink Crown Royal or Seagrams 7 in a mixed drink, but prefer bourbon straight or on the rocks.

NanaR

• M.J.
  • LittleToe
    LittleToe

Glenmorangie, Macallan and Bowmore, here.

• Lumptard
    Lumptard

I like the ones with tha alkeehawlll in 'em.......

Bushmills and Beam for me. Not that experienced with scotch...Liked Chivas, but can't say that I've ever had a single malt...any recommendations?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I like Scotch..18yr old Highland if possible..Right now I`m out!..I have to go into civilization and remedy this horendous problem!..A friggin hour to get a bottle of Scotch!..I`ll have to get 2..LOL!!...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit