A question for all Whisky drinkers.

by lfcviking 125 Replies latest jw friends

• lfcviking
    lfcviking
    One more special one - Bruichladdich XVII. One whisky bible of note describes it thusly," soft and rough lovemaking to the palate." Jim Murray's Whisky Bible (3rd Year)

Wohh! You sound like a proper Whisky connoisseur, i've never heard of that one. Is single malt scotch expensive in America with overseas expenses etc?

• Borgia
    Borgia

Allright,

Let's have a drink!

http://www.maltwhiskey.com/html/islay.htm

Cheers

Borgia

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Jim Beam. Ummmmmmmm I only drink it once a year, when I am making fruit cake. Jim Beam is smooth and delicious and by the way makes wonderful fruit cakes.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Crown Royal

Jameson's

straight up

• rassillon
    rassillon

I like whisky alot, i like whiskey not so much.

Single Malt is the shizzle. 10y/o Talisker is my favorite. Macallen18 is good as well. Lagavulin is nice too.

Irish, it tastes funny, I think the triple distilling is a bit too much and they use coal instead of peat.

I have heard though there is a new Irish Single Malt made like a Scotch, I would like to try that.

For me the smokier the better.

Neat no water at room tempature.

Regular Crown is piss ---- Sorry for those of you who like it, I am a bit of a snob.....They did make a special Crown for 2000 or something that was actually pretty nice.

Damn, now I have to go pour myself a dram!

-r

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Can't stand bourbon - it all makes me yack. I prefer single-malts, and usually keep The Dalmore at hand, er, in the cupboard.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Sorry,

I had to step out with the fam.

Borgia, here's a dram of Bowmore 17 Years Old. Oh, and one for Rasillon as well. This should be to his liking. Better yet, drams all around. Brother A, Daniel-P, lfcviking, and everybody.

Lfcviking,

You inquired about cost of single malt in the U.S. In my area I pay from 40.00$ to 90.00$ U.S. for a bottle.

Cheers to one and all!

• Gregor
    Gregor

Well, you've asked a very interesting question. I have pursued the answer for years and 'poured' quite a bit of time and money into it. A few years ago I had the opportunity to tour the Jim Beam distillery. The smell was wonderful! I bought a Jim Beam sampler of all their bourbons, Makers Mark, Cask 89(?) etc. I like bourbon.

However, when it comes down to what I prefer when I have a choice of a nice whiskey over ice I more often choose a decent scotch. I don't care for the medicinal taste or price of some single malts, but I really like Teachers, J&B, JW Red or Black, or Chivas (according to who's buying). I don't care for the economy brands, but I'm not a snob about it.

Not trying to hijack your thread but it would be interesting to hear if anyone enjoys a good Tequila or Mescal, neat (meaning with a wedge of lemon or lime and kosher salt}. Deeelicious.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Hi Gregor, I'm pouring one for you too. I used to love tequila and mezcal. The tequila has beaten me up from time to time resulting in something of a love/ hate relationship. Try Patron, Cazador, and El Tesoro.

Cheers,

Nvr

• zack
    zack

Canadian Whiskey for me. Crown when I want it on the rocks or straight, Seven when I mix it with ginger ale or 7UP.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit