A question for all Whisky drinkers.

by lfcviking 125 Replies latest jw friends

• Dagney
    Dagney

Might try a fine cigar with that scotch Ann. It could enhance the experience and make it delicious. (hehehehe)

• Frank75
    Frank75

AnnOmaly:

If you read thru some of the older posts, you will see comments about Single Malts that bears out your experience above. The entire reason why the Scotch Industry started off as Blended Whiskey is because the Single offerings were just too personal. Blends covered a wider audience preference and is the reason for Scotch's world wide appeal today. Stick with Blends or younger Highland Malts which are lighter and less peaty. Teachers is a low price offering and is the choice of many so you are in good company.

There are two ways that you can get the popular taste of Blended Scotch. One is by aging in oak and reused Sherry Casks and blending to taste, the other is with flavouring and artificial color. My personal feelings about Teachers is that they employ the later metod, thus the low price. If you note the label does not mention how old the Scotch is, while most Scotches do. I have no facts handy for this but I am sure other Scotch drinkers will concur.

Additionally and Sadly for me I was introduced to Teachers by my white trash FIL while I dated my wife. As a result I have tarred the brand with the distaste I have for a man who was an uncaring tyrant in the JW religion.....who hasn't said a word to her in almost 10 years......I think I will have a dram now to calm me down...LOL!

Frank75

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Ooooh you is so naughty, Dagney!

I'll pass on the cigar (I'll stick with passive smoking for now).

*clink*

Frank - thanks for the extra info. I'll bear what you say in mind. *clink* to you too (sorry - it's white trash Teachers LOL)

• Dagney
    Dagney

So Ann, you are a JD fan as well? Some of the best people are!!! Clink!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

There is nothing wrong with American whiskeys...however that Scottish aqua vitae is without peer in the Universe.

BTS

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

at the end of the day it all comes down to personal taste - by the way just had some Elijah Craig - very nice

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit