Things YOU eat, that other people think is weird.

by misanthropic 201 Replies latest jw friends

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    This is a really good pita sandwich.
    You take wheat pita bread, spread a thin layer of cream cheese then you put sprouts, tomatoes, onion, cucumber and colby cheese (or whichever cheese you like) a little salt and peppper and your good to go. It's really good!

I eat that, but replace the cream cheese w/orginal hummus! SO good!

• ninja
    ninja

hot (I mean spicyyyyyy!)chinese chicken curry re-heated next day and put on a sandwich........slurrrpppp....drool

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

I'm feeling a bit queesy imagining what some of you eat...blaaaaaaaaaack! But people have that same reaction to food I eat. Tempeh is my favorite protien, sietan, kim chi, miso, natto with wasabi (my favorite but can't get it locally anymore-looks like soybeans in slimy snot), and the occasional Tofurkey. I love sea vegetables too. Megs I make a dressing similar to your favorite sauce but I use raw sesame tahini in place of the PB, don't cook it, and no sugar.

My husband eats wierd combos like Seeker, he eats PB + thickly spread Miracle Whip sandwiches and other wierd combinations.

• mouthy
    mouthy

We were very poor also. My dad used to make "bread & Mash" have stale bread pour very hot water to mash it up( just a little) then put lots of marg.& lots of pepper,,,Mix thoughly & eat... I looked forward to that .... Now I like crepes with fried oinions & cheese inside

• kifoy
    kifoy

Lunch: Slice of bread with brown cheese and sliced tomato on it.
    (But the ones who have tried it, says it's very ok.)

kifoy

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

::PB + thickly spread Miracle Whip sandwiches and other wierd combinations.

I was going to eat something but then I read that....yuck! Miracle whip is worse than mayonnaise (which is bad enough). When we we're kids we had a witness babysit us for the weekend and the woman bought Miracle Whip and forced us to eat sandwiches made with it, that was a horribly revolting childhood memory!

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    :My dad used to make "bread & Mash" have stale bread pour very hot water to mash it up( just a little) then put lots of marg.& lots of pepper,,,Mix thoughly & eat...

My dad had a version of this my mom made that also involved home made gravy with this really cheap sandwich ham cut up into it over a slice of bread. They called it SOS (sh*t on a shingle) I guess it was something from when they were in the military but it was gross.

• Xena
    Xena
    Crumbled up cornbread in buttermilk

I thought my dad was the only one who ate that. I tried it once when I was a kid cause I wanted to be like him, didn't really do anything for me.

• caligirl
    caligirl

Escargot, sushi, peanut butter on plums (really yummy- I looked at my friend like she was from another planet the first time I saw her do this but I was hooked after one try) , cucumber sandwiches, portobello mushrooms with mozarella cheese & tomatoes,

seeker4, I remember the first time your daughter made peanut butter on grilled cheese one day when we had lunch together! It was great, and not something I ever would have imagined trying. I think she also wanted mayo instead of butter on the outside.

Love peanut butter & honey sandwiches - I had forgotten about that.

I also drink green tea every day (hopefully the splenda I add doesn't ruin the health benefits! My favorite is jasmine, and I refuse to use teabags (unless they are from revolution tea because they are still whole leaf tea)

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    Love peanut butter & honey sandwiches - I had forgotten about that.

My friends mom eats those all the time but the honey that is thick, not runny. I should try that sometime ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit