Things YOU eat, that other people think is weird.

by misanthropic 201 Replies latest jw friends

• dh
    dh

i wouldn't say they taste like chicken exactly, i don't even know what kind of snakes i ate, but the texture was like fish, but the taste more like chicken, but not chicken, if you know what i mean. in any event, i liked it. i think eating a pigs head is more off putting than eating snakes. actually the snakes i ate were alive when i chose them, that restaraunt killed them in front of you and then went and prepared them for eating. yum

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Hmmm, you have a point. I'dve had trouble picking out the live pig to be slaughtered........

• Witchettygrub
    Witchettygrub

misanthropic,

'I don't think you can even get it in the US though or even order it online.'

You are right on. Vegemite contains folate and US forbids this product (folate) unless it's prescribed by a doctor.

Glad it has'nt happened over here.

Witchettygrub

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Hmmm, I turned a pig's head into brawn myself last night.

I don't think of brawn as an unusual food at all.

Rather tasty with some nice herbs in with it.

Cheers

Chris

• rebel8
    rebel8

Nutella on everything (this is considered weird here but common elsewhere). Just tried deep fried green beans with cucumber wasabi ranch dip (TGI Fridays). Sounded icky but was really good. Whipped cream on coffee. Cottage cheese mixed in with ranch dressing on a green salad. Roasted garbanzos as a snack. Cornmeal mush with nutmeg, skim milk powder, and brown sugar. Used to eat peanut butter and bacon sandwiches, and apple and mayo sandwiches. Sour cream on crepes, with a little real maple syrup or an orange wedge squeezed on top. Ben & Jerry's ice cream flavor Chubby Hubby is my favorite--has pretzels in it. "I used to grab ritz crackers and spread mayo on them" That reminded me of another weird thing to do with Ritz. There is an old time pie called Mock Apple Pie that has no apples. The filling is made from Ritz crackers soaked in sugary syrup if I recall. Made it once just to see what it was like. Tasted just like apples! Although in NY apples are cheaper than crackers, so we really don't need to substitute.

• RAF
    RAF

k, k, k

Chocolated milk with cheese into bred ... AWESOME !!! ... yes its good (question of tast I think)
    Didn't try lately ... Now I'm thinking about it!!!

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    i wouldn't say they taste like chicken exactly, i don't even know what kind of snakes i ate, but the texture was like fish, but the taste more like chicken, but not chicken, if you know what i mean. in any event, i liked it.

I've heard snake meat is very greasy, lots of people from here eat snake, I hear it's really good though.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings Miss Ann,

Notice all the Google PB ads? Think I'll look up peanut allergies; don't think it applies personally, but it should be educational.
    You know how everything supposedly tastes like chicken? Well, I had some of the mock apple pie Rebel 8 mentioned and it tasted like apples, not chicken. Go figure! Apples are definitely healthier than RITZ crackers.
    Almost forgot: years ago, as a joke, a friend bought me a gallon of Best Foods mayo [Hellmans, east of the Rockies] as I use it on everything. It's great on fried-spaghetti sandwiches, eaten while watching Clint Eastwood Italian westerns.

Coco

• metaspy
    metaspy

Ok, I have one that I started eating when I was in grade school.
    I have met no one but myself who likes these - or even can stomach them:

Peanut butter, pickles and pepperoni on a tortilla - nuked for 30 seconds to melt the PB.
    Mmmmmm!

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    Peanut butter, pickles and pepperoni on a tortilla - nuked for 30 seconds to melt the PB.

Mmmmmm!

That makes my stomache queasy. I love peanut butter but definitely cannot imagine mixing it with pickles and pepperoni.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit