Things YOU eat, that other people think is weird.

by misanthropic 201 Replies latest jw friends

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

This is a really good pita sandwich.
    You take wheat pita bread, spread a thin layer of cream cheese then you put sprouts, tomatoes, onion, cucumber and colby cheese (or whichever cheese you like) a little salt and peppper and your good to go. It's really good!

• KW13
    KW13

I can't say i have any unusual things i can think of, but i do like food. :slobber:

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

Crumbled up cornbread in buttermilk.

I put ketchup on my eggs too.

~luv, jojo

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    do you make the sauce yourself?

My ex originally found it in a 'hot and spicy' cookbook, but didn't give me a copy of the recipe when we split up. So in the last 3 years I've been trying to duplicate it, with some interesting results. I just do it to taste using peanut butter, fresh ginger, cayenne, lime juice, tomatos, onions, peanut oil. Lately I started throwing in some chopped peanuts to give it a bit of crunch.

I often end up throwing a couple of globs of peanut butter into my stir frys as well.

I just found some recipes for peanut butter soup. I think I'll try this one tomorrow:

http://www.dlife.com/dLife/do/recipe/ShowRecipe?recipeId=317

I'm probably starting to sound like a peanut butter addict.

W

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Rocky Mountain Oysters - Bull Fries -- DEEP FRIED BULL TESTICLES

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Pigs in a Blanket:

Take a hot dog, and slit it from just under end-to-end.

Insert cheddar cheese or Velveeta into said slit.

Wrap said hot dog in "Pillsbury" Crescent wraps.

Bake in oven at temperature directed on the Crescent wrap roll.

Yummy stuff!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

"Bull testicles, commonly called mountain oysters or calf frys. Not bad if you can get past the thought of where they came from. I often worried if they were properly bled since the calf wasn't killed in the process. "

Ok, you can get past eating TESTICLES so long as the bull wasn't killed? I think it would be nicer for the bull if he WAS killed. The only other way to get them off seems painful and lets face it, the poor bull is doomed to be steak soon anyway. It's not like they are keeping him for breeding!

I eat bacon so crisp I tell them it should break if they look at it funny. Some servers actually get it. I still get a lot of revolting looking raw bacon (how could anyone eat barely warmed bacon?)

Mashed potatoes with creamed corn. YUM.

I live in the Seattle area and am allergic to shellfish-so I am a freak here. I don't care a lot for fish, but i will eat it. This is not very socially acceptable. I have met people who think I should just 'try it'. The one time I did (I've always thought things like shrimp and crab looked revolting and didn't try it for a long time), I had hives close up my throat, and ended up in the ER on IV benadryl. Try THAT! :)

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Cheese whiz and French's mustard, lots of pepper and salt - sandwich.

French fries loaded with thick brown gravy and then topped with sweet pickle relish and yellow mustard.

We grew up on that bland macaroni and canned tomatoes stuff , as well as jam and cheese sandwiches - doesn't bother me to eat it now but I don't go out of my way to look for the stuff. sammieswife.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    Ok, you can get past eating TESTICLES so long as the bull wasn't killed?

I think you missed the point. The issue was rather or not those testicles properly bled as the animal itself was bled out.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I like "Roast Dub Sandwich`s"..I BBQ them on the front porch..When a JW comes to the door and says:"That smells soooo good what are you BBQing?"..I say:"Probably the guy you were sitting next to,at the last meeting."..Then I wack him on the head and toss him in the freezer..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit