Things YOU eat, that other people think is weird.

by misanthropic 201 Replies latest jw friends

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

I like this peanut sauce on everything:

Equal parts PB and water....slowly bring to slow boil

Add garlic salt...lemon juice....soy sauce....a bit of sugar (to taste) Wisk it in and turn down heat to low. When blended it is done and you can add more water is you want it smoother.

This is really good on chicken and lettuce wraps.......MMMMMMMMM!

• knock knock
    knock knock

black eyed peas are really bland tasting and we used to have them alot when I was little so I did - and still do - sprinkle a little sugar on them and then them's some good eatin'. Just about everyone thinks I'm nuts for that but hey.

for a quick snack I used to grab ritz crackers and spread mayo on them. I thought they were good way back when but it doesn't sound so good anymore.

• DJK
    DJK

I like raw shellfish, oysters and clams and raw steak dipped in a spicy raw egg white sauce. Do you think faded-out will ever find that refresh button so he can come back and apoligize?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Faded-Out may never be comeing back..

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I like to suck down raw oysters with lemon juice & cocktail sauce by the dozens. Cooked oysters, on the other hand, are quite nasty. For some reason, they get really gamey when they're cooked.

Peanut butter seems to be a popular topic in this thread. Here's one: I love a nice, greasy bacon cheeseburger slathered with chunky peanut butter. Creamy & delicious!

I do a lot of salmon fishing. My wife gets disgusted when I filet my catch and pop pieces of raw salmon meat into my mouth as I work.

I like to eat hot dogs cold right out of the package. I will also open cans of soup/chili/raviolis and eat them cold out of the can with a spoon. My wife is appalled by this practice as well.

• Faded-out
    Faded-out

LOL, OUTLAW. But, I don't scare that easily. Although I feel like a jerk.

But, maybe I sould think before I post instead of putting my foot in my mouth. Yep, I'm a dumbass.

Sorry Misanthropic, I meant no disrespect.

Oh and to add to the post for real this time, when I was a kid I would crumble up saltine crackers and put milk and sugar on them for breakfast.

• PEC
    PEC

My wife puts black pepper on cottage cheese. It just doesn't look right to me.

Anyone had carne asada fries?

Carne asada fries (aka carne-fries) are a local specialty found primarily in San Diego, California. The dish is made of a base layer of french fries, covered in carne asada meat. Most restaurants serving this dish also include cheese, guacamole, and sour cream; some are even known to include pico de gallo and lettuce. Often ordered from drive-thru windows and eaten directly from styrofoam clam-shells, this dish is very popular with surfers and students and often weighs over 3lbs per serving.

Philip

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I love putting nori furikake (seaweed with sesame seeds) on popcorn. In fact, every time I go to the movies I always make my seaweed popcorn mix...otherwise it just doesn't taste right!!

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

I used to have a real thing for baked beans on toast with scrabbled egg. I was a student at the time and I thought it was lovely!

I'm a little bit more cultured now tho....

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

When I'm in the mood for something different, I make a garbanzo bean toasted sandwhich. Tastes a bit like tuna salad sandwhich.

Take garbanzo beans and smash them add mayo, pickles (or pickle relish) and onions. Put the mix on toasted bread. Yumm.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit