Things YOU eat, that other people think is weird.

by misanthropic 201 Replies latest jw friends

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    Crow

It's served to me from time to time, but I don't recommend it,......

lol, yeah I've had that myself from time to time, not too good

• dobbie
    dobbie

LOL sorry guys!Sarnies means sandwiches not sardines!(YUK!)

• Warlock
    Warlock

Menudo, which is tripe, preferably honeycomb, cut into squares boiled in water. Add hominy and chili powder. Delicious.

Another 'poor meal' my aunt used to make was white rice, topped with tuna (canned), add some gravy which was Campbells Cream of Celery Soup. White crackers on the side. Very good.

Warlock

• Xena
    Xena
    Menudo, which is tripe, preferably honeycomb, cut into squares boiled in water. Add hominy and chili powder. Delicious.

You forgot the lime...gotta have cilantro and lime!

• quixote
    quixote

All this talk of food has made me hungry !

My favorite which I crave as it has been a few years since I last ate it: Octopus (a la Gallega) It's octupus with olive oil, salt and paprika.

My parents were also poor while I was growing up and a simple food my mom would make for us is Hot chocolate milk poored over bread in a bowl. I still prepare it for my self once in a while.

Now where is that can of sardines .........?

Quixote

• Warlock
    Warlock
    You forgot the lime...gotta have cilantro and lime!

Sorry, Xena. I also forgot the onions and corn tortillas on the side. Warlock

• dobbie
    dobbie

sorry but what's hominy?

• dobbie
    dobbie

sorry but what's hominy?

• dobbie
    dobbie

oops double post sorry

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Hominy is Grits. It looks like some sort of farina, or cream of wheat. Hominy Grits....(How should I know how many grits).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit