Things YOU eat, that other people think is weird.

by misanthropic 201 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

JH

Not fair no one will even know what it is

I came from a really poor family. And my mother came from an even poorer family. A quick supper was cooked macaroni with a can of tomatoes stirred in. No spices. Just the tomatoes. Oddly enough this is comfort food for me. Especially if you fry it the next day. Then it is much better.

In another life I was in the KH and a woman whose mother was a fabulous cook from Germany appartently had a quick lunch during her service day at my mother's house and got the macaroni and tomatoes meal. At the hall she was talking to another woman about the unbelievably disgusting meal she had at my mother's place. She had no idea I was behind her and I think she even forgot she was talking about my mother.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

I love cottage cheese and green olives.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Sardines in tomato sauce. On crackers. I can make a meal out of 'em.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Bull testicles, commonly called mountain oysters or calf frys. Not bad if you can get past the thought of where they came from. I often worried if they were properly bled since the calf wasn't killed in the process.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

JH - is that cheesy chips (fries)? I looooovvvee those!

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

LadyLee- That doesn't sound too bad. Maybe a little bland. My mom grew up in a really poor family as well with 11 siblings, she would make us things she was raised on which consisted of lots of dishes made with beans and/or rice. One she would make was rice with maple syrup. It was pretty good but I wouldn't eat it now since it's basically pure sugar. She was used for making things for her entire family so everything she made was in a huge pot that seemed to have no bottom!

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

::Sardines in tomato sauce. On crackers. I can make a meal out of 'em.

My dad loves those and Kipper snacks, I thinks that's what their called. Some kind of canned fish oddity ;) I've never tried Sardines but the idea of eating fish that still have everything intact isn't that appealing to me.

• JH
    JH
    JH - is that cheesy chips (fries)?

Here it's called "Poutine"

It's french fries,poutine gravy, and cheese curds.

I always buy mine in a restaurant, but you can make it at home with this below...

alt

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

I put ice in my beer and my skim milk

I like salt & vinegar chips with catchup

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Can't think of anything right off but my wife said I am the easiest person to cook for as I eat anything except liver, everything mentioned I have or will eat.

abr

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit