How is the Good News going to be preached Earthwide- if it's not by JWS?

by Mad 121 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mad
    Mad

Tophat wrote:"Dear Mad, Christ may be directing the work BUT NOT to a book and tract publishing company called the watchtower. The watchtower publishing company wants to be the one adored and bowed down to on hands and knees as though "IT" is the way to salvation. Christ is the way may I remind you. NOT any ONE religion."

Mad- Then why haven't you ANSWERED THE QUESTION? And do you REALLY think -as the Church billboards used to say- that the different churches are all different roads leading to heaven? Christ used the same illustration...a little differently (Matt 7:13,14), remember?

All these so-called 'Christians' running around, saying the Magic Words "I have accepted Jesus as my Personal Savior- nothing else is needed!"...and they just don't LISTEN to our Lord!!!

Mad

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Hello Mad, in looking at your thread you are starting off with a false premises, you are assuming that only JW preach, that only JW preaching has any validity before God, that JW is the measuring stick. To do so would make your question one of judgement and that only JW could possibly do the preaching.

The apostle Paul stated that he didn't want to preach where the Good News was already preached

He also stated that he didn't want to build on another

Col 1:23 stated that it was preached already to the known world at that time, soooooooo who is the judge as to when the preaching is done, certainly not us and only the One who institured it and that is the Christ as God's appointed Judge. It simply is not our call who is doing it properly, who is doing it period, how it should be done, when it is done. Your thread is all based on assumption that only JW can be the ones, I know of others in several denominatioins that preach, we all preach by our conduct and usually that is a more effective or destructive preaching than a magazine or book left in a door.

abr

• Honesty
    Honesty

Mike,

We've had this discussion several times in the past.

You agreed that the JW's Good News is not the same Good News that was preached by the first century Christians.

Would you care to post your reasoning behind the change in the Good News that the JW's preach?

• greendawn
    greendawn

"Nobody in the First Century went from house-to-house, systematically contacting everyone with the Good News." There were some members of the church that had the gift of preaching but they were only a fraction of the total. The early church recognized several different roles of which preaching was only one. Of course the FDS know this but they won't admit it since they need an abundance of slaves to sell their publications. There has to be intense pressure for promoting the efficient selling of their products.

• Mad
    Mad

Stoic wrote:

1) a) are not the JWs just Russelites with a name change.

Mad- NO. Russel was just one of a group forming who were realizing something "fishy" about church doctrine.

**************************************************************************************************************************************

b) are not the doctrines Pastor Russel espoused are at the core of the JWs (144000, the quiet second coming, 1914, ransom etc.)

Mad- "Espoused"? Yes, in that he saw that not all Christians were to rule with Christ (Heaven), and, looking into Greek, saw that the word "coming" was NOT "coming" but a "being Alongside, a Presence (sp?tired), and Ransom- I thought that was one of the few things we believe that the churches do; have I missed something there?

***************************************************************************************************************************************

c) i thought the JWs recognise him as a prophet

Mad- No, altho sometimes the WT writers get awful CLOSE to saying that!

****************************************************************************************************************************************

4) a) Was not the Devine Plan of the Ages published and republished after his death by the Watchtower, bible and tract society and considered (at least at the time) divinely inspired? Or at least inspired by spirits (possibly an angry drink like bourbon :) The light can get brighter but can it change colour. Do JWs now burn all their books before 1975 as apostate or can we still reference them? Which make me ask are you really sure you are not a russelite?

Mad- Maybe they used to think that- I don't know. Mormonitus? All I know is we don't NOW! Only the apostates seem to reference them; we well know how many erroneous beliefs we had then- why we still celebrated X-Mas! HooHooHoHoHa! So every once in a while there is a quote used from one of those books to show we were BEGINNING to understand many hidden (by churches) Bible truths. And, yes, I'm SURE I'm not a Russelite, a Watchtowerite, a GoverningBodyite, a Popeite, also!

******************************************************************************************************************************************

Admittedly there is no more organised door-to-door preaching work than the JWs. They truely are the Avon of Christianity....

Mad- wel at least you didn't compare us to Amway! By the way- except for a few Mormon kids on bikes- we are the ONLY ones preaching from door-to-door. Some churches TRY to get their laity to- - never works out!

********************************************************************************************************************************************

and both at least use to believe in pyramid schemes:)

Mad- Vicious, Stoic! I LIKE that!

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

But does the bible specify that the Good News would be preached door-to-door and then the end will come? I would argue (guess) that mediums such as the christian TV channels reach more people.

Mad- Ouch! That's the absolutely POOREST arguement I've heard in a long time! I TRY to listen to the so-called "Christian" channels- but the sheer phoniness- and ESPECIALLY the horrible things they say is too much; it's worse than listening to a politician!

Jesus SAID the good news would be preached earthwide- then the End would come. (Matt 24:14) He trained all his followers to preach by going door to door- completely contrary to the world religions were they had their "churches" people came to!

Mad

• Mad
    Mad

Onthewayout wrote:"The dubs are just leaving it with the coupon and grocery flyers at doors and laundromats. I would expect so much more from
    God's representatives. If they knew they had the truth, costs at this late date would be irrelevant. They tried to tell people via the door-to-door work, but that no longer works. They could either do it the Bible way, at the marketplace and in the synagogues (and modern-day churches) or they could do it with television, radio, billboards. Even if they can't see the costs justified, it's lifesaving work and God will bless them for it (assuming the Good News is what the WTS prints).

Mad- I love sarcasm, and much of the funny cuts - but not Stupidity! We try it all; TV and radio never seemed to do much- we tried those too. Please save your childish & lame insults for...nah! Don't even save them; if you can't say something that's true- why not keep silent?

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Nobody in the First Century went from house-to-house, systematically contacting
    everyone with the Good News.

Mad- I'd look up the scriptures to correct you- but it WOULDN'T correct you! Try READING the Bible; you'll LEARN something.

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************

That's the WTS misapplication/misinterpretation of
    scriptures, and it's not wrong to do it, but it's wrong to say that's the way God
    commands his people to spread the Good News. If you make the argument that it is
    God's way to spread Good News, then why is it done through leaflets left on the doorstep?
    Be bold witnesses- be persecuted for His name- get arrested and proclaim that name in
    courts and before powerful political people. Stop sneaking up to doors, and running away.

Mad- We are NOT "commanded" to go door-to-door. We do it because we WANT to; that is the model Christ left to follow. And we ARE persecuted for His name-and get arrested and proclaim that name in
    courts and before powerful political people.

Mad

• restrangled
    restrangled

Mad Maybe you are right. If Jesus came back today, what method would he employ to reach the world's population of 6 billion? Considering how many people viewed the World Cup on TV (nearly a billion or more). Or the internet, YouTube where you can reach hundreds of thousands of people in a day. No I can see why Jesus would be captivated by the JW's method of distributing tracts to the same small percentage of the worlds population over and over again. The WTS may as well be called the pony express, because they talk and act like they are in the 1800's.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Dear Mad, I was a witness for 22 years and the Good News that the Witness teach is a Kingdom Goverment not the Good News according to the Bible note what Paul said in

Gal 1:6-9 6 I marvel that YOU are being so quickly removed from the One who called YOU with Christ’s undeserved kindness over to another sort of good news. 7 But it is not another; only there are certain ones who are causing YOU trouble and wanting to pervert the good news about the Christ. 8 However, even if we or an angel out of heaven were to declare to YOU as good news something beyond what we declared to YOU as good news, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said above, I also now say again, Whoever it is that is declaring to YOU as good news something beyond what YOU accepted, let him be accursed.

In reading the Bible one will notice the Good News is the fact that Christ died for us and not a goverment, so according to the scriptures which are inspired Jehovah through the HS directed by Christ says we should not be so easily shaken by what others preach and really let the one teaching another Good News be accursed,

The Good News is the Christ and his sacrifical death in our behalf, it is a free gift of life through the blood of Christ, it is the law of the Christ and not a goverment that is constantly being reinforced in the minds of the listeners and preachers of the goverments sub rulers. The Good News is the Christ.

abr

• Honesty
    Honesty
    And we ARE persecuted for His name-and get arrested and proclaim that name in courts and before powerful political people.

Since when are JW's persecuted for bearing the name of Jesus to anyone?

• Honesty
    Honesty

Nobody in the First Century went from house-to-house, systematically contacting
    everyone with the Good News.

Mad- I'd look up the scriptures to correct you- but it WOULDN'T correct you! Try READING the Bible; you'll LEARN something.

They aren't there, Mike.

The house to house Paul spoke of was from church-house to church-house.

The early Christians met in private homes.

The early Christians preached in the synagogues and open air markets.

You have been duped by the Watchtower Society in order for them to use you as an unpaid distributor of their literature.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit