How is the Good News going to be preached Earthwide- if it's not by JWS?

by Mad 121 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mad
    Mad

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

It isn't being done by jws though, is it?

I hear they don't do much in China or a lot of Muslim countries. They don't get here too often, as far as that goes.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

That REAL SOON NOW God is going to kill the 99.9% of humanity that isn't a follower of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society doesn't seem to qualify as "Good News" if ya ask me...

• Satanus
    Satanus

It has already been done by the catholic church w the help of the roman imperial govt. It covered europe, and then went into virtually all of the countries of the world. It went up directly against indigenous and other religions using the appeal of christ, force, appeasement, and many other innovative methods to convert/spread the christian gospel which they had put together in their book, the nt bible. It accomplished this over the period of many centuries. Time for the wt and it's brainwashed drones to wake up to the fact that this was a finished work since long before charley russel and his johnny come lately new age wackos bobbed to the surface.

S

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

The JWs do not know what the Good News is, so how can they preach it?

I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.

For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Peter, and then to the Twelve.

After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born.

For I am the least of the apostles and do not even deserve to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.

But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them — yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me.

Whether, then, it was I or they, this is what we preach, and this is what you believed (1 Corinthians 15: 1 – 11, NIV)

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

The "good news" by Matthew 24 and Mark 13 was being preached in the 1st century.

That "generation" passed and the "end" did not come.

What came later is something else.

• Gill
    Gill

I've seen the JWs 'preach the good news of the Kingdom' in our area. There is no one at home in the days and the old folk will not come to the doors when they see its JWs. So, the JWs carry on knocking on doors and speaking to NO ONE for hours on end. But then, just 100 yards away is a packed and busy shopping centre with people chatting, walking, shopping etc. Are JWs looking for people or are they just filling in time sheets?????

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

"The stones will cry out........."

Don't you ever listen to their music? The Rolling Stones have been popular like FOREVER!

Frannie

• Wafe
    Wafe

The end in Mt 24:14 is referring to the end of the Jewish age and the temple (not system of things as in the NWT) Christ was not talking about the end of the world. His comming is different than his presence.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

"There are two texts chiefly relied upon by those who claim that the Lord will not come until after the Millennium, to which we would here call attention. One is, "This gospel of the Kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come." (Matt. 24:14) They claim this as having reference to the conversion of the world before the end of the Gospel age. But witnessing to the world does not imply the conversion of the world. The text says nothing about how the testimony will be received. This witness has already been given. In 1861 the reports of the Bible Societies showed that the Gospel had been published in every language of earth, though not all of earth's millions had received it. No, not one half of the sixteen hundred millions living have ever heard the name of Jesus. Yet the condition of the text is fulfilled: the gospel has been preached in all the world for a witness--to every nation." (C.T.Russell, Divine Plan of the Ages)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit