How is the Good News going to be preached Earthwide- if it's not by JWS?

by Mad 121 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Zico
    Zico

Last year the JWs spent 1,333,966,199 hours in the 'preaching work' That's a lot of hours. It's equivalent to 152,279 years spent preaching. However, there were just 248,327 people baptised. This means, in one years preaching, an average JW will convert just 1.6 people. Or, it takes 5371 hours preaching to make a convert. Factor the children into this, and it doesn't make good reading. They might be doing a lot of preaching, but it's hardly effective.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Wafe,

His comming is different than his presence.

Another WT assertion which you might question one of these days... Actually in the Synoptics erkhomai (to come) and parousia (which the NWT overliterally, or etymologically, translates as "presence") are used interchangeably. See http://corior.blogspot.com/2006/02/part-4-other-considerations.html for starters.

"This generation" in both Matthew and Mark (but even more clearly in Matthew) includes the final coming of the Son of Man. Read Matthew 24:29-35.

Zico,

one years preaching, an average JW will convert just 1.6 people

Just for the sake of clarity: one year's preaching 24/24, 7/7, 12/12... Actually I doubt on the average one JW converts as much as one other person (including his/her own children) in his/her entire WT lifetime...

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

"The stones will cry out........."

Don't you ever listen to their music? The Rolling Stones have been popular like FOREVER!

Frannie

Excellent! LOL!

• Honesty
    Honesty

Don't feed the JW troll from Geneva, Florida.

• Mad
    Mad

Doug Mason wrote:

Re: How is the Good News going to be preached Earthwide- if it's not by JWS 19-Feb-07 03:50 Feb 19, 2007

Post 33 of 35
    from 20-Jan-07

66 y 3 m 4 d
    The JWs do not know what the Good News is, so how can they preach it?

I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.

For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Peter, and then to the Twelve.

After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born.

For I am the least of the apostles and do not even deserve to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.

But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them — yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me. ******************************************************************************************************************************************************* Doug- you obviously don't know what "News" is: Websters: news
    1 a: a report of recent events b: previously unknown information <I've got news for you> c: something having a specified influence or effect <the rain was good news for lawns and gardens -- Garrison Keillor> <the virus was bad news>
    2 a: material reported in a newspaper or news periodical or on a newscast b: matter that is newsworthy
    3: NEWSCAST Since even people who DON'T believe in the Bible have heard of Jesus & his resurrection- it is NOT "News" in any way- unless you found a new tribe in South America that anthropologists haven't heard about yet! Mad
  • Mad
    Mad

FullOf wrote:"It isn't being done by jws though, is it? I hear they don't do much in China or a lot of Muslim countries. They don't get here too often, as far as that goes."

We and even the churches, are doing the best we can- usually 'undercover'. Since Christ himself is directing the work, that is a 'moot' point! Mad

• Mad
    Mad

DamntheMan wrote:"That REAL SOON NOW God is going to kill the 99.9% of humanity that isn't a follower of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society doesn't seem to qualify as "Good News" if ya ask me..."

Mad: Love your insulting sarcasm- I'm ALMOST as good at it as you! It appears that I am the ONLY one who HAS asked you- and now I regret it!

Mad

• Mad
    Mad

Satanus wrote;"It has already been done by the catholic church w the help of the roman imperial govt. It covered europe, and then went into virtually all of the countries of the world. It went up directly against indigenous and other religions using the appeal of christ, force, appeasement, and many other innovative methods to convert/spread the christian gospel which they had put together in their book, the nt bible. It accomplished this over the period of many centuries. Time for the wt and it's brainwashed drones to wake up to the fact that this was a finished work since long before charley russel and his johnny come lately new age wackos bobbed to the surface."

Mad- For ONCE someone has lived up to their username! I'm convinced, Satanus! Time for me to sink into drugs & alcohol!- Mad

• Mad
    Mad

Gill wrote:"I've seen the JWs 'preach the good news of the Kingdom' in our area. There is no one at home in the days and the old folk will not come to the doors when they see its JWs. So, the JWs carry on knocking on doors and speaking to NO ONE for hours on end. But then, just 100 yards away is a packed and busy shopping centre with people chatting, walking, shopping etc. Are JWs looking for people or are they just filling in time sheets?????"

Mad- We masquerade as "Hari Krisnas", Gil- haven't you seen us?

Mad

• Mad
    Mad

Frannie has given the first sensible reply:""The stones will cry out........." Don't you ever listen to their music? The Rolling Stones have been popular like FOREVER!

Frannie

Yes! Yes! I BELIEVE, Frannie!

Mad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit