How is the Good News going to be preached Earthwide- if it's not by JWS?

by Mad 121 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I suppose obtuse is a big word if someone doesn't understand what it means or has no use for a dictionary. Quite funny and sad in a way. Josie

• TopHat
    TopHat

Earthwide the Good News has been proclaimed in 2000 years of Christian history...However, that doesn't mean everyone will except the Good News. Today all people have access to Jesus words.

After God resurrected Jesus from the dead, the disciples had a burning question for Him: "Therefore, when they had come together, they asked Him, saying, 'Lord, will You at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?'And He said to them, 'It is not for you to know times or seasons which the Father has put in His own authority'" (Acts 1:6-7).

• Mad
    Mad

MrsJones wrote: "I suppose obtuse is a big word if someone doesn't understand what it means or has no use for a dictionary. Quite funny and sad in a way. Josie"

Mad: Yes- I agree: it's funny and sad to listen to your spiteful words....

Mad the Bully LOLOLOLO!

• Mad
    Mad

OntheWayOut wrote: "They did go to the synagogues in each city, and the marketplace. If you want to say they went door-to-door, because they went into the private homes of those who invited them in, or went to private homes to have meetings instead of the synagogue, then fine. They went from the synagogue or marketplace with someone who invited them into their home, and went from his door to the door of someone else who had asked them to stop in for an exchange of the good news.SO- they did not bypass the door itself, and they did go from leaving one door to arriving at another.That's quite a bit different from the door-to-door salesmen of the WTS that knock at every door to wake up strangers on Saturday morning, asking them if they would like to read the WT and Awake or have a home bible study. When the Bible says "house to house" or "in private homes" the context of the discussion reveals that this was the private part of a public/private ministry. If you want to go door-to-door, the bible doesn't condemn you, and if you don't want to go, that's okay too. JW's tell people that only JW's will survive Armageddon. Only door-to-door salespeople of the WT and Awake can become JW's. Therefore, if you want to survive, if you want God's forgiveness of your sins-
    you MUST go door-to-door. I still think you know all this, and are using pretend ignorance to goad comments. That's alright.I enjoy the process.

Mad writes: Outstanding, OTWO! I enjoy the process. too ( Altho I don't pretend- I resort to SARCASM!) !

I actually AGREE with you! What you don't seem to understand is that we WANT to go from door-to-door. We WANT to reach as many as possible.

Consider what Acts * says- Acts 8 (King James Version)

1- And Saul was consenting unto his death. And at that time there was a great persecution against the church which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered abroad throughout the regions of Judaea and Samaria, except the apostles.

2- And devout men carried Stephen to his burial, and made great lamentation over him.

3- As for Saul, he made havock of the church, entering into every house, and haling men and women committed them to prison.

4- Therefore they that were scattered abroad went every where preaching the word.

5- Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them.

Notice verse 4? They preached EVERYWHERE. They didn't wait till they found a city with a synagogue! Know of any such place today? Modern synagogues won't let you OR I come in and preach. And we JWs ALREADY preach (or hold our magazines up-yeesh!) in the 'marketplaces'!

Bottom line: If Christ really IS your Lord, King & Savior- you will actually OBEY his commands, which included preaching the Good News - and not JUST to synagogues! If our coming to your door disturbs you so much- DON'T answer it- HIDE as most do! LOLOLOLO! (Pardon my 'pretend ignorance!)

• Mad
    Mad

Jgnat wrote: "I don't know how much clearer I can be. I believe the Gideons and the distributors of the Jesus film are doing a far better (in volume and quality) in sharing the good news than the JW's."

Mad writes: Thanks for finally answering the question- but now I'm sorry I asked! I thought you FAR more intelligent than THAT, Jgnat. ( That was NOT sarcasm.)

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Jehovah's Witnesses are irrelevant. They are a non-factor in human society, just one more in a long line of post-millenial Protestant groups. They are far less consequential as an organization than they are indoctrinated to believe by their leadership.

Having said that, the org. has affected thousands who have, due to parental upbringing, savvy recruitment campaigns, etc. found themselves involved in a high-control group difficult to exit. For that reason, JWD exists.

• Mad
    Mad

Doug wrote: "JWs have not been told what God's "Good News" is and they have not been told what God's "Kingdom" is. They have been fed the line that the good news is about a government.

Mad writes: At least you were smart enough to avoid putting your OTHER foot into your mouth by saying anything more, Doug!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbkRe: How is the Good News going to be preached Earthwide- if it's not by JWS? 10-Mar-07 17:28

Post 276 of 276
    since 19-Feb-07

Jehovah's Witnesses are irrelevant. They are a non-factor in human society, just one more in a long line of post-millenial Protestant groups. They are far less consequential as an organization than they are indoctrinated to believe by their leadership.

Having said that, the org. has affected thousands who have, due to parental upbringing, savvy recruitment campaigns, etc. found themselves involved in a high-control group difficult to exit. For that reason, JWD exists.

IP: ViTkZjzPuo9t2/HA
  • Mad
    Mad

NVR wrote: " Jehovah's Witnesses are irrelevant. They are a non-factor in human society, just one more in a long line of post-millenial Protestant groups. They are far less consequential as an organization than they are indoctrinated to believe by their leadership.

Having said that, the org. has affected thousands who have, due to parental upbringing, savvy recruitment campaigns, etc. found themselves involved in a high-control group difficult to exit. For that reason, JWD exists."

Mad writes: You may be right as far as "They are far less consequential as an organization"- but on nothing else. If you REALLY think it's difficult to exit- then Evolution just might be true! (That WAS sarcasm!)

• kid-A
    kid-A

Just a heads up, Troll.....

The only reason people on this DB have played this ridiculous little game with you for 6 pages is because we thorougly enjoy watching brain-fried Watchtower vegetables make complete asses out of themselves....

Give it up. Your cult is dying, and millions once living are now DEAD....Just follow the pretty blue line....LMAO.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit