How is the Good News going to be preached Earthwide- if it's not by JWS?

by Mad 121 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• acadian
    acadian

Man, you all are still at it!? Doesn't anyone work around here? Must be a holiday, huh? LOL Acadian cheers !

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hey, Mad. Those links sum up my feelings on the topic of worldwide preaching very well. They are not discussion sites or definition sites or argument sites. Both are notable organizations who are doing MORE to spread God's Word than the Witnesses. In My Humble Opinion.

• Mad
    Mad

Mouthy wrote:"Well I aint called MOUTHY for nothing mate... I am on all the radio stations ,Television,churches, conventions. Telling the GOOD NEWS!!!! What is that???? That the GOD of LOVE!!!! The Creator... gave us two laws,... Love God first & Your neighbour .... So I go around telling ALL >>>>that Jehovahs Witnesses are Satan Tools... Boy that is SUCH good news to be identified as the False Prophet & the Watchtower proves it by their own writings... So keep on tracking matie.....Be sure the truth will find you out....> Who IS the truth??? in the Bible ??? Mine says Jesus is the WAY,TRUTH,LIFE, What does Your say??? Oh sorry I remember it is the Religion of the Watchtower "

Mad: Well mouthy, I hope to live up to your Sarcasm- I already have your zeal! You asked:"Who IS the truth??? in the Bible ??? Mine says Jesus is the WAY,TRUTH,LIFE, What does Your say??? "

You're correct about Jesus being the truth- buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, Jesus himself said that his Father was looking for those that would worship with Spirit & Truth. (John 4) . Paul said: 2 Timothy 2:15 (King James Version)- "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

So it's apparent that when Jesus said he WAS the truth, that it was an illustration to sum up that he represented all Truth stands for: it was his purpose, his love, his mission, his work from God!

But, I guess you'll argue about that, too! So when Paul said:"a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth", he must be describing how we must chop Christ into proper portions?.....

LOLOLOLO!

Mad

• Mad
    Mad

The Nameless One wrote:" I gotta challenge you.

Nobody in the First Century went from house-to-house, systematically contacting
    everyone with the Good News.

Mad- I'd look up the scriptures to correct you- but it WOULDN'T correct you! Try READING the Bible; you'll LEARN something.

They went to cities, and preaching was done publicly. They met "in private homes" for personal study or
    for their meetings, but never is there an example of Jesus or his disciples going door-to-door.
    If you learn what the text means, and not just believe the NWT is always correct (it ain't), you will know this.
    The context makes clear that people were contacted initially with a public preaching (marketplace or synagogue)
    and continued learning, often "in private homes."

I wouldn't expect you to know that, though. I had to get away from JW thinking and literature to discover this
    truth.

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Mad: Acts 20:20; Acts 20:21 (King James Version)

20- And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publicly, and from house to house,

21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

GASP! Did he say "house to house"???????

He didn't say "In your Homes"- he said from house to house!

Argue against the scriptures all you want!

Mad

• Mad
    Mad

Jgnat wrote:"Hey, Mad. Those links sum up my feelings on the topic of worldwide preaching very well. They are not discussion sites or definition sites or argument sites. Both are notable organizations who are doing MORE to spread God's Word than the Witnesses. In My Humble Opinion."

Mad: Then do some humble cutting & pasting, Jgnat! ESPECIALLY if THEY are the ones doing the preaching work! Please?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    The Emphatic Diaglott- Acts 20:20 (translated into English) how I kept back NOTHING that was
    PROFITABLE; neglecting not to declare to you and to teach you publicly and at your houses;
    NWT (with References)

while I did not hold back from telling YOU any of the things that were profitable nor from teaching YOU publicly and from house to house. *

*Footnote

Rbi8 Acts 20:20

Or, "and in private houses." Lit., "and according to houses." Gr., kaikat’oi´kous.
    Here ka·ta´ is used with the accusative pl. in the distributive sense. Compare 5:42 ftn, "House."

Since it could say one or the other, the scripture needs to be examined to be sure what meaning Paul used. Paul is
    clearly making a contrast when he says "publicly and at your houses." The non-JW scholar (so it's not Fred Franz- the
    Greek scholar who wrote the NWT gems) recognizes that Paul was saying he preached to them publicly in the marketplace
    and/or at the synagogue, and after he got the attention of some, he went to their private houses and continued to teach those
    same people he had preached to, publicly.

Find me another.

• TopHat
    TopHat

Mad? May I ask you question? When you preach to people from door to door in neighborhoods, what is your presentation? AND if they consent to a Bible study...what book or books do you use to teach this good news? How many studies have you, at present? Have any of your studies become JWs?

• mouthy
    mouthy

he must be describing how we must chop Christ into proper portions?.....

The organization is the one chopping Jesus .they made him an angel.MICHEAL Yet God the FATHER said he is his Son...the WT Bible calls the Word a god.... Father calls him GOD...Yes you do really need to be a JW because your not a reasonable man...I hate to say I think my dear friend Little Toe is right but I think you are full of it....I will not come back to read your response because I feel pity for you..."Convince a man against his will he's of the same opinion still"So keep on with the fighting spirit. On day you will get muscles ......

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

GASP! Did he say "house to house"???????

He didn't say "In your Homes"- he said from house to house!

Argue against the scriptures all you want!

Part of the problem today is, many people don't look at the original intent of the writer.
    JW's assume their precious NWT is God's Word. Others assume the KJV is God's Word.
    Both are translations of Hebrew and Greek words written by men. Even modern Greek would
    be totally different from ancient Greek.

Since some versions say "house to house" you assume that some expert knew what he was
    talking about, you read the English and you are done. That's the way I did it, that's the way it's
    been done since the KJV came out, and is still done by JW's and other Bible readers.
    Well, that allows us to be misled. I am no Greek scholar, but I can compare what MANY experts
    say, to develop a real understanding of the Bible.

The original topic- "How is the Good News going to be preached Earthwide?" Didn't the WTS say
    that had a fulfillment in the First Century? How could it? They examined the meaning behind what
    was promised by Jesus. Notice some comments.

go chap.9p.150The"Sign"ofImminenceoftheWorldGovernment***

For that generation he had foretold wars, famines, pestilences, earthquakes, persecution of Christians, lawlessness, Kingdom preaching world wide, and the standing of the "disgusting thing" in the "holy place." All these things had come upon that generation of Jews as a "sign" to them of the fast-approaching destruction of the Jewish system of things.—Matthew 24:3-22; Luke 21:10-23.

kc chap.12 pp.107-108pars.5-8The"Last Days"andthe Kingdom***

Though Jesus’ disciples were thinking only of the immediate future, Jesus’ reply on that occasion was to have a twofold application: first, during the "last days" of the Jewish system, and, much later, during the "last days" of Satan’s world system that embraces the entire inhabited earth.

What Jesus said to those disciples, as recorded at Matthew 24, verses 7 to 22, described the course of events that some of them would observe in a miniature way during the next 37 years down to 70 C.E. For the Jews of Jesus’ generation, it was to be a turbulent period of wars, food shortages, earthquakes, hatred of Christians and appearances of false Messiahs. Yet "this good news of the kingdom" would be preached in all creation as a witness. Finally, that "disgusting thing," the pagan Roman army, did indeed invade the "holy place" of Jerusalem’s temple. After a brief respite, during which Jesus’ disciples were able to obey his prophetic command by fleeing to the mountains for safety, the Romans came again under General Titus. They dashed Jerusalem and its children to the ground and demolished its temple, not leaving a stone upon a stone.—See also Luke 19:43, 44; Colossians 1:23.

In fulfillment of Jesus’ "sign," this accumulation of troubles came to afflict the Jews, and was climaxed by Jerusalem’s fiery destruction in 70 C.E. More than a million Jews perished with their city, and the survivors were carried off captive. Titus’ victory arch stands in Rome to this day as a grim reminder of the fulfillment of Jesus’ prophecy. However, was Jesus’ "sign" recorded and preserved in writing as a warning only to persons living in the first century? Is it merely ‘dead history’ today? The answer must be, No!

A

GLOBALAPPLICATION

The miniature fulfillment of Jesus’ words during the "last days" of the Jewish system of things should serve to strengthen our belief in the power of divine prophecy. However, those first-century events provide also a striking prophetic pattern of what is to take place on a far wider scale with regard to Satan’s global system of things. This must be so, for the execution of God’s judgment on Jerusalem in 70 C.E. was not the greatest tribulation up to that time, nor has it been the last. Jesus’ words at Matthew 24:21, 22 await their full-scale fulfillment:

If I accept that Jesus was the son of God, and that he was speaking an accurate prophecy, I still have to examine what the
    experts are saying that he meant. The WTS experts (really just J.F. Rutherford and F. Franz) say there was a mini-fulfillment
    and a major-fulfillment. They do this by saying "This must be so, for the execution of God’s judgment on Jerusalem in 70 C.E.
    was not the greatest tribulation up to that time, nor has it been the last." That's saying that Jesus misled or exaggerated. It would be my
    duty to compare what WTS says with other experts opinions, then try to understand this on my own, independently of what Freddy Franz
    is trying to tell me.

My determination at this point (I keep searching) is that Jesus' words were recorded after the destruction of Jerusalem, they were
    meant to signify just the destruction of Jerusalem and the sign of those days, and the recorder of those words wanted readers to
    believe that it was the greatest tribulation up to that time (he probably felt that it was) and there would no other tribulation quite like it,
    again. The good news was preached in "all the inhabited earth" that the recorder of those words was concerned with- not North and
    South America or Japan or Australia. He wasn't concerned with how people would view his writings after his death, let alone nearly
    two thousand years later.

Back to Paul. He did not go door-to-door systematically. He went house-to-house on his return visits to people he preached to
    at the synagogue or in the marketplace.

• jgnat
    jgnat
    Mad: Then do some humble cutting & pasting, Jgnat! ESPECIALLY if THEY are the ones doing the preaching work! Please?

I have no idea what you are going on about, Mad. You are obtuse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit