How is the Good News going to be preached Earthwide- if it's not by JWS?

by Mad 121 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TopHat
    TopHat

Dear Mad: I am knocking at your door with the good news of the truth. You have opened the door and closed your ears and accused me of being spiteful. Why?

• Mad
    Mad

Tophat wrote:"Dear Mad: I am knocking at your door with the good news of the truth. You have opened the door and closed your ears and accused me of being spiteful. Why?"

Mad: Sorry, Tophat- I'm bad at finding my way around this board- it's so big! Could you cut & paste our past discussion so I can answer your question?

If you didn't state WHO you think is preaching the Good News of the Kingdom earthwide- you HAVEN'T answered the question...because there is NO question as to Christ directing it!

Agape,

Mad the Senile One

• Mad
    Mad

Onthewayout wrote:" The Emphatic Diaglott- Acts 20:20 (translated into English) how I kept back NOTHING that was
    PROFITABLE; neglecting not to declare to you and to teach you publicly and at your houses;

NWT (with References)

while I did not hold back from telling YOU any of the things that were profitable nor from teaching YOU publicly and from house to house. *

*Footnote

Rbi8 Acts 20:20

Or, "and in private houses." Lit., "and according to houses." Gr., kaikat’oi´kous.
    Here ka·ta´ is used with the accusative pl. in the distributive sense. Compare 5:42 ftn, "House."

Since it could say one or the other, the scripture needs to be examined to be sure what meaning Paul used. Paul is
    clearly making a contrast when he says "publicly and at your houses." The non-JW scholar (so it's not Fred Franz- the
    Greek scholar who wrote the NWT gems) recognizes that Paul was saying he preached to them publicly in the marketplace
    and/or at the synagogue, and after he got the attention of some, he went to their private houses and continued to teach those
    same people he had preached to, publicly.

Find me another.

You got me, that's it! I guess they just went from synagogue to synagogue in each city, and the 'Holy Ghost' poofed them into the private homes...

There are so many details when you look closely at the accounts! For example, reading Acts this morning I noticed this, after listening to you:

Acts 8:4 (King James Version) - Therefore they that were scattered abroad went every where preaching the word.

Now I'm sure you have your own little idea about "everywhere" not being everywhere, either, so I leave to to admire your own wisdom!

Mad

• Mad
    Mad

Tophat asked:"Mad? May I ask you question? When you preach to people from door to door in neighborhoods, what is your presentation? AND if they consent to a Bible study...what book or books do you use to teach this good news? How many studies have you, at present? Have any of your studies become JWs?"

Mad: My 'presantation' is a question. "Are you, by any chance a Bible Reader?" When studying (none at present, many have become JWs), I use whatever book I feel will help them to study the Bible when I'm not there. I always point out that the only purpose of the book is to guide them to the parts of the Bible that discuss the subject in question, stressing- above all else- that they ask God to give them understanding.

Mad

• Mad
    Mad

Mouthy wrote:"The organization is the one chopping Jesus .they made him an angel.MICHEAL Yet God the FATHER said he is his Son...the WT Bible calls the Word a god.... Father calls him GOD...Yes you do really need to be a JW because your not a reasonable man...I hate to say I think my dear friend Little Toe is right but I think you are full of it....I will not come back to read your response because I feel pity for you..."Convince a man against his will he's of the same opinion still"So keep on with the fighting spirit. On day you will get muscles ......"

LOLOLO! Your TRUE spirit is showing! If Christ would have had that attitude- none of us would have a future!

Farewell!

Mad

• Mad
    Mad

Well at least you finally answered the question! BOY did you answer it! You view is way to inconsistant-and lenghty- for me to want to even TRY to understand! Mad

• Mad
    Mad

Jgnat wrote:"I have no idea what you are going on about, Mad. You are obtuse."

Mad: "Obtuse"? Quit using such big words on me! I didn't WANT to go on & on- believe it or not! I HONESTLY wanted to just hear WHO (if not, as everyone here is saying, JWs) are carrying out the work Jesus predicted that would precede the end of the world/SOS....and everyone just starts mouthing insults & digs at the WTBS!

Why can't they just say "Aliens from Jupiter are doing it"- or whatever they might think!

If someone starts cutting down one of your friends - don't YOU step in?

Mad

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

You got me, that's it! I guess they just went from synagogue to synagogue in each city,
    and the 'Holy Ghost' poofed them into the private homes...

They did go to the synagogues in each city, and the marketplace. If you want to say
    they went door-to-door, because they went into the private homes of those who invited them
    in, or went to private homes to have meetings instead of the synagogue, then fine. They went from
    the synagogue or marketplace with someone who invited them into their home, and went from his
    door to the door of someone else who had asked them to stop in for an exchange of the good news.
    SO- they did not bypass the door itself, and they did go from leaving one door to arriving at another.

That's quite a bit different from the door-to-door salesmen of the WTS that knock at every door to
    wake up strangers on Saturday morning, asking them if they would like to read the WT and Awake or
    have a home bible study.

When the Bible says "house to house" or "in private homes" the context of the discussion reveals that
    this was the private part of a public/private ministry. If you want to go door-to-door, the bible doesn't
    condemn you, and if you don't want to go, that's okay too.

JW's tell people that only JW's will survive Armageddon. Only door-to-door salespeople of the WT and
    Awake can become JW's. Therefore, if you want to survive, if you want God's forgiveness of your sins-
    you MUST go door-to-door.

I still think you know all this, and are using pretend ignorance to goad comments. That's alright.
    I enjoy the process.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I don't know how much clearer I can be. I believe the Gideons and the distributors of the Jesus film are doing a far better (in volume and quality) in sharing the good news than the JW's.

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

JWs have not been told what God's "Good News" is and they have not been told what God's "Kingdom" is.

They have been fed the line that the good news is about a government.

Doug

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit