How Far Up The "Ranks" Did You Go In The Organization?

by minimus 108 Replies latest jw friends

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Baptized at 13
    Pioneer at 17
    M.S.at 19
    Bethel at 22
    fast tract to elder even at bethel Than slowly the scales began to fall

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

pioneer, MS, Elder, Circuit Assembly Talks, Little League Coach.

Match that one Min!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Yea, LongHairGal and me, two Dead Beats. Surely on a board this big there are lots of us. I did go on a lot of quickbuilds and help with cooking, feeding or brick laying, etc. Of course the TMS and all that. *sigh*. I lament, but you know, not too much. No use in crying over spilt milk. I'm just glad I got out. I am much happier now.

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

I was ministerial servant at the age of 20 and got deleted as MS at the age of 23.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Just thumping handing out mics kind of guy.

I once gave a talk at a circuit assembly and shook hands with a GB. Does this count for anything?

Will

• Perry
    Perry

Regular Pioneer. Never cared about the politics required for positions. I guess I really fell for Matt 24:14 WT spin.

• skyking
    skyking

Watchtower conductor

Book Study conductor

On only one Judicial Committee which was hard for me because I disagreed with the other two ass holes on the committee, I caved in anda good Elder of 25 years lost his privileges over nothing.

• Reefton Jack
    Reefton Jack

Early on, I did several different stints at what they used to call "Temporary Pioneering."
    Later, I was a Regular Pioneer.
    After getting married though, I wasn't so popular with those that matter!
    This was because of the rather Victorian attitude that was (and perhaps still is ) prevalent in the congregations toward those suffering from Mental Illness.

Not that I was mentally ill
    (not that I know of, anyway - although my non-JW family were convinced that I had completely lost all my marbles about the time that I agreed to attend my first JW "meeting"!)
    Rather, my wife of the time suffered from (and still does suffer from) several long-term psyhchiatric disorders.
    (While these weren't caused by her being a JW - the JW lifestyle in no way helped matters, either).

Anyway, the Body of Elders didn't seem to be comfortable with the idea that anyone with a mentally ill wife could also be a Ministerial Servant.
    I was evidently on their S##t List for a quite a long time, and wasn't appointed an
    MS until I was 35.
    I used to conduct the Book Study, and give Public Talks in our congregation.
    However, it was not long after that that I began to wise-up to what the WTS was all about.

Jack.

PS:
    The only benefit that I have from 28 years with the dubs is having learned to speak in public.
    This has come in handy in recent years in facing down a crowd of angry, striking workers - and just lately in dealing with a semi-mutinous workforce; one of whom was determined to put a 3 lb Hammer clean through my skull, before the day was out.
    Just the same, I would readily volunteer that it was a very costly Training Programme in Public Speaking that I did with the JWs!

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Baptized at 11.5 years

Temporary Pioneered

Vacation Pioneered

Regular Pioneered

School Overseer 10 years +

Book Study Overseer

Presiding Overseer (Acting)

Circuit Assembly Talks

District Assembly Talks

Operating Committee Chairman

Regional Building Committee Overseer

Circuit Attendant Overseer

Assistant District Attendant Overseer

"Apostate." Have reached the pinnacle of my "theocratic" career.

tsof

• happy man
    happy man

Elder, School Overseer, WT Conductor, BookStudy Overseer, Circuit Talks.

over 20 years in all ,50 in the truhth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit