How Far Up The "Ranks" Did You Go In The Organization?

by minimus 108 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Ok, I'll cave and join the ritual emasculation:

The embarrassment starts with the fact that I used to put in Pioneer hours during vacations before I was even baptised. I got baptised at school age. Pioneered from school as Aux then Regular, attended Pioneer school, assisted with Literature, Mags, microphones and sound box.

As a MS I was literature servant, Mag Servant briefly, Territory Servant, Book Study Conductor and later on visiting Public Talk speaker to other congs as well as our own.

As an Elder I variously held Service Overseer, Account Servant, Secretary, TMS Overseer (one of the few semi-fun jobs), and taking the Watchtower and the Hall Book Study. Regularly gave talks on the Circuit Assembly programme and was being groomed to become a CO.

No wonder my wife's affections were alienated when I DAed and left that "wonderful spiritual career" behind for both of us. Personally I now count it "refuse", though it taught me an awful lot.

I never went to Bethel (my Dad did) and I never held the position of PO, Special Pioneer, Missionary, CO, DO, or Governing Body member (oh how I missed out, since I did everything else ), but I know a number that post here who have.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

fairly mundane here im afraid...Ms at 19,reg pio at 20-23,pub talks and C.A parts ..got pissed off with 1995 changes ,got a bit rebellious,deleted as ms in 1998,stopped ministry in 2002,dropped out in 2003.

Peaks and troughs eh?All peaks now i think

• Mulan
    Mulan

When my children were young, I auxiliary (vacation) pioneered frequently. When our youngest was about 11, I became a regular pioneer for more than two years until I burned out. Then I regained my health and attitude, sort of, and tried to get back to pioneering, but never could quite make the committment again. In that same time frame, my husband was learning the truth about the organization, which was taking a lot of my joy away.

My husband became an elder in 1974, and quickly advanced in the local area because he is very smart, was a serious Bible student, and was an excellent speaker, in high demand. He became the school overseer and served there for 14 years, until he was made the Watchtower overseer, which he continued to conduct, until he resigned as an elder in 1997 to begin our fade. He served on special committees for many years, was a District Convention speaker, had a part on every Circuit assembly, and taught the MInisterial Training School, subbing for the CO, who had back surgery. He went to Bethel to work on construction, and was asked back at their expense several times.

It all seems such a waste now.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Magazine and Literature Servant 14-16 Baptized age 16 MS at age 17-30 Book Study Conductor age 18 Regular Pioneer 7 years Elder 30-52 Moved where the need was great. Secretary Service Overseer Ministry School Overseer

Operating Committee Chairman sam

• minimus
    minimus

You know....looking at this thread should make the WT. look seriously at what they have done. These "apostates" are for the most part, seasoned veterans of the Organization. None of us are stupid. Knowing what we know makes me feel "proud" to be part of this group.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Never gave whole souled devotion. Deadbeat of deadbeats minimum service for me.

Rose to illustrious position of mic handler.

Didn't even want to do that.

moo

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Dredged up a few more things.

I was on two or three Quick Build teams, until I returned back to the island, which made regular travel nigh on impossible.

As well as giving Public Talks in congregations around the Circuit, I also gave a number in England and Africa.

I was a Captain of the Attendants at the District Assemblies and Assistant Overseer of the whole department at the Circuits. I was also next in line to become the Attendants Overseer at both the DIstrict and the Circuit. Never pansied around with the "Watchers", though

I had a free invite to stay in London Bethel any time I wanted, too.

Funny the kind of things you call "privileges", when you're in such a closed system

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

MS

Book study conductor

Sunday talks

Accounts servant

#1 talks, Highlight talks, Oral quality talks

• Mary
    Mary

I pioneered, but I never did it for the "rank" or "position"----I actually thought I was doing something right.

I'm pretty sure I hold the record in my old congregation for getting my ass hauled in the second school for "a little chat" whenever I asked too many questions.

• ImFreeNow
    ImFreeNow

1st Post, 3 years of lurking!!!!! You guys have helped me on my journey out a lot!!!!!!!!!

Elder 21 years

Secretary 10 years

PO 8 years

Book Study Conductor 23 years....2 years while MS

250+ Public Talks, 3 years while MS

29 assigned parts @ the Circuit & District level (including 6 consecutive years at the DC)

Parts assigned for elders school

Many apppeal committees.....how sick!!!

Regular Aux, 3 years

Regular Pioneer, 6 years

Branch appointments, RBC 4 years................involved as department head for 20 years.

Hospital visitation committee

You name it I've been involved in it, all the way to the top, 5th generation in the org.

Four different congo's, the last three assigned by the CO

DC convention department overseer, 6 years

Other areas as well

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit