POLL: Would You Ever Consider Going Back To The Organization?

by minimus 106 Replies latest jw friends

• lilybird
    lilybird

No.. I don't need to be a part of an organization to feel of value as a person or to worship god(if I felt the need to worship god).

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

No.

Under no circumstances. There are no changes that could be made either that would entice me back. It is a scam, so why waste time being guilt tripped into multiple weekly meetings.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Finally Free:

You're too funny! I guess it's pathetic to be a fifty year old virgin pioneer sister. I'm glad I wasn't!

But, I wouldn't want to go back because I am turned off to religion in general. I think I am cured.

LHG

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

NEVER

WHY? To much hypocrisy/deception etc. etc.

The Claw

• aarque
    aarque

Never...never...never...never...

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

an ex elder apostate relative who got reinstated for family (and is almost an elder again lol) asked me a few weeks ago if i ever thought about going back to the hall.. without thinking about it i burst out with "NO! i wont ever willingly walk back in those doors again"

i didnt know i felt that strongly about it! felt damn good saying it though.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

No...I have come to far to go backwards. I am stronger now than I ever was as a "sister." No one would even recognize me. Basically would rather bite the dust then be in the "paradise" wearing flowered dresses and pantyhose.

Leslie

• Sasha
    Sasha

No...I started studying at 17....left at 23..Went back fully 2 years ago...then left for good. Felt I was lied to about many different questions I asked. I now think it is a cult. I'm 57. NO, I would not go back

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

can i go back and stay the way i am? or do i have to cut my hair and start dressing like a normie again?

heh, lol, just kidding. my answer: "no".

jwd is enough jehover witnoid stuff for me.

jehovah himself, with jesus on his right hand, and a great angelic host could appear in the sky for all of mankind and say: "THESE ARE MY PEOPLE." and i would still flip them the bird and tell them to f*ck off in the loudest scream i could muster.

i'm an apsoate, i don't go back for anyone, including god almighty.

sincerely,

tetra

• Odrade
    Odrade

I think it's impossible to say unless we find ourselves facing a set of circumstances where our decision changes our lives irrevocably. I can say now that I can't think of any circumstances that would make me consider going back to the Organization. And it is quite a leap from considering to actually doing. But I can't presume to say that nothing will ever change, and that there would never be a reason where it would be in my best interests to return in some capacity. If you had asked this two weeks ago, I would have said unequivocally, NO, there is nothing that could make me consider going back. But after watching the discussion surrounding Gumby's choice to return, I thing it would be pure hubris on my part to say that I could account for every eventuality and still come up NO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit