POLL: Would You Ever Consider Going Back To The Organization?

by minimus 106 Replies latest jw friends

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

I think my bio sums up my feelings quite well (especially the bold, red print):

They drill into your head that you will die at Armageddon if you make human mistakes until you go to them for help and healing, and then they cut you off from everyone you know, make an announcement about your evil unrepentant ways, and teach everyone around you to shun you and think bad thoughts about you, then make you jump through hoops for years in order to reinstate your good standing. All for going to them as shepherds for help, help for making mistakes, help for being human. I jumped through all their hoops. I played by all their rules. I did what I was told. I didn't ask any questions. I minded my own business. I thought Jehovah forgave me when they deemed me worthy of being one of them again. They say God will handle everything in due time and to wait on Jehovah. After they committed a serious injustice to another family member, I decided I could no longer live this way and that the only winning move was not to play. And I walked away.(Baptized 1997, disfellowshipped 2001, reinstated 2001, reproved 2002, disfellowshipped 2003, reinstated 2005, done with stupid mind games 2006.)

Does that answer the question? I'm done with stupid mind games. Are they done playing them? Didn't someone else say "when pigs fly?"

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

now ... whats the real question? cuz ya gotta be joking with that one

• Ken O
    Ken O

Nope!

They've had their hooks in me for the last time. I'll not be back....Unless a direct revelation from God or Christ were to show they were somehow remotely actually being used....but then again, if a frog had wings it wouldn't bump it's ass.

• Highlander
    Highlander
    Like George Bush said "fool me once shame on you fool me twice er mm Carl how does that go?"

haha, I laughed my ass of the first time I heard GW attempt to say that quote.

Would I ever go back? hmm, I'm not exactly gone, as I have a j-dub wife and everyone knows me as inactive both in meeting attendence and preaching. I'm in a position that the

j-dubs will still associate with me and I intend to keep it that way so as to associate with my family and bring a positive influence to them. Maybe I'm fortunate enough to not be

shunned at this point. If I were shunned, I don't think I'd submit to the protocol necessary to return to 'jehovahs favor'™ so no, I won't go back.

• seek2find
    seek2find

I haven't succesfully escaped yet. Probally won't. If someone offered me a oneway ticket out with no possible return that wouldn't drasticaly affect those whom I love. I'd take it. I don't think that's in the offing tho, So I play the hide and seek game. Living a double life. seek2find

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Maybe, if they let me direct the publishing of the WT and Awake. I'd run one last printing with a big title on the front "Babylon the Great", and under that put a mirror sort of like Time's "Person of the Year", then under the mirror I could put "The end of this false religion is at hand.".

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

NO! NEVER! ABSOULTLY NOT! NO WAY! ETC.... (get the point)

Served my time, got out with most of my brain in tact, and minimal loss of self esteem!!! Why risk it again.

Besides those meetings and songs were BORING to say the least and the chairs were the most uncomfortable!!! We won't even talk about the embarassment of "door-to-door"!!!

What about you minimus???

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Hell NO!

• xjwms
    xjwms

never, ... Never, ... NEVER

Why? man made cult ..... who BRAIN-WASH

• Do Not Call
    Do Not Call

Under NO circumstances!!!

Share this