POLL: Would You Ever Consider Going Back To The Organization?

by minimus 106 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Sure, some might go back "just in case" they're right after all. A lot came back after 9-11, then fizzled. They thought maybe the "end" was near and they had better get back to the "ark of salvation".

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I agree that some do go back, and for a variety of reasons, not always to get their family back. I wonder, though, if some of them ever really leave in the true sense of the word.

If, like myself and many others on this forum, you really research the wts, and see how often they've changed their doctrine over the years, and see the "new light" bs for what it really is, if you see for yourself that there is absolutely no way that they can be right, then you would never go back under any circumstances other than to get your family back, as in the case of poor Gumby. If you just stop going to meetings, never really look into what the org teaches, and see how so little of it has any real scriptural support, then some kind of national or even personal disaster might send you back to the meetings, most likely out of fear that they are right.

• minimus
    minimus

If a persons understands the facts about the entire religion and that "The Truth" is not found with JWs, they should never be able to ignore that, imho.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    If a persons understands the facts about the entire religion and that "The Truth" is not found with JWs, they should never be able to ignore that, imho.

I agree Min, that's why me and my boyfriend, and you as well, will never go back. We know very well that what we once believed as "the truth" isn't anything of the sort. So no matter what happens to people like us, going back to the org simply isn't an option we would consider.

It's the less well-informed, who just fade away, and never do any research into what they used to believe, and maybe still do believe, who are vulnerable to being persuaded to return.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Mimimus, to go back just in case of what? Only those that have not matured as ex JWs might consider that, otherwise it is well known that the JWs have nothing to offer before God or man, even armageddon is a trickery a good selling point for them and if it did ever arrive the WTS would also be a target just the same.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I might be late but I'm here

Would You Ever Consider Going Back To The Organization?

Poke out my eyes, give me a mouth full of root canals, break every bone in my feet,

oh no wait that one might be an improvement

No way would I go back

I hate lying. I hate living a lie. I hate settling.

It almost killed me before. I'm not up for second chances.

There isn't anything they could change that would make me even consider going back

Nope

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder

It is akin to asking me if I would go back to the feeling I had after I ate that potato salad that was left in the sun for too long.

FBF

• minimus
    minimus

Fleshy, but if you were hungry enough.......

• Cellist
    Cellist

No! Once was more than enough for me.

Cellist

• free2think
    free2think

NO WAY, because the wts are all a bunch of crazy's that have to loving kind hearted people into superior, over zealous, selfish, super righteous know it alls. And breathe.............

ok vent over

free2think

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit