Judicial Committee Audio Recording

by Shaolu 113 Replies latest jw experiences

• Jourles
    Jourles

I found it extremely odd that they let you bring your friend in as a "witness." This goes against their primary cardinal rule --- No witnesses to the meeting except the elders. Very strange.

• minimus
    minimus

Jourles, I agree. But I know of someone this past summer that went thru nearly the same thing and he brought a "witness" that said almost nothing, just listened, while he recorded the event secretly.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

V,

To accept personal responsibility is not to excuse people for being rude or unloving. I will grant you that there must be people who become JW's without any knowledge of the judicial system in place, though I can't imagine how they could miss it in view of the indoctrination methods. I say that because some here have expressed just that. They must have been in a congregation without any DF'ings during either their whole lifetime (raised in), or the whole time they studied, at least six months. And there must have been no one in the hall seeking reinstatement also. I suppose that happens. They would have had to miss the part of the study book that discussed DFing and the section of the OM book that asked about it. Now, if you are talking about the true impact of such a policy, then I would say that no one knows the true impact till it happens to them or a family member. I can agree with that.

Were you one who was baptized when eleven years old? You never went over the questions for baptism, including those about keeping the congregation clean? You never experienced someone getting disfellowshiped before you were baptized? Then I can buy that it was all a surprise. I guess there are some like that. Or perhaps you were illiterate and missed all the propaganda on the subject rammed down our throats ALL the time?

I just heard of a 13 year old who was baptized in the local congregation. Her family is opposed. I guarantee that she knows what's required. Does she understand the full impact? Perhaps not, but she is responsible for her decision. She covered the material and the questions for baptism as do all. In time she will make a different decision, I hope. Though her decision is probably based on low self esteem, or a need to escape a poor family background, she is making the decision. (I never understood how someone who is a minor would be allowed to be baptized while living with their oppsoing parents, considering that their parents are responsible for them. Then again, shouldn't a JW kid be able to have no dealings with the borg even if a minor living with his JW parents?)

Take heart V, the majority of kids raised by Witnoids are NOT being duped so easily. In the congregations I was associated with I can only think of three children, out of over 25, who are still associated, and these only slightly. Yes, we can be thankful for recordings that show what that mindset has wrought and how it effects people's lives, but realistically the majority of those kids who do not stick with it have not heard it. It is the failure of the doctrine to appeal any longer. It is a failed world view that is now antiquated. It is exposed as dysfunctional by its fruits and yes, people like you (us) who have chosen to fade show there is another approach. The fact that we have faded, (maybe I'm assuming that from your comment, sorry) shows that we know the game and can work it. They are simple people in fact.

I too was raised with the "Truth". I went for it whole heartedly. Most of my family is inactive now. I had the unusual situation in which my "spirituality" drove the others to activity. WHen I cooled off, they did too. When I was "Joe elder" and striving to be the man God wanted, they were inspired to pioneer etc. WHen I crashed and said kiss my ... they slowly dwindled. At heart they defend this crap and I still keep my mouth shut, but its a small price for the peace we have. Life is good. I'm sure that the poster of the recording will be much happier now. And I'm happy for him.

This thread has been one of the most interesting in that it has really encouraged a healthy dialouge. Thats what I'm grateful for. Keep thinking free. Record whomever you will. Just remember, many of them were "born into the cult and brainwashed from day one."

I applaud this forum for allowing such diverse views without rancor.

W.Once

(its too cold to go outside right now.)

• BrentR
    BrentR

Sunlight is the best sanitizer .

• NYCkid
    NYCkid

Thanks for the recording it was an interesting and brought me back to my own fun judicial meeting, albeit quite different. I particularly enjoyed the line, "We'll dismiss you if we don't feel comfortable being in your presence."

I agree with Once an Elder that both you and they had an agenda at the meeting but the recording confirms that JW doctrine places loyalty to "the organization" above anything else. It's very "1984" in that regard...eeeeek.

NYCkid

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

WOW, now that sounds so familar, where is the wisdom from above that James spoke of if they have God's spirit on them durning these meetings. I wonder if they realize that even Jehovah himself spoke with the biggest apostate of all in Job? Did they stick their fingers in their ears and say I can't hear you over and over again? Sad, and they actually think that this is God directed with kangaroos in their courtrooms. I just can't believe Jesus acting this way to anyone. He used the scriptures effectively with Satan when tempted, he spoke with the apostate Pharisees but never acted that way. No defense except I will take my ball home and play by myself then.

• JH
    JH
    My favorite part is when "Brother Russell" (no joke) said to my friend, in regards to me, "I absolutely do hate him, just as Jehovah does."

Didn't Jesus say to make peace with your brother before getting closer to God? The elders should listen more to Jesus's words.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

These "elders" have no basis to be carrying on these kind of inquisitions in the first place! It's not what is outlined in the Bible at all! No matter the reason behind the recording, I think it's good exposure to have this information out there for any who may be considering going to their "jc meeting." Most JW's don't have any concept of how ruthless and heartless these guys CAN act.

For all the ex-jw elders....your colors are showing....it's hard to lose that elder coat once it's worn. (Just an observation......)

Swalker

• minimus
    minimus

Swalker, I'm an ex-elder.....Care to elaborate??

• CD
    CD

welcome 2 JWD & Thanks 4 posting your recording. very interesting. basically, come down 2 do you agree with the BORG or not. if not, they want to give you your walking papers or get you to give your walking papers..what a joke of an ORG!

CD.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit