Judicial Committee Audio Recording

by Shaolu 113 Replies latest jw experiences

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Absolutely brilliant stuff, took quite a bit of courage to do the whole thing the way you did.

Whatever happened to Isaiah 1v18.. "Come now you people and let us set matters straight between us says Jehovah" and many others. I found they don’t want to debate because if you produce too many scriptures that they are not familiar with they lose the upper hand, It’s not a debate it’s their statement of what they believe and quite honestly that leaves much to be desired.

KT

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

the problem with recordings is that the people who do them have already made their minds up that they are leaving anyway...so they go to have a bit of fun with it..

the real irony is those that do go to a j.c with a humble heart wanting to be disciplined, re-adjusted, and helped...and yet get treated despicably...these are the ones that don't carry recording equipment because they are not interested in 'winning' debates or making elders look like idiots..they do genuinely want to be-and expect to be-treated fairly and humanely...and are all the more disillussioned when it does not happen

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

W. Once

Please provide me with examples of "the evidence" that was presented here that was gotten "out to those who are unable to get it themselves."

I just have the hope that their methods get exposed. But to be honest, this is why I will never submit to one of these hearings. I will simply write a letter and that will be that. Its almost like you have to stoop to their level to argue with them. And the truly sad part is that, Yes, those elders are probably loving people. They are following a morally flawed system. They are soldiers for a cause that they believe in. Not the ones guilty as much as the bums who foment it, the GB. My daughter likes to say that if the leaders that send people to die in wars actually came out themselves and fought it out, they would either stop fighting or kill each other. In which case the problem would be solved with a lot less bloodshed. tsof (of the class who would love to take on the Governing Body anywhere, any time)

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs
    As JW's we joined of our own free will. We agreed to the rules, of our own free will.

Correction W.Once....

Many of us, such as myself, were born into this cult and had no choice in the matter. I never agreed to anything. It was basically follow our rules or else.

Recording like these are good b/c they allow the rest of the world to see what really goes on in the Borg.

~luv, jojo

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Exactly, my free-will came at the swat of a hand or the belt.

• undercover
    undercover

I can appreciate WAEO's points and I agree to a point...there comes a time that if we don't believe anymore, why can't we just let it go and beat them by living well?

Our new poster already knew what he was going to do and yet tried to trap these elders in a game of words. We need to remember, that the elders aren't always the bad guys, it's the Watchtower Society. Most elders are just like we were, they believe they're doing the right thing. Some elders are very troubled by JC meetings and the decisions of DFing. Yea, some are bastards and we all fantasize about putting them in their place, but is it worth our self-respect to stoop to their level just to prove a point?

OTOH...if done properly, secretly recording JC meetings can be beneficial. Such recordings can show what it's really like in a JC meeting and just how non-loving it really is. From these recordings, we can see that it's all about holding the company line and not allowing any dissent.

It's just been that in most of the recordings I've heard, they weren't done very well and if listened to by an impartial jury, they're going to wonder why the recording party felt the need to entrap the recordees, despite the inconsistencies of the elder body and their reluctance to debate.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree
    my free-will came at the swat of a hand or the belt.

Same here. Baptized at 11. I often struggle with whether or not I ever acted of my own will. When I did I researched it, bought Ray's books, and decided that it was garbage within weeks. I always questioned the teachings in my mind. I just needed to find the time to investigate further. I wonder if I ever would have joined up were it not for my parents and my Mom's fanatic devotion to it. They wouldn't ever want a lawsuit started by me. I'd take them to the cleaners.

tsof

• xjwms
    xjwms

Oh Gawd

I have been so far away from it all

My gut has a knot just hearing all that over and over

Blind Faith....................am I right?

• xjwms
    xjwms

BTW

Hello....welcome....and thank you for sharing.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree
    Most elders are just like we were, they believe they're doing the right thing. Some elders are very troubled by JC meetings and the decisions of DFing.

One good friend who is still an elder and works at Brooklyn told me that after his first df'ing he went outside and threw up. He still tries to exonerate people whenever possible. I have seen him spare many an individual.

tsof

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit