Judicial Committee Audio Recording

by Shaolu 113 Replies latest jw experiences

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Again just wanted to say that this was great and really enjoyed listening to the recording and reading along; keep it up!

G

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Tsof, I appreciate your comment though I think the comparison is lacking. As JW's we joined of our own free will. We agreed to the rules, of our own free will. Yes, we were duped into a belief system that was limiting, but ultimately we were responsible. Only the accepting of that responsibility can lead to true freedom. We were not children caught involuntarily in a system we had no choice in. (Granted, some were raised in and around it, myself included.) I listened to the proceedings and read along with the transcript and saw no evidence that these zealots did anything dishonest. Were they unloving? I'll tell you this, I've heard other tapes that were a great deal more unloving than that. They were straightforward and honest in their expressions. They whitewashed none of their beliefs and yes they hate apostates. Any good JW would. Did they hate him? No. I do not believe they do. No one likes to be lied to and he did that continually. Was this reverse theocratic war strategy, the same thing we all cry foul about? I certainly hate its use. You cant beat them by joining them in my book. Doesn't it interest you that at the end one of the elders responds to the statement, "thanks for the record" with, "I knew it"? Isn't it obvious that the individual who taped this was already viewed, because of some previous pattern of actions, as one who would be less than honest in his dealings? Why? Because he believed something else, new, and spoke about it, posted it and then denied it when asked about it. He played as if he were sincere in asking questions when he wasn't. Ok, so was this actually a setup to show on tape that the elders are unloving and unwilling to field sincere questions? If so, that failed and the tape plays false. HIs demeanor and words show he wasn't sincere, anyone here can see that and not because of any psychic ability, its in the tone of voice and choice of words. He was doing the same crap that we as JW's did when we went door to door.. asking leading questions in order to elicit answers worded the way we wanted to hear them. If the purpose was to piss them off, he was not as successful as he thinks. They were sounded shocked but never were they abusive or did they resort to name calling. In view of their indoctrination and his verbal jabs at the end, I think they did well in showing self control. I am sure that one who was sincere in asking questions would definitely not be so cocky about matters. No, I'm not talking about kissing their asses and cowtowing, I'm talking about not seeking a debate. He provided to them the answers he wanted to hear. No answer was good enough. Of course they wont be, they're all bunk. But to present this as an example of how SINCERE requests are approached by elders is not honest, in my opinion. Please provide me with examples of "the evidence" that was presented here that was gotten "out to those who are unable to get it themselves." Thank you for not confusing my stand here as pro-jw or anti expose'. I think that when a witch hunt is underway its important to stamp it out. But to stir up the beehive when you know damned well what will happen, take pictures and say, "Look at the evil bees" is not honest. I understand what you are saying tsof, I just think that some people like to stir the pot when all they had to do is be honest and walk away. With respect for the stand you have taken to shake off the oppressive yoke, and allowing me a difference of opinion, W.Once

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

My JC was a malicious kangaroo court which was not recorded so those who do record are heros.

My personal experience and feedback is that the JC elders are paranoid about any kind of recordings.

kangaroo court on audio audioclips from a questioning brother (not danny) disfellowshipped

BTW-i am quite the techy now and have my premises/property covered with redundant covert cameras and recording devices.The technology is here and is ready available,user friendly durable & affordable so why not?All the wicked abuse family has received over decades and could never 'prove it'.

• Sirona
    Sirona

W. Once -

You are delusional!

Those elders didn't CARE about Jonathan, they simply wanted to bait him so that they could proceed with the damage control (i.e. DFing him).

They only asked about the organisation, they didn't ask him did he have faith in Jehovah God or the bible. They said that if he didn't believe in the organisation then the discussion was over. Very Christian!

Assuming they knew his real views, they still didn't attempt to "readjust" him. It was a very good example of cultish control IMHO.

Sirona

• rebel8
    rebel8

Thanks op for that wonderful piece of entertainment. It was priceless!

So I'm saying the invitation to come to this holy place, to have our attention, to have an audience with us, to help you, is open to you.

Just wanted to point that out to those who say jws never consider their kh as holy.

The holiness of the kh is one of many examples of a doctrine where what is directly taught is opposite from what is indirectly taught.

The truth, caught on tape, once again.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Gutsy move. I congratulate you on making the recording. Although it sickens me to hear it.

After listening to the tape I will admit that you didn't sound very sincere to me. You sounded as if you were too prepared and too callous to be helped.

It is apparent to me while listening to the elders talk that they recognized this right away.

Welcome to the board. I hope I never have to make such a recording.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    They were sounded shocked but never were they abusive or did they resort to name calling. In view of their indoctrination and his verbal jabs at the end, I think they did well in showing self control.

WO - I normally respect your positions [or at least honor them], but you are off base here. They were telling this fellow's own brother to never speak to him or have any dealing with him again - while the guy stood there! Technically not name calling I suppose - but it sounded as if John was nearly in tears with the obvious lack of love shown. No verdict had been pronounced, no decision had been announced - and they refused to even help the other guy, they just told him to 'come back' - so we can do the same to you!!

This bullshit is precisely why my recording never appeared online - I refused to go into the lion den, and then have people tell me that those teeth and claws were not real. Those sob's were just licking their lips with anticipation of 'cleansing the flock' [interpreted to mean 'kicking your little apostate ass out of here'.] They did not have, and do not have as elders [any of them] any other interest than protecting a book publisher from the dangers of a man's questions that put them on the spot.

They went right down the list of 'loyalty questions' - and when he answered them by asking for Biblical proof, they just moved on to the next one - These guys would be like the guy that watched someone drown and claimed they didn't have 'training' needed to save him. It is not 'training' they lack - it is love! They never had any and they never will. Indeed they don't and never will - because they are jerks and liars and as Jesus said 'Not only do they refuse to enter the kingdom - they prevent those trying to enter from doing so."

These elders pointed out thier own failure with the first scripture they pointed to; Gal 6:1 and refusal to act in accord with it! Then, when the Holy Watchtower itself was quoted they ignored that too -

Did the having of a recording devise make this person wrong, while those who claim they hold the strings to our faith and life eternal are indignant with purpose due to indoctrinational mindset? I do not see how that can excuse the total failure to act as 'shepherds' in any way at all. These son's-o-bitches probably went out and had a nice drink and laugh about how this 'evil apostate' would soon be vulture-fodder, whilst they sat in earthly mansions as 'Princes'. I see no defense of such evil.

I stop now for I am getting completely pissed.

BTW - to the poster [whose screen name I forget in my momentary anger] ; Welcome and thanx for posting this. Well done.

Jeff

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Wasanelderonce: I appreciate your comment though I think the comparison is lacking. As JW's we joined of our own free will. We agreed to the rules, of our own free will.

You are sadly mistaken.

Many of us did not know many of the rules until years after we joined the demon cult. Then it was too late to say NO without being shunned by other family members we had recruited for the Watchtower Society.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Well I havent listened to the audio yet, is it very long? Approx how many minutes? I will say this, I bet alot of JW's especially the converts (not raised ins) dont fully understand the mindset of JW's when they join, nor do they see the potential for trouble down the road. I knew what it entailed by getting baptized, thats why I put it off altogether by the time I was 23. It may be said that this person wasnt sincere in his questions, but do you honestly think that the judicial committee would give sincere answers if they knew it was being recorded? Think about it, if there was a law on the books allowing members the right to tape record, do you think the elders would answer sincerely? Absolutely not, they would rehearse their answers very carefully, Im gonna listen to this later on, right now I need to get some sleep. Dave

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm sorry for what you're going through but I think the recording is a good thing.

Welcome to the board.

Josie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit