How Often Do You Come To JWD During A Day, Week or Month??? Hours or Mins?

by minimus 559 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

Not enought to know people well, not so little to not know some trends and topics that repeat. I would say, I come here in the evening most, when I want to unwind. In the winter more the summer, as I have nothing else to do sometimes and like to discuss and read.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

It really depends what else I'm doing. If I'm just killing time waiting for my boyfriend to come home so we can watch a movie I will more likely be on JWD than getting intos something that might be harder to break off in the middle. I used to make far more posts and far more topics. Now I primarily come to add my tired two cents in topics where I'm not all that useful anyway.

• FreeChick
    FreeChick

Well, I have newbieitis right now and am here all the time. The day after I found the board, I called in sick so I could sit here and read everyone's experiences. (ssshhhh don't tell the boss) It has been very healing to find others that share my background and hardships. Thank you everyone for sharing and your support.

Happy to be a...FreeChick

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    FreeChick wrote: The day after I found the board, I called in sick so I could sit here and read everyone's experiences. (ssshhhh don't tell the boss)

LOL - I remember that compulsion. I just could not leave. Three nights in a row I was up until 4 or 5 in the morning. I called in 'sick' one day, too. I really was sick. I had just learned that I had been part of cult that rode the wild beast. So many images from WTS literature was going through my head; it was just impossible to leave until my brain calmed down a little.

I was also just so enthralled with everyone's stories. And I actually *got* many of the jokes and play on 'theocratic' words. I really felt like I was with people who understood me maybe even better than I understood myself.

I still spend waaayyy too much time - but not near as much as I did those first 3 weeks or the first year. I even skipped a few days when I was on vacation and then one or two since I've been back.

-Aude.

• joe_black
    joe_black

I visit once or twice a week and have an average of about 10 posts per month. Not much compared to some, but hey its quality, not quantity, well thats what wifey tells me, lol.

• dozy
    dozy

I dip in 2 or 3 times a week , depending on how busy I am at work. I mainly to look for any breaking WTS news or any interesting discussions - especially on WTS history or scriptural / theological analysis. I don't tend to post much - as I don't have the intense hatred for the WTS that many have , this tends to flavour my posts and I get labeled (inaccurately) as an apologist , so it doesn't go down well!

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I pretty much have been on here at lest looking around once per day. Nowhere near 15 posts though, it's more like 3 or 4 for me.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Friends of the Inimitable JWD!

This subject comes up all the time and I just felt the need to tell you that my level of commitment [obsession] has not lowered, but has, in fact, risen since I posted here 21 November. A ministry to my fellows was always paramount in my life; however, literature placements were never my forte - more like my pianissimo. We all know how we one another feel about our new lives - in diverse stages of recovery - but I cannot but be joyful!

Do I need a spike driven through my head? Find a Jael and throw away the key.

CoCo

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

If I am in the office I have a window open constantly - the window speaks to me, draws me in and should I think of doing anything other than reading or posting I get a shooting sensation through the top of my head and behind my eyes. The withdrawals are a nightmare to cope with, I get paranoid when I am away from my desk and wish that I could take my laptop to the bathroom with me when I need the loo!

When I am away from the office, I frantically engineer ways in which I can get back to my office just to check JWD and check for PMs (not that I get many ~*hint*~ ). I hate being in court as I do not have internet access and sometimes when I am bored and a judge finds it necessary to ask me a question I sometimes involuntarily respond 'I am not an apostate, I am a free man'; the judiciary dont know what the feck I mean but hey, its all part of the psychosis of addiction.

I average about 5 post a day and rising - the counselling hasnt helped any, the withdrawals get worse and the voices get louder!

Gary

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

I check in at least once a Week. It's like Family.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit