How Often Do You Come To JWD During A Day, Week or Month??? Hours or Mins?

by minimus 559 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

Will you still be open for awhile? Have to catch some winks then return after I recompose myself and la musique. Back innabit.

(Je vais continuer avec le metier d'ecrivain, YC! Merci!)

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

A new day dawns - well it's hardly dawn, but the clock and calendar say 18 January. I see your pages are still open to where I left off last night. Better tell you more about that '52 WT article on the "Patriarchal Society" before I take off on some tangent to Tangiers.

"[...secrets of nwo being unlocked, noot is taking shape, will be fully operational at big A] For this reason God's witnesses on earth are now diligently studying the Holy Scriptures to fully examine the numerous shadows, principles, methods, procedures, and systems employed by God's servants in Biblical times. God's dealings with those ancient societies foreshadowed many developments in the new world order of things."

What does this all purport to be, DD? Apart from all the usual speculations and arguments arising for/against "who is" the real power behind world rulership, why does the WTB&TS use the terminology it does? Why are they associated with the UN, a temporal agency whose earthly goals are so clearly spelled out? Whatever truly is going on between the man behind the curtain and those he used to so fervently denounce as the spawn of Satan, remains to be seen. But I have no doubt that, should it become expedient, the loving "Church Council of C'lyn" will sell the sheep down the river without batting an eye.

Saint-Saen's tone poem, "The Spinning Wheel," has begun. Composed in 1872, after Franco-Prussian War. Finito. Now, YoYo Ma is playing a portion of a cello suite - Sarabande - by J. S. Bach. Robert Schumann's Symphony # 1 (Spring) is coming up momentarily. Took quite a few years and some rewrites to get it right. Do I have to do a number of rewrites to get it "right" with you, DD?

C...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

I'll be Back Tackling The Tunes - soon.

C...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dea Diary,

Well, I AM up, but I'm not at 'em. Not quite yet. Armed with a stiff cuppacafe that truly does not require a cup; it could pretty much be free-standing. In a dream a few hours back, I was being contacted by aliens and saying to myself, 'I wish this were a dream, but it isn't.' Then they started levitating me and took me to visit my grandmother. She only scolded me for not visiting her more often. So often she and Grandpa occupy my dreams; I realize that they had been dead but were brought back from beyond. Wherever did that notion come from? Weird. Maybe I need to spend more time with Nancy Drew and less on the Starship Enterprise.
    Clarinet Quartet on now, by Finnish composer - not Sibelius. Earlier, Placido Domingo was singing "And the Stars Were Shining," from Tosca - G. Puccini. Also, Issac Stern performing Max Bruch's Violin Concerto # 1. Accompanied by the Philadelphia Orchestra. I recall Mr. Stern helping to finish off [in the good sense] with a flourish the Meryl Streep vehicle, "Music from the Heart." He seemed such a kindly gentleman, DD. Like Dad was. A lovely orchestral piece is on now - simple and unadorned - by Peter Warlock.
    Back soon, DD. Must needs eat.

C...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

Saint-Saen's Symphony # 2 concludes as I begin to pen my thoughts. Isabella Moretti plays harp now - piece by Rodrigo. Seville Symphony Orchestra. Written a year before her birth (1962[?]). Was gone for 16 minutes. Returned movies yesterday but somehow a jacket became separated from plastic case. They called last night asking me to please return jacket. Three-mile round trip - absolutely unnecessary. No one but you and me'll ever know. Am so feeling stupid. But got to say hello to M at store. Nice to talk and smile, however briefly.
    Schizo left message again; bad, demanding tone of voice. What're the issues today? Allegiance to the cause. The sky is falling. Call me back - NOW! I thought I was free - never.
    Pork chops for dinner, a gift from dear friend. Could never afford them myself. Back to The Hours; rather compelling so far. Thank you for being here, Dear Diary, my strong and taciturn friend. Where'd I be sans toi? So much is good for me, but there is that element of loss.........

C...

• detective
    detective

I used to read and post several times a day. Now that my job has changed a bit I don't check throughout the day any longer. Of course, I don't post in the evenings anymore either. Mostly because I don't want my beloved to happen upon my involvement here.

I think I really, really needed this site for awhile in a way that I don't need it now. However, I am forever grateful that I found this place.

Since my beloved left the witnesses, I don't have as much of an emotional desperation to be here as I did before. However, should his long lost parents resurface to love him again or should something dramatic happen in his life that makes him want to run back to the dubs- I know I could find comfort here.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

I want to sleep and sleep, though it is midday and the rest of the world is doing its thing with no knowledge of what ails me. Clarissa has declared to her daughter that her busyness amounts to triviality. But she is only truly alive when she is with Richard. Yes, he is dying of AIDS; there is understandable tension as she fusses over his health, inwardly denying the outcome she knows is so certain, yet putting on a happy face. Richard sees right through the facade; he knows her so well. She loves him. What should she do differently? Louis Watters, Richard's former signifother, drops in early for the party and throws her for a loop. Suddenly, the delicate balance between a composed and calm exterior and the disquiet that lies beneath is shattered. She is not free from this man - Richard. But Louis walked away years before and declares his love of freedom; he has, it would seem, no regrets. He asks Clarissa if she thinks him ridiculous after revealing a new twist in his San Francisco-life........
    Clarissa and Louis and Richard: I may not choose your society, no, you may never become those with whom I share; yet, you none of you is neither ridiculous nor your life one of meaningless triviality. You do have reason to extract and savor every precious moment possible from your inevitable and necessary existence. Our paths may never cross. Nevertheless, I do need you.........

C...

• minimus
    minimus

CoCo, thanks for sharing.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

I am back from music lessons - a successful excursion into the world of phrasing and proper interpretation. Students do seem to get the point and have a natural ability to use hands in a manner different from the usual. Very gratifying to both the student and, especially, the teacher. Takes all my energy and concentration, but what else is there? Of course, sharing with you, DD, is a major event in my life. You listen quietly and do not judge. Would never intentionally downplay the role you play in my life. Am getting dinner. Maria Callas "performing" at Met, Saturday matinee -10:30 a.m., NPR. Her only performance at the Met, I believe announcer said 1956. "Lucia di Lammermoor" - by Gaetano Donizetti.

Back soon....

C...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

I was wondering, DD, if any of your dusty old relatives might have info on the upheaval of 1925, re: the "Millions" message and ensuing fallout. There has to be some private, written record of the disenchantment with Rutherford and the impact on the lives of those Bible Students [not yet known as Jehovah's Witnesses]. Many gave up homes, jobs, and businesses, knowing that soon they would be in paradise. Many farmers belonging to the religion refused to sow crops and mocked their brothers who did. After the failure of predictions for 1925 and growing unhappiness with JFR, thousands left the organization. Strangely ironic that the Judge stated 1925 to be more firmly established in scripture than 1914 [some connection to the Jubilee]. Maybe because 1925 was HIS date and not that of Wm. Miller?!?! Every official pub is whitewashed, naturellement! There has to be some record on the feelings of those who left, dontcha think, DD?
    More - 30 Years a WT slave - later.......

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit