Fluff - Men: What do you think about women ...

by serendipity 81 Replies latest social relationships

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

>flyinghighnow< ----I think what you're saying speaks more to personality type than to male-female interaction. There are men who need your approach in order to feel masculine (because it fits their personal makeup and beliefs about social norms) and there are men who are very positively responsive to a straightforward, proactive female. And a lot has to do with age, as you mentioned (not getting older, but coming of age during a certain time period when certain 'norms' are expected). Right now, a proactive female IS the expected norm; at least, I would think so.

And I personally have much better results when I simply initiate contact rather than sit back and wait. Often the man is just too shy or imagines you could never be interested in him, even when from the feminine standpoint, all systems are go.

• Little Drummer Boy
    Little Drummer Boy

Ok guys, time to weigh in.

What do you think about a woman asking a man out on a date, especially a first date?

Good idea? Bad idea? Why?

One 30 something guy in chat said "Excellent idea"

And I personally have much better results when I simply initiate contact rather than sit back and wait. Often the man is just too shy or imagines you could never be interested in him, even when from the feminine standpoint, all systems are go.

I haven't read any of the other posts, sorry, but I thought I'd give my 2 cents. First off, I'm married (and very happy about it), but if I wasn't, to answer the original question, I think it would be awesome if I was asked out. It would erase any doubt that the woman was interested, and would make me feel really great about myself. If it matters to the discussion, I'm 35. Before I met my wife, I was asked out several times on first dates, and it was always a huge rush. "WOW! That girl wants to go out with me...ME!" Always made me feel really special. As to the second quote I put in up there, I have a younger friend, about 25, and he is painfully shy. He has a lot to offer. He's very intelligent, kind, thoughful, and I suppose a girl would think he's kind of cute. We both work at the same place, but in different departments. Sometimes though, he has to come into our department to do his job. He avoids doing that like the plague if the younger, very attractive part-time receptionist is at the front desk. He just can't bring himself to even be in her presence because of shyness! He would probably have a coronary if she asked him out, but the point is, he is always saying things like how pretty girls wouldn't want to talk to him and so forth. I guess what I'm trying to say is that many guys would really enjoy the feeling that comes from a woman asking him out.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

I agree

it was always a huge rush. "WOW! That girl wants to go out with me...ME!" Always made me feel really special

wac

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

not a problem for me..

• freyd
    freyd

I'm at an awkward age. Too young to be old but too old to be flirting. Financially secure and want to stay that way. But yet keep getting encouragement from those young enough to be my grand daughter and don't want to be accused of doing anything inappropriate. And I don't know what to make of it.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Show me the rule where it has to be the man who does the asking?

abr

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Right now, a proactive female IS the expected norm; at least, I would think so.

I don't expect everyone to feel as I do. I would still rather make sure a guy knows I like him a lot in the getting-to-know-you-better kind of way and then have him initiate the asking. I think most people feel the same way. Young women today are very aggressive. I find assertiveness is more tasteful than aggression in either gender. I might invite a guy for a group outing or something similar. But for a romantic type of evening, I'd rather him ask me.

For the shy guys, I'd tell you, we women need for you to speak up. Most women prefer men who are confident and self assured. We need for men not to take themselves too seriously. Like it or not, we need you to have a strong backbone and be able to stand up straight and tall with your chin up. We don't need for you to be aggressive or obnoxious. We do need for you to speak with us and joke with us and to get to know us if you are interested. I'd rather you get to know a bit about me and feel comfortable with me and then see where it leads. I don't want for a guy just to see me and try to bowl me over with asking me out when I do not know him at all.

I guess if you're hooking up for a mainly physical fling, it doesn't really matter who asks or makes a move. If you both are interested in the same thing.

I don't think there should be hard and fast rules that are never broken for who asks whom out. I just know what I like. I like being asked. I might give you a hug or kiss on the cheek. I'm not going to cheat myself out of the rush of a man surprising me in acting first by putting an arm around my waist, pulling me to him and giving me a passionate kiss to show me how he feels. It just wouldn't be the same if I did this to him first. But relax, I'm a middle aged broad who has a man already. So don't ever feel uncomfortable around me. I just want to be a good friend.

• new boy
    new boy

Why not?

• lost_light06
    lost_light06

I WISH that would happen to me. I'm all for it. Since I'm just entering the "single" scene I'm too timid to ask women out.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Since I'm just entering the "single" scene I'm too timid to ask women out.

Get to know some women as friends on a non-romantic basis. Learn to feel comfortable around them and happy in your own skin. Eventually you should be feeling more confident. Like I said, most women would rather a guy be assertive than timid. Timidity is not a magnetic quality. Learn who you are. Be confident in who you are and respect women as people, not objects. You might find yourself a lot more attractive to them. Women like a man who makes them feel good about themselves. Women like a guy who makes them laugh and feel at ease. Women don't want empty flattery though. Be careful: a phony will be exposed eventually.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit