Fluff - Men: What do you think about women ...

by serendipity 81 Replies latest social relationships

• searching4truth
    searching4truth

a woman that is confident enough to accept the same risk that traditionally men are expected to take, damn thats hot. She would get a few extra points it my book from the start.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    There are men who need your approach in order to feel masculine (because it fits their personal makeup and beliefs about social norms) and there are men who are very positively responsive to a straightforward, proactive female. And a lot has to do with age, as you mentioned (not getting older, but coming of age during a certain time period when certain 'norms' are expected). Right now, a proactive female IS the expected norm; at least, I would think so

. The way you use "female" here sounds like a scientific experiment.

What if a woman lets you know she's interested in you by dolling up for you? What if she flirts with you? What if she makes it very clear she's interested in you? You guys aren't going to ask her out? If you're uncomfortable with asking her out on a just the two of you date, why not find out if she wants to go out with a group of people and then focus on her? If she isn't asking YOU out, then there are ways to get to know her better.

I remember in high school that a lot of us girls wished for guys to ask us out, only to find out years later, these guys who showed no interest at all, treated us like one of the boys, really liked us a lot. You have to let someone know you like them. You can't expect them to read your mind. Don't be lazy about it.

To me, the most fun kind of flirting is when you are having a conversation with someone you're charmed by and it's enjoyable for both of you. You're laughing and realizing you have things in common. You're making eye contact and it's obvious you are making a connection, not necessarily a sexual one, but even an intellectual connection that could lead to a more romantic one down the road. That kind of flirting can precede the more obvious kind. Some people think flirting has to mean making passes at people. I don't think it has to mean that.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    a woman that is confident enough to accept the same risk that traditionally men are expected to take, damn thats hot. She would get a few extra points it my book from the start.

cool... what if it was someone you weren't attracted to? not just "you", but any guy?

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    What if a woman lets you know she's interested in you by dolling up for you? What if she flirts with you? What if she makes it very clear she's interested in you? You guys aren't going to ask her out?

Sorry to pick on you FlyingHighNow, (first hooters and now here), but this has happened to me before but I keep worrying I'm messing up my signs. I'd hate to think she was coming on to me only to find out she had just gotten over a bad heat rash or something. Nope, flirting is fun and I like to do it, but if it stays at flirting, I probalby won't get the message.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Sorry to pick on you FlyingHighNow, (first hooters and now here), but this has happened to me before but I keep worrying I'm messing up my signs. I'd hate to think she was coming on to me only to find out she had just gotten over a bad heat rash or something. Nope, flirting is fun and I like to do it, but if it stays at flirting, I probalby won't get the message.

Naw, go ahead and pick on me, I can handle it. I'm a big girl. If I flirt with a guy, the second kind of flirting, he's going to understand what I mean. Maybe the women that are flirting with you just aren't talented at it.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    Naw, go ahead and pick on me, I can handle it. I'm a big girl. If I flirt with a guy, the second kind of flirting, he's going to understand what I mean. Maybe the women that are flirting with you just aren't talented at it.

That was nice of you not to state the other (obvious) possibility.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    That was nice of you not to state the other (obvious) possibility.

Well, looking at your picture in your avatar, no problem for you there. Now, do you have a good personality and a vibe? And do you genuinely like the feminine gender? I don't mean do you lust after them, but do you like women? I have found that the men that ladies like the best are the ones who really do like women. They think all the things that distinguish us as feminine are precious and adorable. You never hear them bitterly complaining about women being money hungry, shoppaholic, silly froo froo, dumber than men beings. I'm also telling you fellows, confidence, the right kind of charm and confidence in a guy will go far with the ladies.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    Well, looking at your picture in your avatar, no problem for you there. Now, do you have a good personality and a vibe? And do you genuinely like the feminine gender? I don't mean do you lust after them, but do you like women? I'm telling you fellows, confidence, the right kind of charm and confidence in a guy will go far with the ladies.

I feel like Bill Murrayin Groundhog Day. "I'm really close here..."

Actually I'm more like George Burns. I know how to attract them, but I'm not sure what to do with them once I get them.

I think the real problem is that I just loooooooove the ones I can't have. I'd love the ones I can have, but when they're interested in me, I keep wondering what's wrong with them. Oh well, one of these days I'll quit looking and run into her.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I told Andy when I met him, "You need to open a charm school for men." You think we need those? Charm schools for men? I bet women would love it if there were such schools.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    I told Andy when I met him, "You need to open a charm school for men." You think we need those? Charm schools for men? I bet women would love it if there were such schools.

Why don't you have him give us some lessons here? Who better to benefit from his knowledge then those of us emotionally stunted from an evil cult? I'm not too proud to admit I could use a little help.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit