Fluff - Men: What do you think about women ...

by serendipity 81 Replies latest social relationships

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    I asked my man out on the first date b/c I got tired of waiting on him. I'd say it worked out pretty damn good. We'll have been together for 2 years in December.

Splendid...worth the wait then wasnt it?

DB74

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

RE: Women asking out men -

My response - it depends. If the fella is only interested in a one-time-only night on the town... then sure.

I have been asked twice in the past - when I was single - and looking - and had a profile on one of those dating sites.

The gals who asked - were very nice... and I had a great time - but the first one who asked - just needed a 'date' for the evening. As she dropped me off for the evening, she handed me a 'thank you' card - and a 'thanks' - and drove off.

The second gal - I'm not sure about her... she wanted to get together, and we met for lunch... she was just not too comfortable about giving out details - like her name.

I would say that if a gal asks a guy... accept - but keep the spidey senses on the 'alert'.

Regards,

Jim TX

• daystar
    daystar

I think that it depends entirely upon your "audience". Find out if the guy is more traditional. If he is, just drop subtle hints and let him do the asking. If not, go for it!

Most of the women I've dated have been the ones to ask me out first. I like it. It says something about the person she is; that she has a level of confidence that I prefer in a woman; that she goes for what she wants, and that I'm what she wants, for whatever purpose. That's not to say I'll accept. And I have turned women down before.

However, I have known women who don't like asking guys out to drop hints to me. If I'm not interested, I just don't take the bait. It saves their self esteem having not been turned down outright.

So, there is a risk to a person's ego perhaps, in being the one to ask. If you can take the hit to your ego when turned down, why not?

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

I have no problem with a woman asking a man out. All this stuff about playing hard to get and going on the hunt suggests confidence in one's self, something I couldnt say I have in abundance.

The whole area of relationships seems a hard one to grasp - I've been married and had a few girlfriends but i still have no real social etiquette when it comes to this.

CS 101

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

I think it would be very cool

Dismembered

• serendipity
    serendipity

Surprising results so far.

Like a few of the others, I've asked a few guys out over the years, with good results. I haven't been rejected, but I could deal with that, in the unlikely event it would happen.

Do I have someone in mind? Yep - and that's all I have to say about that.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

How long will this continue? Probably permanently.

I just don't know if this is a good thing or unhealthy?

I've lost all perspective.

Terry, it's good that you don't view women as objects. We all appreciate men who realize we are people. You may just be at a stage of life where you are interested much more in quality friendships and relationships than the mating rituals of youth. I don't think you are unhealthy unless you are eaten up with bitterness or something.

I know that if I am interested in a man, he is not going to wonder about it. He'll know. He won't be missing signals.

I'm not against women asking men out. I just don't think it's what most guys prefer.

Frankie, men do play hard to get. I've seen it many times. No one ever did it with me, but I've seen it happen with others.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    I'm too dense to know when a woman is merely being friendly or has something more in mind. I am always friendly, outgoing and light-hearted with strangers in person and the response I get is usually the same. Somewhere in all that there may be signals--but--I'd never know it.

Wow, I bet we were separated at birth. This is exactly me. I have a date tomorrow with a girl from work. We've talked quite a bit and she has the prettiest smile I've ever seen, but I have no clue if she's interested or not. She said yes so that's a good sign, but she could just be lonely and biding time for Mr. Right to come along. I'd get the word dense tattooed on my forehead, but it appears that those of the female pursuasion can see it already.

Still she is cute and sweet and one can always use more friends too.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Well lets see. Asking a guy out? I think I suck at it. I tried once and I was like an over~ zealous puppy. Because that is how I am with everyone. So I think I scared the poo out of him. the other time I asked a man out..well ok, not out, but took the initiative, well I got my heart broke. That is it for me. I am never asking a man out again unless it is my usual friendly self asking a friend to do something.

I will stick with wait till they ask or die alone. Jeezzz. I have no clue how you men do it.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I will stick with wait till they ask or die alone. Jeezzz. I have no clue how you men do it.

Men and women are different. I think of the dynamics between men and women as similar to the checks and balances in the US government. Both are equal, just in different capacities. Power is balanced out in a natural and delightful way. When you think about it, we are lucky that there is a natural series of events we loosely follow in getting to know the opposite sex and evolving into dating and possibly into a steady couple. I like the differences between men and women. I like the way we complement each other.

What must be truly confusing is to be gay. Who falls into what role? Who asks whom out then?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit