How do you feel about Tatoos?

by Fisherman 213 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gregor
    Gregor

A co-worker was very proud of the tat he had gotten while on vacation. It was on his calf, a wolf or coyote sitting on its haunches and howling at a crescent moon. I soon as he pulled up his trouser leg to show it to a few of us I saw it as a depiction of a dog squatting over a fresh hot turd (the turd was actually supposed to be a shadow). The moon was too far above the wolf. I said "why did you want a tattoo of a dog taking dump?" A couple of others agreed that it was their first impression also. He was not happy with our reaction and was cool for a few days.

• Terry
    Terry

In all honesty, no it doesn't. I, however, only put things on my body that I want there forever.

Sorry if I can confidently say that I'm happy with myself.

Not precisely.

If you were happy with your actual self there would be no need to add an indelible ink drawing to your skin.

I think what you are trying to say is that NOW you are finally happy with the improved self.

• Terry
    Terry

I can't imagine wearing the same shirt everyday.

I can't imagine wearing the same scarf or tie everyday and never changing it.

The variety possible in cosmetic enhancements enables us to indulge our sense of freedom in making choices as the mood strikes us and the occasion changes.

A tatoo is like a shirt you can't take off or a tie you never change. It is always the same old same old thing.

When you are in your 80's think how hideous your crinkled old splotched skin will look with those embellishments in indelible ink.

Being tied down to an opinion I had once years and years ago would be a hideous punishment to me. Just think of how crappy fashion was in the 70's with that wild hair and bellbottom pants! What if you could never change your clothes and you were stuck in a bygone era with a lame fashion?

How is a tatoo any less of a tired encumbrance?

I'm all for removable tatoos which can be fun for an evening out. Then, when the event has passed, you wash it off and think up a new way of expressing your self.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Thanks Terry. Sensible, logical, reasonable. Well said. I feel the same way

• restrangled
    restrangled

Terry said:

When you are in your 80's think how hideous your crinkled old splotched skin will look with those embellishments in indelible ink.

I find this hilareous. My brother has a tatoo covering his entire back of a beautiful girl in a bikini receiving sexual favors from a lizard coming out of the ocean. First of all the content is obnoxious, but when I picture that bikini clad girl all sagging and crinkley...probably with some hair to boot, thats gonna look like one mighty gross picture!

r.

• R6Laser
    R6Laser

I don't think I would be worrying much about how my tattoos look when in my 80's. If anything that would be the last thing on my mind.

• Terry
    Terry
    I don't think I would be worrying much about how my tattoos look when in my 80's. If anything that would be the last thing on my mind.

I use to work as a custom picture framer in an art gallery.

I'll never forget a poster a good old boy brought in to be framed.

It was a gnarly old cowpoke with wrinkles deeper than a ditch, baggy eyes and a saggy paunch bulging over his gunbelt.

The caption read; "If I'd have known I was gonna live this long I'd have taken better care of myself."

I think about that sentiment whenever I'm about to do anything permanent.

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

Are we still on this!?!?!?!

• Terry
    Terry
    Are we still on this!?!?!?!

The subject is kind of like a tatoo, isn't it? It just stays there and never changes. Never goes away. Always the same. It lingers. Yep, still there. Just like yesterday. Just like tomorrow. Like hearing a very funny joke told for the hundredth time. You can't force a laugh after awhile. Please...no...NO..NOOOO...not that joke again!!!!

• Frank75
    Frank75

I haven't the time to go through 10 pages to see if this point was made already.

To those of you who dislike Tattoo's, have you really thought this through?

How is skin art any less of a valid personal expression than earrings, nail polish, hair dye, and make-up? All of which cause harm in some way, if only to the beholder.

Likewise, to the Godly persons here quibbling over someones right to such expression; what of the facial and body disfigurement thrust on a few by "Intelligent Design", God or nature?

Things such as Port Wine stain, birthmarks, Acne pockmarks and a host of skin disfiguring conditions that seem to be part of the package we humans have to live with?

Are you equally offended by those things too?

Frank75

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit