How do you feel about Tatoos?

by Fisherman 213 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

I'd not think painting a flower would make it lovelier or more of an artistic achievement. Why, then, a person?

There are so many things that can make us an individual, but; a hackneyed drawing isn't one of them. To my eyes, a tatoo is a cry for individuation gone awry.

If everybody is doing it how can it be something that sets YOU apart?

NOT doing it would set you apart.

I don't judge people for the choices they make. I do react to their choices privately. It almost always is sadness and not disdain or contempt.

"Look, I'm different; I'm special" could just as easily be spoken and would just as easily be seen as a pathetic neediness.

I grew up in a world where third world nations produced tribes that tatooed; where sailors and prison inmates tatooed out of sheer boredom and disdain and perhaps self-loathing. So, I guess you could say my reactions are primed by these things.

A bone through the nose, Ubangi lip discs and tatoos are all just dandy if you like them. I see it differently. I see it as something bizarre.

And yes, I know it's ME they wish to shock. It is the expression of horror on my face they long for. I represent everything they are fighting against and wish to marginalize. Why? Because I consider my own self different because I simply am the person I am without artifice or compliance with the pressure of a social norm.

Go ahead and hate me. Villify my backwardness. Feel sorry for me. We mirror each other in this way.

Life is about choices. Tatoos reflect very peculiar neuroses.

I don't expect anybody to agree with me. But, the question was asked "How do you FEEL about Tatoos?" and this is my honest response.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Terry, thank you for your candor.

I would like to make a response, not to negate your statement, or prove you wrong, but to explain people on my side of the issue.

It is the expression of horror on my face they long for.

While some may get particular tattoos simply for the reaction they merit, all of my tattoos are hidden. With a shirt on, no one would know I'm tattooed. So, do I long for an expression of horror on your face? I think not.

If everybody is doing it how can it be something that sets YOU apart?

Not everyone aims for individualism, what about those of us who just want to be ourselves, and furthermore happy?

Life is about choices.

ok, my life, my choices.

Tatoos reflect very peculiar neuroses.

Generalizations reflect narrow minded thoughts.

Once again Terry, nothing personal, just sharing my side.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Terry, I agree with you. I also feel the same way as you do. Although, I also react privately, I honestly admit that I judge people with Tatoos and I think that you must also even though you don't admit it or mabe you are not aware of it. This is what I mean when I say that I judge people with tatoos: I cannot suppress thinking or concluding, or judging that such persons lack sense in getting tatoos.

Richie whats done is done and thank God that you are healthy and alive. I would rather have a live son with tatoos than an ill one or a dead one, but tatoos sadden me very much.

Richie you are very young. When my father counseled me or challenged my thinking, he had this saying: "The devil is much wiser because he is old and has been around for a long time than from being the devil."

You cannot enjoy life without your body

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

You cannot live without your body, but life is more enjoyable with freedom.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

You mean that life is more enjoyable to you at prrsent with Tatoos? How in the world can scribbling and painting all over ones body permanebtly bring to anyone is a mystery to me.Tatoo prevention is not freedom deprivation or deprivation of. the enjoyment of life. Tatoos craze is only a passing fad of thetwos, otherwise expressed the year 2000 and all those twos in this century, that too!

• Terry
    Terry

Generalizations reflect narrow minded thoughts.

Once again Terry, nothing personal, just sharing my side.

Fair enough.

If I change my mind; it is invisible and painless.

But, changing a tatoo? That is another matter.

Food for thought.

• Terry
    Terry
    life is more enjoyable with freedom.

One of the best aspects of freedom is the freedom to change. A tatoo doesn't allow that, does it?

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    One of the best aspects of freedom is the freedom to change. A tatoo doesn't allow that, does it?

In all honesty, no it doesn't. I, however, only put things on my body that I want there forever.

Sorry if I can confidently say that I'm happy with myself.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses
    In all honesty, no it doesn't. I, however, only put things on my body that I want there forever.

Lets hope this is still true 10-20 years from now. I know quit a few people who got tatoos in their early 20's who now wish they never had.

Don't get me wrong. I don't care one way or another if anyone gets a tatoo. Live and let live is how I live my life. I just hope that years from now you have no regrets over the ones you have.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

I do not want Richie to feel bad now or to feel regret. I want him to be happy with his choice. I think that people with tatoos are victims. Now that one is tattoed I think that the person should move forward and enjoy his tatoos but to stop there with tatoos.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit