Strange picture In J W publication

by BluesBrother 101 Replies latest watchtower bible

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

In the new system:..Elephants will have seat belts on thier head,so kids don`t fall off..You can pet lions and all the lions will have beach balls(Must be new light)..And there will be baskets of fruit everywhere..The fruit baskets will have blueberrys..In the new System you can talk to blueberrys anytime you want,not just when your drunk..Anybody who isn`t white has to live in a grass hut..Have I missed anything,about this wonderfull place called the New System?...OUTLAW

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Sadly I think the artists were serious. An accurate depiction of a return to the agrarian lifestyle would look like a hippiefest. No coloured clothing, no fine weave, a mud hut every 2 acres....

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

This is what I learned in this thread...

In the New System all the brown skinned people will make beach balls and live in grass huts for all eternity. Oh and OUTLAW will continue to play with lions and talk to blueberries on his Penguin Farm with the field of twolips.

• mama bear
    mama bear

BluesBrothers asks: -- Would any "Bible Study" be able to put faith in the reality of a coming New World when it is 'sent up' like this? --

Issues with the pictoral representation aside, it is the 'allure' of living in a world seemingly free of the everyday cares of the world that continues to snag the unwary, or at least those who live in a world where this sort of thing would be appealing. I am thinking, how does this really appeal to the divergent lifestyles and beliefs of people around the world? Even in Indonesia where elephants are used as beasts of burden and people live close by the water, their belief system does not lend itself to this message. And the WTS idea that their literature is produced to appeal to the 'honest hearted' the 'ones worthy' of their message is the subtle answer to the question that while they try and have folks on in their pictures from nations, tribes and tongues what is lost in the translation is that in many of those natons, tribes and tongues 'paradise' is a very different place.

I would imagine soon enough it will be strictly those who live in the carefully created and controlled world of the WTBTS that will longingly look upon these pictures as representative of their idea of paradise. The dynamics in the world just do not support this!

Listening to an interview with folks who live in Iran on the news today they are so caught up in their own lives they do not even have a clue what is going on politically because of governmental censureship. Same with North Korea and many other countries. The general populace would never be able to see these kinds of pictures and if they did how would it be appealing..for instance in some areas of Africa where the elephant is considered a threat to their very existence? I don't mean to sound negative...but what may be a neat scene for me the 'whole wild animals at peace with mankind and beautiful pristeen scenery as the backdrop' may be comedic if not outright insulting to others.

Alas...the brainwashing just would not be complete if the collective imagery experienced by all Witnesses worldwide were not the same scene!

• mama bear
    mama bear

-- In the new system:..Elephants will have seat belts on thier head,so kids don`t fall off..You can pet lions and all the lions will have beach balls(Must be new light)..And there will be baskets of fruit everywhere..The fruit baskets will have blueberrys..In the new System you can talk to blueberrys anytime you want,not just when your drunk..Anybody who isn`t white has to live in a grass hut..Have I missed anything,about this wonderfull place called the New System?...OUTLAW --

Yup! You forgot the whole "Li'l House on the Prairie" hanging clothes on the clothes line. pick axe and hoe tending the gardens producing those fresh veggies and fruits, the New World Laura Ingalls all dressed in their layers of 'feminine garb' with mindless grins on their faces. The sitting around in rattan furniture [Greatest Man] with bearded men who look suspiciously like the Greatest Man elsewhere in the book feeding dates to little girls with grinning faces while the background looks like an imaginary set from Fantasy Island. If it were any other religion I'd say the grinning man feeding little girls would be innocuous enough but considering who we are talking about....I dunno...

Again, while the pictures hold a lot of power in the mind of the JW, it is how they are trying to leverage these pictures at the doors of unsuspecting folk that is the real horror. These people take the bait [the pretty photo] gobble the hook [free home Bible Study] and then when they are all over and done with -- baptised and full member of the congregation -- the pretty picture fades and what is left is the horror film which has become their life in this 'spiritual paradise'! If they manage to escape they are marred and such beauty as the bait presented winds up becoming emotional and psychological triggers! They then remember pictures of people fleeing burning bombed out looking towns where they had lived -- death strewn all about. Of having dreams of not surviving armageddon because they could only do the national average in 'field service' time and someone said that wasn't the same as 'whole souled' devotion!

But the spin masters in the PR department are a talented bunch indeed .. they keep pumping this stuff out and getting it out there in the hands of folks and still they see gullible folk step on over into their world! Less and less to be sure...I am thinking that perhaps there should be some "memorial' to former Witnesses site somewhere that we can all go to and manifest our own annual 'service reports' to see which countries are seeing annual peak exodus numbers! How many 'detox' ministries exist where ones who have been out for awhile nurtures those who are leaving, Sort of a reverse free home study. How many are disassociating or are being disfellowshipped. How many are 'partaking' of their various freedoms. How many attend the various functions held all over like the ExJW conventions? Do 'life stories' of those who share their experience in and their release from the Org. Ya know, our own sort of Year Book with statistics..

• Clam
    Clam

This is another strange one. The picture quality isn't that good but it depicts a more western paradise with a strong duck theme. However the artist, possibly reluctantly, has placed a lion to the right of the horse. I'm assuming that the hamper contains crispy duck.

paradise20on20earth203.jpg

• FreeChick
    FreeChick

Looking at that picture makes me now. I can't believe I fell for it all. Beach balls....

FreeChick

PS - Someone asked about having children in the New World. I remember my mom saying that we should be ready to raise children that are resurrected without their parents. Also, families who lost children would be reunited.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I am surprised those ducks are hungry after eating all the people Jehovah killed.

• jgnat
    jgnat

These are the two pictures that keep my husband going. The graveyard scene, I think, speaks for itself.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Okay, we've figured out who makes the beach balls in the New System, who makes the bushel baskets?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit