Strange picture In J W publication

by BluesBrother 101 Replies latest watchtower bible

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

More disturbing to me than the plastic parts is the fact that everyone seems to be wearing LEATHER sandals.

Anyone else have a problem with Jehovah's Happy People killing animals and using their skin to make shoes?

Hell even present-day Buddhists avoid dead things. I'd say that belief is less false than what the WT proposes.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

People who think they will live in the homes today without water and electricity, trying to cook in the wood fireplaces and heat 20 rooms. Who will cut the wood?

The Jehovah's Witnesses that taught me thought that I was crazy when I said I'd find a nice cave to live in. I wasn't seeing the picture right. I guess? I couldn't understand Armaggedon with houses still standing. I thought that Jehovah was going to do something really destructive like when he rained down fire or flooded the earth. I thought that the Witnesses would have stopped preaching and would be in some sort of protective "Ark" or something while the rest of the earth was getting destroyed.

• blondie
    blondie

MA, the JW will just tell you that they were sandals made before the big A and haven't worn out just like with the Israelites in the wilderness.

• bebu
    bebu

The lion with the beachball is bizarre. A lion that is so un-lionlike is hardly a prize. (That lion/beachball picture is priceless, however! )

bebu

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

There still hasn't been a response to my noticing the word 'honesthearted' in the text that surrounds the 'fairy picture'.

Google 'honesthearted'.

I doubt that it is a word... similar to 'irregardless'... that seems prevalent in JW circles.

Oh well...

Regards,

Jim TX

• uriah
    uriah

Dang! Does this all mean there isn't going to be a paradise like in the books? I was looking forward to those lazy hazy days of perpetual summer just-a-sitting and watching lions an'all and eating gargantuan baskets of fruit that were brought to me by endless smiling visitors to my way-out-of-the-way wooden house with the spectacular views and lakes and mountains and no sassy neighbours for ooh, at least 3 miles and not having any work to do 'sept peeling bananas and the like. Dang!

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    There still hasn't been a response to my noticing the word 'honesthearted' in the text that surrounds the 'fairy picture'.

Heck, there still hasn't been a response to my suggestion to wear a sombrero to the next public talk!

So, good call, Jim TX - you're right. 'Honesthearted' has the coveted JW copyright, a dub-word that's kind of like a secret handshake: "Glad to meet you. Are you 'honesthearted'? (wink, wink) If so, where's your elephant parked?"

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

It has always KILLED ME when I saw the depictions of children running out of GRAVES....and FULLY CLOTHED right down to the frilly socks, patten leather shoes and BRAIDS!!! Damn....did Lasarus look that good after HE was ressurected after being dead only FOUR DAYS??

What the HELL are they thinking selling this LIE?

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

A typically appalling WT picture!

Apart from the usual bad art and inconsistent idea of "paradise" what I found interesting about this and other recent WT paradise pictures was the ball - not because it raises questions of who made it, but because ten years or so ago, children in the "new world" didn't get any toys to play with. They stroked lions and they picked fruit, but that was all. More recently footballs, beachballs, drawing pads and dolls have all turned up in these illustrations. It seems - by the clunky, incongrous way they are added - that this is a deliberate move, presumably designed to make paradise look more fun (or at least as much fun as a congregation picnic). I'd still rather stab myself in the eyeballs with a rusty spike than spend one minute in their saccharine garden.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

WT art picture tells a thousand words Danny Haszard born 3rd generation Jehovah's Witness 1957 first image below is from my first Watchtower theocratic 'coloring book' and my nightmares.

This pic above (not from the WT) is nearly identical to a Black and White 2' X 4' "visual aid" that my elder dad used in public talks all over during the mid 1960's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit