Strange picture In J W publication

by BluesBrother 101 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

So, Jehovah will destroy the bad TIGERS who do not change?

• jgnat
    jgnat
    Look, I love the well behaved, obedient blond-german wife.....you people are creating the same kind of woman. We have many similarities. He said that with an smile.

That, coming from a neo-Nazi, has to be one of the creepiest statements I've ever heard.

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

I think this is what the beach will look like after the destruction of 6 billion people.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Another inconsistency - This picture of New World bliss shows a family with 4 small children. We were taught that eventually all child bearing will stop and paradise will be adults only. This raises many questions. Humans will be equipped with a bunch of useless spare parts, testicles, wombs, breasts, etc. At the same time they will be observing the rest of creation, animal and vegetable, mating and reproducing. And the libido? Will Jay Hoover just 'zap' it?

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

There have been many great comments on this thread! It makes me both angry and embarrassed that I was one who FELL for one of these "pictures" and the spiel that accompanied it under the guise of that "free, home bible study" that I agreed to accept. (sigh)

The "study conductor" had bought it, the ladies that came with her each week...had all bought it, all those thousands of folks at my first "big" assembly bought into it, and subsequently, I bought into the fantasy as well. After ALL----it WAS "from the bible".........wasn't it?

Looking at these pictures with cynical eyes was not allowed and were proof of not having the right "heart condition".....and I certainly did NOT wish to be seen as THAT!!! It was right up there with not being "honesthearted" as has been pointed out. I wanted to "follow the requirements" as set down BY GOD.....to be spared from oncoming destruction----the END THAT I WAS TOLD WAS COMING SOON----back in 1970.

I wish I could turn the clock back to BEFORE I ever let these people into my home and into my life.

Annie

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Yes, and never do you see the animals poop.

Rub a Dub

• Anitar
    Anitar

RedPill: Just wanted to welcome you to the board. Thank you for the story. Even with everything I know about the watchtower, that was still the creepiest thing I ever read. Sometimes the most disturbing stories come from the rank and file, like that neo nazi. I wish my mom had heard something like that and had a reaction like yours, but something tells me she wouldn't have noticed his implications...

• Santisimo
    Santisimo

Here's my question. Doesn't Jesus or the WTS say that there will be no MARRIAGE in paradise? Isn't it so that death ends marriage? So what if you died before Armageddon and your family is still alive? Who's gonna be walking along the beach in this scenario?

What if everyone in the family died? Is everyone going to be together at the beach as a family or what?

If I remember correctly, there isn't going to be any baby-making in paradise because it's supposed to take 1000 years to get things back into order (collapsed buildings take forever to clean up you know).

Are there any trolls here who can clarify this?

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Visualizers of Paradise,

Please check out the link to which jgnat kindly referred me:

YOU CAN LIVE FOREVER IN PARADISE

The Visual Rhetoric Of Jehovah's Witness Iconography

http://www.unc.edu/~elliott/icon.html

Beautifully presented and well-referenced, this article puts absolute top spin on what you've already seen and read. There is so much written on WT art, even in foreign languages. Even "borrowings" from WORLDLY artists! But, alas, another time....

Iconographically yours,

CoCo

• DoubleYouBee
    DoubleYouBee

Some of your posts are hilarious - ROFL! And some are very disturbing...

POEruke - no, no - that's not a tiger at all - look at it again very closely - notice the coloring on the paws, underbelly, and how the tail's all puffed-out - I just about spit coffee when I realized it - remember that joke "Why Jehovah's Witnesses Should Not Own Cats" - HaHaHaHa! I've got an orange tom cat just like that, and 6 others. Oh, man - never noticed some of those things - but imo the beach ball, left over from Armageddon, is only a prop for Leo's photo-op.

Dear Danny - I'm sorry from the bottom of my heart for what happened to you - and too TOO many JW children. Sometimes your overwhelming pain just makes me cry... It was and is mind control - the evidence is damning. It's the only way parents could let anything override the naturally strong God-given instinct to love and protect their children above all else.

But sincerely - it's not going to be anything at all like that - I just know it - we can't imagine with these incomplete brains of ours. This artwork portrays literally what the Bible says symbolically - it's not supposed to be understoood literally, but discerned spiritually, and that's where WT interpretations miss the mark widely. Their lack of the holy spirit's direction is glaringly, painfully clear. Some of the comments from 'the friends' are even further off and I can hardly believe the arrogance... I used to wonder, way back when, why so many talks and articles about loving and forgiving the brothers and sisters for their imperfections. In the recesses of my controlled mind was a niggle of doubt that the ONE true religion should ever have a problem with this ONE true sign of what it claimed to be.... and about fornication and keeping clean - this was supposed to be the only ONE clean house of worship on earth... when I learned about Silent Lambs and UN, that niggle turned into a full-on siren. Now I realize that it's an attitude that's taught and it boils down to hatred. The KKK uses the Bible to justify their brand of hate too. You can use anything for good or for evil.

I won't attribute them with 'inventing' a word when they only misspelled it - it's 2 separate words that someone typoed, but they liked it, duh. I'll bet I made up some newwords in this very post...

Annie - I hear ya - I was the model student and wanted to be found 'worthy' of Jehovah's Winesses, even though I never thought I'd ever become worthy of their god. That's why I must believe it's all a devilishly refined and frighteningly cozen (lol) method of mind control - the pictures and words they choose, the method of study, the monotany of the meeting arrangments, the robotic responses, isolation from non-jws, the 'jw speak', the threat and fear of disassociation... Seems to me 'the real life' in 'paradise' is the dangling carrot substituting for heaven and Armageddon is just a replacement for hell in the theologies that teach God hates. They're all backwards.

imho.

"They are extermists. Too literal and too symbolic all at once." - perfect, Jez.

WB

ps - I used to think cotton, linen, silk and hemp would be the only fabric materials in paradise... hemp is the perfect plant, you know... wonder why there was never an Awake! article on that. Google 'hempcar' - hemp seed is the perfect fuel... the fools...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit