What products have you bought that exceed your expectations?

by skeeter1 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Well?

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

brute deodoran. keeps the funk away really well.

• Ajax
    Ajax

Hi Skeeter-

Virtiually everything made now is made in China and it is all CRAP - all of it. Good brand names that our fathers turned us onto are now produced in China, and they are now CRAP too. Brand name means nothing anymore. GM cars are full of bearings made in China and they are CRAP - afriend of mine bought a new 2009 Equinox and by late 2011 he was replacing (very expensive) wheel bearing assemblies for the THIRD time.

Having said that, I have had 3 items that gave remarkable service under exceptionally hard conditions-

-an automatic washing machine made by Simplicity US/Canadian, served our family of 7 for 18 years without a breakdown, sent to the dump still working

- an electric cordless t-fal 1.7litre kettle (made in Italy), boiled thousands of gallons of hot water over it's 21 year lifespan. The heating element and electronics were made in Europe by a corporation mamed STRIX- look for that name in water heating appliances (others are junk)

- Red Wing boots made in USA are wonderful durable boots, properly made to be resoled when the time comes. Nothing else goes on my old hooves.

We have now sold out quality to such an extent we have now, probably the very first generation that will have absolutely no idea of what a quality manufactured item looks or feels like. Nothing made today will ever be passed down nor maintain it's intrinsic value - its all junk.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I am very happy with my Kindle Fire. When my first gave out after two years of constant use, I was happy to buy another, at $119 each I don't expect them to last forever.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

My iPhone. It changed my life.

• James Brown
    James Brown

I bought 2 Sears and Roebuck rubber lawn hoses in 1981 and I am still using them every day in Florida.

They came with a life time warranty.

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

A powerall Its easy to keep in the car to charge any and all devices and despite how small it is and my concern that it wouldn't actually work, when my battery was dead coming out of work at 3 am it successfully jumped my car. When my nieces and nephews are all playing minecraft together on their iPod touches they can sit together and keep their devices charged rather than being tied to separate wall sockets it's a very handy device for us

http://www.thepowerall.com

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

I bought my iPad the very first day they came out....still using it and loving it.

• talesin
    talesin

My Blundstones, and the Motorola T720.

This little gem lasted almost 5 years, and was dropped countless times. One day, the hinge just fell apart in my hand. No wonder Motorola went out of business - they didn't make good use of the concept of 'planned obsolescence'.

;p

edit: I hate that the company name becomes a link? I did not do that.

• Terry
    Terry

I bought my first pocket knife. Such a simple thing, really.

But suddenly I realized what a vast number of little chores are made so much easier every single day!

How did I get through a week without one all these years?

Now I'm in love with this thing--it is so useful. It is also quite beautiful, too. It is a 'Gentleman's knife" which

won a design award. I got a real bargain at $15. The retail price is $79.99!

Sharp as a razor blade, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL32Vny9ouE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit