Great news. The WTS did not commit spiritual prostitution with UN.

by thirdwitness 597 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Fullofdoubtnow, I'm good with that picture. Watchtower looks like a pimp.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I agree with jayhawk1, he looks like a pimp. 'Cept, someone needs to give him a pimp hat with leopard print hatband and nice ostrich plume, a diamond encrusted gold cup, and a pimp cane.

Oh, and the beast has to become a stretch beast, for any self-respectin' pimp to ride around on it; and why he only gots one 'ho?

AuldSoul

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    Watchtower looks like a pimp.

Well, I said it was an appropriate picture.....I doubt t - wit would agree though!

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Auldsoul, I see your point. Attending a UN conference does not make them a member. However, I was once punished by my dad for being in my grandmother's house during a birthday party for one of my cousins. Was I participating? No, but I was in the house. One could argue, guilty by association.

Another way to look at it. Let's say 4 people are in a car and plan on robbing a bank. Two people go and hold up the bank. On person sets in the car ready to drive it. The forth person just sets in the back seat. Perhaps this person doesn't even like the idea of robbing a bank. Perhaps this person even objected to the idea of robbing a bank. However, this person is part of the group and by extention guilty of robbing a bank.

Watchtower went to a UN sanctioned event. They are UN sympathizers at heart. They appear to desire that status. And if anything, JWs teach not to let on the appearance of being a part of the world.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

In the picture, the Watchtower needs a fedora and all the other things listed by Auldsoul.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    jayhawk1: Watchtower went to a UN sanctioned event. They are UN sympathizers at heart. They appear to desire that status. And if anything, JWs teach not to let on the appearance of being a part of the world.

Spot on! THAT is the hypocrisy I saw in this, too. It has nothing to do with them being an NGO, anymore than my committing adultery would be because I am caucasian. They would have to become a governmental organization to get rid of that label, just as I would have to become another race to get rid of the label "caucasian".

It has everything to do with the kinds of association they are keeping. (1 Corinthians 15:33) This verse apparently ONLY applies to individuals, in the hypocritical minds of the Governing Body and other JW elites. In my mind, those who JUDGE are even more accountable to the very same measures by which they judge, and they are "inexcusable" when they try to apply a different standard to themselves. (Romans 2:1, 2)

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    It has everything to do with the kinds of association they are keeping. (1 Corinthians 15:33) This verse apparently ONLY applies to individuals, in the hypocritical minds of the Governing Body and other JW elites. In my mind, those who JUDGE are even more accountable to the very same measures by which they judge, and they are "inexcusable" when they try to apply a different standard to themselves.

That's exactly right AuldSoul. If an individual jw joined a political party, he would be out of the org before his feet touched the ground. Yet they associate with a political organisation, and we are expected to accept that they did nothing wrong.

To be honest, the UN association wasn't the reason I left the jws, but I do see it as rank hypocrisy by the wts, whatever arguments that apologists like t - wit and his cronies put forward to the contrary.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Forget joining a political party, JWs aren't supposed to join the YMCA because of the word "Christian Association" in the title. Now joining a health club is completely harmless compared to joining world politics if one is to stay out of the world.

Didn't Jesus say that his followers are no part of this world? We all know what JWs teach when it comes to being no part of this world. So why can't they follow their own teachings?

This is something Thirdwitness and other appologists simply can't answer without spinning it with, "Well, we all use the postal service and other government services, don't we?" It is pathetic really.

• Kaput
    Kaput
    What they acquired from the UN/DPI was an Associate membership, they did not register with the UN/DPI.

AuldSoul ---

This is what my letter from the WBTS says regarding their library access: "But in 1991, a different person controlling admission refused entry of our researcher to a section of the department where information was dispensed to the media and to which he previously had access. Another employee told him that full access could be gained by registering with the DPI. Although we do not dispute the UN's current statement that registering as an NGO with the DPI was not required to gain general admission, what actually happened, nevertheless, would understandably need to be taken into consideration."

And further on in the letter: "Of course, as we have explained to others who have inquired about this matter, the criteria for association with the DPI contains some language that we cannot subscribe to, and when we realized this, we immediately withdrew our registration in 2001."

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Ozzie,I`ve been wondering the same thing myself..Kinda like Yirdarf.Knew about JW`s,but had absolutly no understanding of our life as JW`s...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit