Great news. The WTS did not commit spiritual prostitution with UN.

by thirdwitness 597 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• zagor
    zagor
    Ozziepost, I am not ohappyday. Check his past ip addresses and note how often it changed. I PMed him but he has not responded to my PM.

We were all taken for a ride here. It happened before that someone like impersonating a wondering JW but never to such an extent. 3D Witness give me a break. Can't believe I thought it was all for real. [Edited]
  • AlanF
    AlanF

I don't really know what you're talking about, Fisherman, but I surmise that you've been taken in by the ridiculous rantings of thirdwitness. But this little tempest in a teapot is far from over.

If you really have something to say, then say it outright. Just as I always do.

AlanF

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Brass Rat..???..What exactly do you mean fisherman?...OUTLAW

• cabasilas
    cabasilas
    More lies, your IP address is unique, so both posts, yours and Ohhappydays, were made from the same computer.

It's not that simple.

From Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ip_address

An IP address can appear to be shared by multiple client devices either because they are part of a shared hosting web server environment or because a proxy server (e.g. an ISP or anonymizer service) acts as an intermediary agent on behalf of its customers, in which case the real originating IP addresses might be hidden from the server receiving a request. The analogy to telephone systems would be the use of predial numbers (proxy) and extensions (shared).

• zagor
    zagor
    More lies, your IP address is unique, so both posts, yours and Ohhappydays, were made from the same computer.

It's not that simple.

From Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ip_address

An IP address can appear to be shared by multiple client devices either because they are part of a shared hosting web server environment or because a proxy server (e.g. an ISP or anonymizer service) acts as an intermediary agent on behalf of its customers, in which case the real originating IP addresses might be hidden from the server receiving a request. The analogy to telephone systems would be the use of predial numbers (proxy) and extensions (shared).

Cabasilas,

For that to happen people either, need to be in the same household, or the same company (not likely that they would have that much free time on their hands considering how much 3d witness posts) The only other possibility is if they both came from, well, something like say, WTBS bethel, which is intriguing possibility but my life has taught me hard way to apply Occam's razor principle in such strange situations . Which brings me back to my original conclusion, unless someone can present concrete proof that would point otherwise.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day zagor:

Cold today, isn't it?

Are you saying that 3W isn't a dub? It's not something I'd disagree with.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    (4) Did the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc. become part of the the UN/DPI?
    NO The WTS was not incorporated into the UN. Oleg agreed.

Paul Hoeffel disagreed with your answer. As I stated, you asked Oleg questions that he answered correctly and you assumed incorrect facts from his answers.

I did not ask whether the WTS became part of the UN. Did I, thirdwitness? Are your reading comprehension skills really that poorly developed? I asked whether they became part of the UN/DPI.

How can you argue, on the one hand, that the UN/DPI is not the UN (which the letter I received from the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses made perfectly clear) and, on the other hand, argue that since they didn't become part of the UN they didn't become part of the UN/DPI? Either the UN and UN/DPI are the same or you did not answer my question, you answered one you prefer to answer YET AGAIN.

Since you didn't ask Oleg my question, Oleg didn't address my question in his reply, he addressed an entirely different question. Using Oleg's statement as an authority is therefore moot. Now, you still need to answer this question. In another place you said that the WTS did join the UN/DPI. If they joined the UN/DPI they became part of the UN/DPI because (here's a shocker for you) THAT IS WHAT THE WORD "JOIN" MEANS.

The governments are not approved by God for anything, according to Jehovah's Witnesses. They are allowed to exist, they are not given authority, they are permitted to usurp the authority of the Kingdom of God until God decides they can no longer do so. Given that I have just accurately stated the doctrine of Jehovah's Witnesses regarding earthly governments (and I can back it up with LOTS of references), and given that you botched their doctrine thoroughly in your explanation, would you like to try again?

JWs are subject to the AUTHORITY of earthly governments where that authority does not disagree with the authority of God. JWs are not doctrinally permitted to form voluntary relationships with the governments of earth, they are only permitted to form relationships that are REQUIRED BY LAW, and not even always then. Again, I have many references to back that up. There is nothing in JW dogma that allows for voluntary attachments to governmental bodies on the part of JWs.

Get your head out of your hind end and LOOK at what you are trying to argue in favor of. If your tune doesn't change, shortly I will return and show the upshot of your argument for the average JW. You are saying they are free to do all sorts of things, but they would be disassociated if they followed your advice.

AuldSoul

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    thirdwitness: I have known many brothers and even Bethelites who have toured the UN.
    If it is a no no for JWs to do this please show us this in the WT publications.

I have known many who have toured the Basilica di San Pietro in Vaticano. Or the Sistine Chapel in the Apostolic Palace. Paul toured the temples of the Greco-Roman Pantheon in Athens.

But voluntarily joining these, or even subsidiary supporters of these, would be off limits. Right?

AuldSoul

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    ?Jehovah?s Witnesses view the United Nations organization as they do other governmental bodies of the world. They acknowledge that the United Nations continues to exist by God?s permission. In harmony with the Bible, Jehovah?s Witnesses render due respect to all governments and obey them as long as such obedience does not require that they sin against God.?Acts 5:29.?

thirdwitness,

You highlighted certain things from this snippet of an article, but the article raises a question relative to the extent to which a Christians involvement with a government would extend.

Firstly, God permitting the existence of a government does not mean He has given it authority. He has allowed the government to usurp authority, according to JW doctrine. You really need to get that straight in your head, if you are going to continue the pretense that you are a mouthpiece for JW dogma.

Here is the question it raised: Does obedience to governments include voluntarily joining governmental organizations, or does obedience mean only cooperating with governments in ways that are specifically ordered by the governments, so long as God's law is not broken?

You see, I believe that obedience does not include the former, and ONLY includes the latter. I believe you know that already, but are striving very hard to ignore that fact of JW dogma. The WTS was at no time ordered by the UN/DPI or any of its representatives to apply for Association with the UN/DPI. They were simply advised that such application was a prerequisite for certain privileges. This was not an instance of obedience to a superior authority, and painting it as such even by inference is dishonest and deceptive.

There was no deception found in Jesus mouth. That was implicitly part of the model he left for us to follow.

1 Peter 2:21-22
    In fact, to this [course] YOU were called, because even Christ suffered for YOU, leaving YOU a model for YOU to follow his steps closely. He committed no sin, nor was deception found in his mouth.

Deception is found in your mouth and in the mouths of those who teach you, thirdwitness. They are leading you to follow something other than the example Christ left for you. A student cannot be greater than the teacher. In my opinion, you should learn from someone more honorable. They are turning you into one fit for destruction.

AuldSoul

• Mary
    Mary
    The Watchtower Society, the legal corporation used by Jehovah's Witnesses, immediately withdrew the DPI NGO membership. They explained that the requirements for being a DPI NGO had changed since they first signed up in 1992, and they then thanked The Guardian for bringing the matter to their attention.

What a load of shit......Thirdwitness, the top guns at Brooklyn Bethel make it their business to follow the UN's doings like Inspector Clueso and have for years, yet they feign ignorance that the DPI NGO required members to support the UN? You must think everyone on this board is as gullible as you apparently are. The only reason they withdrew their membership is because it publically exposed the WTS and their never-ending hypocrisy.

And why, pray tell, would the WTS even need a library card for the UN in the first place? What information did their libraries have that the New York City Library (which, by the way, is the largest research library with a circulating system in the world) didn't have?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit