Great news. The WTS did not commit spiritual prostitution with UN.

by thirdwitness 597 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Excellent point, Robdar!

• heathen
    heathen

Good point robdar. I'm also learning they still have membership under different aliases . Like they diversified just to keep the "apostates" off their case .We know that the entire internal structure for the tower has changed as well so that the publishing corporation cannot be held accountable for what the society does in secrecy . The society cannot be held accountable for the publishing corporation telling people to let their children die or be df'd and such things (over the blood dogma). I don't remember the exact break down that took place tho . I sure would like to see them come out with the official statement instead of a bunch of cronies saying stuff that they once again cannot be held accountable for .

• jgnat
    jgnat

I am convinced the WTBTS registered as an NGO in order to better represent their interests (freedom of speech, freedom of religion) in some of the more oppresive parts of the world.

• parakeet
    parakeet

***Great news. The WTS did not commit spiritual prostitution with UN.***

That IS great news! So that must mean the WTS only committed "fornication" with the UN? You know, they did the deed, but the WTS didn't charge anything for it. That only merits reproof, not disfellowshipping. I'm so relieved!

• jgnat
    jgnat
    I'm also learning they still have membership under different aliases .

I am not so sure, heathen. I couldn't find any version of "Jehovah" or "Watchtower" or "Watch" on the NGO database.

http://www.un.org/esa/coordination/ngo/

(By the way, in Canada, Watchtower was changed to Watch Tower for the charitable organization name. I found it a little tricky to find them on the Canadian charitable list.)

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tax/charities/online_listings/canreg_interim-e.html

• free2beme
    free2beme

Whoever believes this, needs to look into what a spin-doctor is. They will find insight into why, and how these explanations seem to work when in reality they do not.

• DannyHaszard
  • zeroday
    zeroday

Watchtower December 1, 1976 p.711

Will all such friendliness with the world be of real benefit to any religious system? No, the Bible declares that "Babylon the Great," the harlotrous religious empire, will experience a great shock.

Revelation 17:16 says: "The ten horns that you saw, and the wild beast, these will hate the harlot and will make her devastated and naked, and will eat up her fleshy parts and will completely burn her with fire."

So there is real danger in becoming involved with the "scarlet-colored wild beast." Never will it bring real peace and security. But it will unleash destructive fury against the religious systems who have looked to it as man’s "chief temporal hope for world peace."

This should not come as a surprise. Even now many members of the United Nations openly state that they are anti-God. In turning against religion, the "scarlet-colored wild beast" and its "ten horns" will, therefore, not be acting out of any love for the Most High. Its going against religion will be an expression of an anti-God attitude. So even if it does bring about a semblance of peace and security, it will merit destruction for setting itself up in total opposition to Jehovah God.
    For that reason those who join in any U.N. cry of "Peace and security!" face disaster, even if they are not in sympathy with "Babylon the Great."

Watchtower October 15, 1963 p.629

This Resolution stressed that Jehovah’s witnesses recognize that the one true God is Jehovah, that the Bible is his written Word, that Jehovah God is the Sovereign of the Universe,

that men and nations have set up the United Nations rather than surrender to the sovereignty of God’s Messianic Kingdom, and that though nations have given idolatrous worship to that political image, this Jehovah’s witnesses refuse to do. The Resolution showed that radical governments have been formed, but that "We, as witnesses of God, the Source of life, will maintain our Christian steadfastness and have no part in such radical movements , but will hold fast to our Christian neutrality toward all radical and other types of human government over earth."

• heathen
    heathen

I think they joined in an attempt to protect properties that were being destroyed . They don't care about free speach AFA they are concerned they are the only ones that are entitled to it and everybody else is subject to their reproof . There can be no good reason for what they did since they said themselves that the scarlet beast is satanic and does not serve any purpose but to oppose their kingdom message and pose as an imposter for the coming messianic kingdom that will bring peace and security .

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

tijkmo-

MONEY MONEY MONEY!!

the WTBTS joined cos they thought they would get some of the lolly the other religions feasting at the dung laden table of Satan were getting.

How many of the Borg are now only in because of not wanting to lose their family, or out of fear of shunning and villification, or just lack of knowledge ?

Under the Communist bloc the walls were up - not to keep capitalists out, but the prisoners IN.

The dust farting old reptiles in Crooklyn Brothel know, that as long as they can keep a minimum number in they will die in financial security. Like Hitler in his last days, when he died, in the Berlin Bunker - WHO CARES what happens to the followers who believed him?

When the Tower finally falls, will we find suicides and murders like in the Bunker at Berlin?

How many Dub parents have let their babies die like Eva Braun did in the name of an ultimately nihilistic ideal?

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit