Great news. The WTS did not commit spiritual prostitution with UN.

by thirdwitness 597 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

We must not forget the biggest point in all of this.
    Did the WTS break its own rules? Commit fornication? Sleep with the beast?
    I'm going to take this to a differant level. Let us say that the Watchtower made a decision based upon conscience that they could justify being in association with the UN for some of the benifits. Let us believe that the Library card explanation is valid, where does it leave us?
    It leaves us with the facts that the Watchtower entered a grey zone in their doctrine when personal conscience and choice let them act. They where willing to put some of their more radical teachings about the UN aside for the benifits they would gain as membership, and felt there was a way they could do it that was justifiable. And if their conscience let them do that, then fine.BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT...
    WHY DO THEY CONTINUE TO DENY THEIR FOLLOWERS THE FREEDOM TO EXERCISE THEIR OWN CONSCIENCE AS THEY SEEM TO DO ALL OF THE TIME?
    No matter how many times I hear arguments for the Society, I cannot understand this. Things allways get to the point where a JW will have to admit 'I'm doing this because the Society told me to' and to do otherwise is to go against God.
    Anytime an individual does something the WTS dosn't like, even out of his own conscience the rules and regulations of the Watchtower will call that person everything to Godless, apostate, stubborn, self righteousness, wicked, evil, faithless , and every other derogotory name they can think of.
    It's a doubble standard. If the WTS is able to make the choice to associate itself with an organization, however little that assciation may be, despite it's current understanding of that organization in prophecy then they should at least have the courage to let their own followers believe what their conscience is telling them!

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

Then whats wrong with using the pool at the YMCA, or the rec room at the local church?

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    The Watchtower Society does not teach that the UN is the unclean thing at all and never has.

Can you say Orwellian boys and girls?

• toreador
    toreador

We went and visited Bethel in the mid nineties and I remember a very devout family that said they would not set foot in the UN because that she (the mother) believed Satan's presence could be felt there as he was so active in its existence.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    thirdwitness: The Watchtower Society does not teach that the UN is the unclean thing at all and never has.

I just caught this. I hate to break it to you, thirdwitness, but you need to apologize for that one. That is NOT true. Flatly false, and may, in fact, explain why you think they did nothing wrong.

Mark 13:14 "However, when YOU catch sight of the disgusting thing that causes desolation standing where it ought not (let the reader use discernment), then let those in Judea begin fleeing to the mountains."
    2 Corinthians 6:17
    "'Therefore get out from among them, and separate yourselves,' says Jehovah, 'and quit touching the unclean thing.'"
    (KJV) Revelation 17:4
    And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication.
    bdelugma noun accusative neuter singular
    [Fri] bdelugma, atos, to, (1) gener. as what is extremely hated or abhorred abomination, detestable thing (LU 16.15); (2) as anything connected w. idolatry abomination (RV 17.4); (3) as what is connected w. the worship of the Antichrist to. the abomination of desolation, the detestable thing that causes desecration of God's sanctuary (MT 24.15).
    akathartou adj pron gen neut sing
    [Fri] akathartos, on unclean; (1) in relig. observance, of what is ritually not acceptable defiled, unclean (AC 10.14); esp. used of everything related to idolatry (2C 6.17); (2) morally, of vices indecent, filthy (RV 17.4); (3) of demons pneu/ma avka,qarton evil spirit, spirit which causes one to be unclean (MT 10.1); subst. what is unclean transl. according to context.

You see, unlike any other government the UN actually is called the "disgusting" thing that causes desolation by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. While they do not teach that it is currently standing where it ought not, they do teach that it is currently the disgusting thing.

Watchtower May 1, 1999 p. 16 par. 13 “Let the Reader Use Discernment”
    So “the disgusting thing that causes desolation,” which has existed since 1919, apparently is yet to stand in a holy place.

You were specifically wrong. I will be watching to see if you are unlikely to admit specific error as your Gods and teachers, the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. They taught WORD FOR WORD what you said they have never taught. They taught this in 1999, WHILE a subordinate member of an organization that was, itself, directly subordinate to the disgusting thing that causes desolation. According to their own doctrine, they touched the unclean thing.

AuldSoul

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Thirdwitness,

The Sept, 8, 1991 (pages 8-10) Watchtower makes an interesting observation. Are you ready to take note? "Critics who deny the failure of the United Nations to prevent these woes, though, may be forgetting an important fact. The strength of an organization DEPENDS on the power its Charter gives it and on the COMMITMENT of its constituents to carry out their obligations under said Charter. First of all, the United Nations Charter DOES NOT SET UP THE UNITED NATIONS AS A WORLD GOVERNMENT WITH SUPREME POWER OVER ALL THE NATIONS. Article 2(7) decrees: "Nothing contained in the present Charter shall authorize the United Nations to intervene in matters which are essentially within the domestic jurisdiction of any state."

Does the United Nations consider itself a world government? No it doesn't; it was never intended to be a world government. See the answer given to the question: "Is the United Nations A World Government?" at

http://www.unis.unvienna.org/unis/en/faq/index.html#top

So, according to this (and unless there has been new light due to involvement in DPI), neither the Watchtower Society nor the U.N. agree with you that the U.N. is a quasi government that we are subject to.

• toreador
    toreador

Gee Golly Thirdwitness, shot out of the saddle again it seems.

I am really starting to feel sorry for you.

Tor

P.S. When are you going to address my questions I put to you. Ah never mind. You have your hands full enough as it is.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1
    Gee Golly Thirdwitness, shot out of the saddle again it seems.

I am really starting to feel sorry for you.

Tor

P.S. When are you going to address my questions I put to you. Ah never mind. You have your hands full enough as it is.

I wonder what it is like to be completely wrong all the time. I just can't imagine what that must feel like.

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

Let's start a list of people who have the same mentality as the WT. Here's how it goes:
    1. Whoever wants to use the library of Satan sign here.
    2. Whoever wants to be an NGO type A, B or X of the disgusting thing of Revelation sign here.
    3. Whoever thinks it's cool take a stroll in the evening with the seven headed wild beast sign here.
    4. Whoever wants to give oral pleasure to the Beast of Revelation while taking it in the ass from Beelzebub sign here.
    5. Whoever wants watch the Kings of the earth jack off in a cup, then take the cup and spill it on the Great Harlot's...
    You get the picture...

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1
    3. Whoever thinks it's cool take a stroll in the evening with the seven headed wild beast sign here.

I wonder if that would be anything like bull riding...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit