Great news. The WTS did not commit spiritual prostitution with UN.

by thirdwitness 597 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• thirdwitness
    thirdwitness

And by the way if you want to split hairs then you contradict yourself. You say that the DPI is part of the UN. Then you say the WTS joined the DPI which is part of the UN but then you admit that being an associate of the UN/DPI does not mean you became part of the UN. But if the DPI is part of the UN and if the WTS joined the DPI then they became part of the UN and yet the UN says that NGOs do not become part of the UN. So is the UN lying when it says that NGOs are not incorporated into the UN.

So the point is that being an NGO with the UN/DPI does not mean that the WTS became incorporated into the UN//DPI, they were merely an associate of the DPI in accord with the WTS own aims and purposes.

• thirdwitness
    thirdwitness

I will give another example of association with the UN that would not be wrong. The UN court system. If the WTS needed to fill out an application to become associated with that branch of the UN in order to have a hearing to plead for relief for brothers in persecuted lands would this be wrong?

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

thirdwitnoid, your realy losing it now.

:And by the way if you want to split hairs then you contradict yourself. You say that the DPI is part of the UN. Then you say the WTS joined the DPI which is part of the UN but then you admit that being an associate of the UN/DPI does not mean you became part of the UN. But if the DPI is part of the UN and if the WTS joined the DPI then they became part of the UN and yet the UN says that NGOs do not become part of the UN. So is the UN lying when it says that NGOs are not incorporated into the UN.

Let me use some BIG words to help you understand.

The DPI is a department under the Secretariat in the United Nations. The Watchtower Society established a FORMAL and VOLUNTARY ASSOCIATION with the United Nations through the department of information. If you refute this then your purpose here is understood.

For the UPTEETH time, ONLY NATIONS JOIN the United Nations. You have said the Watchtower FORMALLY ASSOCIATED with the United Nations.

They DID NOT NEED to do this. It was a VOLUTARY decision. And they were very aware of their responsibilities to REMAIN ASSOCIATED as shown by the Watchtower Society submitting in the late 90's evidence of their United Nations dissemination work TO the a United Nations department. However, this is debating(sic) how deep they ASSOCIATED with the image of the beast. The fact that they, for no important reason, VOLUTARALY, and FORMALLY ASSOCIATED with the United Nations was wrong.

steve

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

thirdwitless: I will give another example of association with the UN that would not be wrong. The UN court system. If the WTS needed to fill out an application to become associated with that branch of the UN in order to have a hearing to plead for relief for brothers in persecuted lands would this be wrong?

Do they?

steve

• badboy
    badboy

THE DPI IS A DEPARTMENT OF THE UN..

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy
    I will give another example of association with the UN that would not be wrong. The UN court system. If the WTS needed to fill out an application to become associated with that branch of the UN in order to have a hearing to plead for relief for brothers in persecuted lands would this be wrong?

Why would they do that? Would that be showing that they are putting their trust in "a scarlet colored wild beast" instead of the god they claim they put their trust in?

The UN and any part of it is to suppose to be an enemy of God to them so why would they "touch the unclean thing" in any way, shape, form or fashion thirdwitness?

• Death to the Pixies
    Death to the Pixies
    Why would they do that? Would that be showing that they are putting their trust in "a scarlet colored wild beast" instead of the god they claim they put their trust in?

The UN and any part of it is to suppose to be an enemy of God to them so why would they "touch the unclean thing" in any way, shape, form or fashion thirdwitness?

The same reson why we have fought many battles in the Supreme Court and have pleaded with officials in the past. Biblically, buddying up with "enemies" for the sake of the brotherhood is a good thing. But of course you have an errant and "strict" view on the WTs understanding of authority, we believe they stand in their relative positions of authority by God.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Death,

Biblically, buddying up with "enemies" for the sake of the brotherhood is a good thing.

lol... 'Make friends for yourselves with the unrighteous riches', so you can read their bloody books, but for the sake of shunning do not put money into their collection plates.

I am sure this is what Jesus really meant by those words! You and your ilk are trapped in a dichotomous conundrum that smacks of hypocrisy. I have always been of the belief that this UN issue is a storm in a teacup and I still am. What it does prove however is that the WTS, out of sight of the 'brotherhood', is willing to compromise its Christian ethics without much wrestling with their 'collective' conscience.

Funny word 'collective'. I once wrote to a GB member about the 'conscience'. He responded by informing me that while he has a 'personal' conscience, his decisions are guided by a 'collective' conscience. I presume that is why lying can be lived with, one can always hide behind the 'collective'.

If you search some of my posts you will find a post from a few years ago in which I make known that the WTS indeed does join in helping the UN with relief supplies in Africa, which is a wonderful thing, on the understanding that the goods they send have no logos on them, which is not so wonderful when you realize why they make this request.

You guys should look beneath the surface of the pond to the realities beneath.

HS

• thirdwitness
    thirdwitness

Why would they do that? Would that be showing that they are putting their trust in "a scarlet colored wild beast" instead of the god they claim they put their trust in? I have a quote for you. See if you can figure it out without any commentary from me. READY: "I appeal to Caesar."

Littlerockguy also said: The UN and any part of it is to suppose to be an enemy of God to them so why would they "touch the unclean thing" in any way, shape, form or fashion thirdwitness?

The Watchtower Society does not teach that the UN is the unclean thing at all and never has. This is a deliberate lie by apostates to make the Society look like a hypocrite, but they're hoping you will not check the facts yourself. A quick search in the Watchtower's archives turns up countless results showing the “unclean thing” to be applied to pagan religions. Here are two fairly typical quotes:

In her desire to win pagan hearts, the church therefore did not adhere to the truth. She justified the practice of syncretism, the absorption of heathen beliefs and practices “dear to the masses.” The result was a hybrid, apostate church, far removed from the teachings of true Christianity. In this light, perhaps it is not so surprising that a former Roman temple to “all gods”—the Pantheon—should become a Roman Catholic church dedicated to Mary and all the “saints.”

It ought to be obvious, however, that changing the dedication of a temple or the name of a celebration is not sufficient to transform the ‘worship of devils into the service of the true God.’ “What agreement does God’s temple have with idols?” asked the apostle Paul. “‘Get out from among them, and separate yourselves,’ says Jehovah, ‘and quit touching the unclean thing’; ‘and I will take you in.’ ‘And I shall be a father to you, and you will be sons and daughters to me,’ says Jehovah the Almighty.”—2 Corinthians 6:16-18.

—March 15th 1999 Watchtower

Christians realize that the Bible draws a sharp distinction between true worship and false. They know that God does not approve of religious organizations that do not adhere strictly to the teachings of his Word. Therefore, they do not share in any way in the services of such organizations. Rather, they heed the Scriptural counsel: “Do not become unevenly yoked with unbelievers. For what sharing do righteousness and lawlessness have? ... Or what portion does a faithful person have with an unbeliever? ... ‘Therefore get out from among them, and separate yourselves,’ says Jehovah, ‘and quit touching the unclean thing.”’—2 Cor. 6:14-17.

—15th January 1965 Watchtower

• thirdwitness
    thirdwitness

THE DPI IS A DEPARTMENT OF THE UN.. Yes, and the US Postal Service is a department of the United States of America. I suggest that you quit associating with this horn of the 2 horned beast by mailing letters using this beast condemned to destruction in Revelation. And did you know that the court system is a branch of the U.S. government. I suggest that you let yourself always be wronged rather than ever taking anyone to court for this would mean you are associating with the beast. As for lawyers, I suggest you do not associate with the beast by being used by them in the judicial system to carry out their will. Certainly you cannot take the bar exam and be recognized as one who can practice law in association with the 2 horned beast. And teachers, you associate with the beast by allowing yourself to come under their authority as educators in the governmental school system. Your association with the beast must stop or you will be a spiritual adulterer. There is certainly no laws that say you have to be a teacher, lawyer, defend yourself in court, or use the U.S. postal service. So do not touch the unclean beast.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit