Great news. The WTS did not commit spiritual prostitution with UN.

by thirdwitness 597 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

This is a joke! Once again, thanks for making my mind up about the org. -S-T-U-B-B-O-R-N

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Third,

The Watchtower Society does not teach that the UN is the unclean thing at all and never has. This is a deliberate lie by apostates to make the Society look like a hypocrite, but they're hoping you will not check the facts yourself.

Yes, let us keep this accurate for the sake of all onlookers. They call it 'the disgusting thing that causes desolation'.

HS

• badboy
    badboy

3W, WHAT YOU ARE SAYING IS THAT WHEN JW LAWYERS WENT TO COURT IN THE PAST,THEY WERE ASSOCIATING WITH THE BEAST!

AM I RIGHT?

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Hilary,

The Watchtower Society should never have touched the U.N., not even with a 10 foot pole. They want it to disgust the rank and file, but, I guess, it wasn't disgusting enough for them.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

thirdwitnoid,

Come on now, say it:

"It was OK for the watchtower to associate with the united nations through the DPI to borrow books."

steve

• cabasilas
    cabasilas
    When the WT became associated with the DPI, despite what the UN may later say, the WTS did not agree to 'support' the UN.

"...may later say..."

There's NO evidence that the rules changed. Will you deal with page 7 of the 1994 brochure and the 1992 press releases on your site? And also the webpages from Internet Archive which shows what was posted on the UN/DPI site in 1995. Your presentation on your site says "apostates" are being deceptive by quoting the 2005 criteria. Looks to me you're not providing key information on your site which shows that the requirements did not change.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas
    The Watchtower Society does not teach that the UN is the unclean thing at all and never has. This is a deliberate lie by apostates to make the Society look like a hypocrite, but they're hoping you will not check the facts yourself.

I think he meant "disgusting thing." Does the Society refer to the UN as "the disgusting thing"?

• thirdwitness
    thirdwitness

Some are trying to say that the UN is not a superior authority that we should be in subjection to it seems. If you lived in Lebanon where UN troops are being sent in and they made a rule that anyone coming out of their house after midnight will be shot would you submit to them as a superior authority then? I'll bet you would.

Here is another thing. You are condemning the WT because you may not view them as a government that we should be in subjection to. That is not the view of JWs. So how can you condemn JWs for having double standards in this regard since we do view the UN as a superior authority and I believe rightfully so. If you want to argue whether the UN is a superior authority that we should be in subjection to is a different subject all together. Those wanting to condemn the WTS and say that they violated their standards by submitting to an authority that they don't view as a superior authority in line with Romans 13 is what you must argue. And clearly you will lose that argument because the WTS has stated that the UN and its officials are to be viewed as the superior governmental authorities just like all other governments.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas
    Association with the DPI did not cause the WTS to lose their political neutrality.

Then, why when this matter was exposed did the Society say they felt they could not subscribe to the requirements and therefore ask for disassociation?

• cabasilas
    cabasilas
    the UN clearly states that NGOs support the UN in accord with its own aims and purposes.

First off, this quote from the UN was not spoken of in connection with the DPI. Secondly, Mr Hoeffel and the DPI website clearly show otherwise. Perhaps you should contact him and ask him if your interpretation that NGOs can reject key parts of the UN Charter is correct. Perhaps it's time for the KKK to join up?

And BTW, it would be a good time for you to apologize to him for the false statements your site makes about him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit