Great news. The WTS did not commit spiritual prostitution with UN.

by thirdwitness 597 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

This in an interesting discussion: how do you distinguish between "submitting oneself to the UN as a superior authority in line with Romans 13" and having "the mark of the beast" on your hand?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

18 Flippin' pages of nonsense from this nut-crack.

Re: Great news. The WTS did not commit spiritual prostitution with UN.

I've got news for ya' lad - "A whore by any other name......"

If I had a YMCA membership key-chain, they don't ask me if I just used the gym, or worship the YMCA god, do they.? Huh? What is all this dancing around the 'superior authority' doctrine have to do with whether they jumped ethical ships in the middle of the night?

Jeff

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    thirdwitness: So the point is that being an NGO with the UN/DPI does not mean that the WTS became incorporated into the UN//DPI, they were merely an associate of the DPI in accord with the WTS own aims and purposes.

Bullshit. The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc. has never denied becoming part of the UN/DPI. They have only denied becoming part of the UN. Because, they DID become part of the UN/DPI, they will not deny it. But they will certainly sidestep that fine point of legality all day long. THEY are splitting the hair, not me.

An associate is incorporated into the UN/DPI, you are much mistaken, thirdwitness. You show your ignorance of the way membership works. While I recognize the same principles do not technically apply to the YMCA, you will note that according to the article on YMCA memberships, it is MEMBERSHIP which makes someone a part of the YMCA, and at least a nominal supporter of that organization.

Membership, association, and partnership are concepts used interchangably all throughout the UN/DPI Web sites. These concepts are synonymous in meaning. Registration is not used on the UN/DPI Web sites with regard to the act of applying to become an associate. Registering is not synonymous with these other terms. Becoming part of the organization is implicit in the very concept of membership, association, and partnership.

The WTS partnered with, associated with, became a member of, and joined the UN/DPI. They did not do so out of subjection to the will of a superior authority, they were under no instructions to do so, they did so willingly of their own volition. Voluntarily. Without question, they chose to join a secular organization, the UN/DPI. They did not do so due to subjection to the UN/DPI or to any other governmental authority.

All that is left is to identify their view of the UN/DPI and assess the nature of the other organization who were publicly listed as members of the UN/DPI.

So, answer my questions and this will get cleared right up for you.

AuldSoul

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    thirdwitness: Some are trying to say that the UN is not a superior authority that we should be in subjection to it seems.

No, some are trying to imply that subjection to the superior authorities INCLUDES voluntarily becoming members of governmental organizations.

It does not. You have still not answered the six questions I briefly asked in post I have repeatedly linked for you. You said you would answer them but you have not done so (except for #4).

Your abstinence is making a liar of you.

AuldSoul

• toreador
    toreador

Thirdwitness:

Christians realize that the Bible draws a sharp distinction between true worship and false. They know that God does not approve of religious organizations that do not adhere strictly to the teachings of his Word. Therefore, they do not share in any way in the services of such organizations. Rather, they heed the Scriptural counsel: “Do not become unevenly yoked with unbelievers. For what sharing do righteousness and lawlessness have? ... Or what portion does a faithful person have with an unbeliever? ... ‘Therefore get out from among them, and separate yourselves,’ says Jehovah, ‘and quit touching the unclean thing.”’—2 Cor. 6:14-17.

Is the 1874, 1914,1925, heaven closing in 1931, shunning those who disagree with their far fetched interpretations, and "not going above and beyond what is written" (which is a clear teaching of the bible), adhering strictly to the teachings of the bible?

By your own definition and the bible, the WTS fails as to being approved of by the very God you "claim" to worship.

Tor

• skeptic2
    skeptic2

Apologies for not reading all 18 pages... but can someone clarify my simple understanding:

Watchtower says UN = beast

Watchtower associates with beast to borrow a library book

Is that right?

• zev
    zev

skeptic, it was a little more than that, but yes thats "basically" it. however don't forget that by signing up as an ngo/dpi, they commited themselves to spreading the good news about the UN, and upholding their policies. thats the real clincher in all this. nothing any pro-jw or jw can say can take that away. all the evidence is and was there. all anyone has to do is READ it.

• toreador
    toreador

Skeptic,

I think you got it. 18 pages later Tirdwitness is still trying to justify it.

Watchtower says UN = beast

Watchtower associates with beast to borrow a library book

• startingover
    startingover

To people who are able to freely think, this is such a joke. A JW without any knowledge of this whole fiasco when told about it would never believe that the organization would have anything to do with the UN. When shown proof, that's when the mental gymnastics begin. After all the organization is right at all costs as 3W has proven on this thread.

I remember going to NY as a JW and visiting the UN. It was only to see the scripture out in front though. I doubt I would have stepped foot in the place. Well maybe if I was feeling a little rebellious that day.

• codeblue
    codeblue

Wow...still can't believe this thread is going, 18 pages now...

Guess someone is counting a lot of time like I said before.

Spiritual prostitution has been committed by the WTBS. Face the fact!

Someone needs to end this thread now!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit