Great news. The WTS did not commit spiritual prostitution with UN.

by thirdwitness 597 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    Even the 1996 resolution by the ECOSOC concerning an ECOSOC NGO’s support of the UN makes the following statement about that type of NGO (remember, the Society was not an ECOSOC NGO):

BUT, genius, as you may recall, you stated (and I agreed) that the ECOSOC resolution has NO BEARING on ANY OTHER DEPARTMENT'S requirements.

Even so, you grossly misrepresented the intent of the portion of the resolution you posted.

This means that the particular ECOSOC NGO would not support all the aims of the UN, but only those “aims and purposes” in the “scope of its competence and activities.”

Incorrect. Blatantly incorrect.

It means they would SUPPORT THE WORK of the UN within the scope of its own aims and purposes. The text specifically SAYS that is what it applies to. Support of the work is FAR beyond support of the ideals, and involves active assistance. Support for the ideals can be nothing more than nominal support, but the ECOSOC NGO Affiliates are expected to support the actual WORK of the UN in whatever ways the scope of their competence, activities, aims, and/or purposes will allow. However, nothing about this text alleviates the requirement to support ALL the ideals of the UN Charter.

To be fair, what more could I expect from someone who reads a Scripture that SAYS it applied to Nebuchadnezzar and can take that Scripture and apply it to something dichotomously different and more than 2,500 years into the future.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    Then he tries to make it appear that the WTS is trying to cover up that they were members of the DPI and says: The Society outrightly lies when they mischaracterize the nature of the relationship as one of registrant to registrar.What did the WTS really say? Did they deny ;that they ;ever had a membership to the DPI as Auldsoul contends?

thirdwitness,

The WTS actually said they registered. The only portions which said ANYTHING otherwise were not from the WTS, they were quotes from the DPI. The WTS said the registered in every single place where they were using their own words and not quoting.

Did you READ the letter they wrote to me? I posted it for you. Here it is again. I promise you, sport, you are in WAY over your head taking me on with this issue. But I am enjoying the tasty morsels on your stringy bones, so I am content to gnaw this bone just as long as you want to do so.

Report back how many times the Watchtower Society refers to the nature of the relationship as some variant of registration, how many times they quote the UN/DPI that is was actually an association, and how many times THEY state that it was an association.

Keep in mind, while counting, that my overriding question was regarding the fact that they were not be completely candid about the nature of this relationship. You see, if someone writes that candid honesty is their primary concern, the writer might assume the response will demonstrate candid honesty. But I was...gravely disappointed, let's say, by their response.

http://watchtowerwhy.home.mchsi.com/images/wtreplydpi.htm

You are seeming to indicate you do not believe they mischaracterized the nature of the relationship as one of registration rather than an application for membership. But you only found where they quote from the UN/DPI. What did the WTS call the relationship, thirdwitness? Did they ever call it a membership? Did they ever say they joined the UN/DPI? Did they even ever call it an association? Did they admit that they disassociated themselves, or did they say they "withdrew their registration?" Which, bright boy? Which?

AuldSoul

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

3RD Witness....What part of:"Not haveing anything to do with the United Nations."do you not understand?..WBTS should have had nothing to do with them..Nothing!!....People do not call you a Moron because it is an insult..They call you a Moron because you are a Moron!..Personally I think your an Idiot..And I mean that in the nicest way possible..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Thirdwitness,

O.K. On page 6 of the 1994 UN DPI Brochure under "Who is eligible for association with DPI"

"Non profit organizations "which share the ideals of the U.N.Charter and have the means and MAKE A COMMITMENT TO SPREAD INFORMATION ABOUT THE U.N. through effective and CONTINUING PROGRAMME;

Page 7:

"have at least a TWO-YEAR record of operations and show promise of SUSTAINED activity.

"can prove during the initial two years of association with DPI, that they SUPPORT the U.N. by FEATURING U.N. INFORMATION in their PUBLICATIONS and outreach activities."

"The application process

"To inititate the process, organization should:

"SUBMIT A LETTER on ORGANIZATION STATIONERY to the Chief of the NGO section, REQUESTING an application form for ASSOCIATION with the Department of Public Information.

"compete the appliction providing information...particularly as THESE RELATE TO THE U.N.

"submit copies of their constitution or by-laws, and ANNUAL REPORTS.

"submit OFFICIAL PROOF of non-profit-status

"provide EVIDENCE of regular information programmes including SAMPLES of regular newsletters...and any additional means which will accomodate regular dissemination of information RELATED to the United Nations' PROGRAMMES..."

It's not a conspiracy theory that the Watchtower did submit articles to the U.N. throughout the 1990s, whose titles were displayed on the U.N. site as proof that they complied with their obligations. It's not about favorable comments on the U.N. before 1991 or after 2001, but what transpired during the 1990s that is under question. Since you say they wrote favorably about the U.N. before 1991 and after 2001, why was it necessary to become a DPI in order to continue doing so?

This fiasco has caused numerous Witnesses to disassociate themselves. If all the Watchtower did was for the sole purpose of gathering information from the U.N.'s DPI sources to bolster it's own publications, it has paid a terrible price.

• thirdwitness
    thirdwitness

Let me clear this up for you sport. The WTS registered as an NGO associated with the DPI . Then as they said, they later withdrew their Membership.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

It is strange that supposedly 'loyal' Witnesses would create a website that attempts to deal with this or any other JW issues, as they are directly ignoring the "fine counsel" from the "Governing Body".

*** km 9/02 p. 8 par. 6 Avoid the Pursuit of "Valueless Things" ***

6 Internet Web Sites:
    We have an official Internet Web site: www.watchtower.org. This site is adequate to make information available to the public. There is no need for any individual, committee, or congregation to prepare a Web page about Jehovah’s Witnesses.

It is also interesting that the official website does not demonstrate candor by dealing with those issues on the official site.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

thirdwitness,

They cannot register for anything for which there is no registrar and the UN/DPI has no registrar.

They applied for associate membership to the UN/DPI and they later requested to be disassociated.

The concept of registration is foreign to the concept of association. Registrars add names to a roll, or list. No one applies for a registration. No one registers for membership. The relationship between a registrant and registar is not similar in nature to the relationship between a subordinate organization associated to or associated with a superior organization. The real nature of the relationship between the UN/DPI and the WBTS of NY, Inc. precludes the use of the term "registration" to describe any part of it.

I asked for a report from my letter, thirdwitness. You didn't answer. I know why. Here is the correct result from the challenge I set you:

— The Watchtower Society refers to the nature of the relationship as some variant of registration 5 times.

— The Watchtower Society quotes the UN/DPI that is was actually an association 3 times.

— The Watchtower Society never states that it was an association.

I asked you a few specific questions too. You didn't answer any of them. I know why. Here are the answers to my questions:

(Q) What did the WTS call the relationship? (A) "Registration"

(Q) Did they ever call it a membership? (A) No.

(Q) Did they ever say they joined the UN/DPI? (A) No. Nor did they say they joined anything else. With regard to "joining" they only denied joining something.

(Q) Did they even ever call [the relationship] an association? (A) No.

(Q) Did they admit that they disassociated themselves, or did they say they "withdrew their registration?" (A) They did not admit that they requested disassocation from the superior organization to which they were joined as an associate member, they said they withdrew registration.

So, let me make this clear, NO ONE HAS EVER "REGISTERED" FOR AN ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP TO THE UN/DPI. "Associate" is a class of membership between a subordinate organization and a superior organization. As I showed earlier. From a dictionary. A dictionary that did not have discrediting the WTS as part of its agenda in writing the definition for "associate" as a noun. The subordinate organization would be referred to as "associated to" or "associated with" the superior organization only after the membership has been granted by the superior organization. Technically, an "honorary" membership can be bestowed on someone or some organization without their having to take any action, but acquiring membership typically requires submitting an application. Also, typically some sort of membership credential is extended by the superior organization upon the favorable consideration of the application to associate and final acceptance of a new member.

This "submitting of an application" is called "applying" and is distinctly different from another kind of relationship that can be formed by simply filling out a few forms as a record-keeping formality. The latter act is referred to as registration and cannot be properly applied to the actions of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc. relative to the formation of a subordinate to superior membership with the UN/DPI, i.e. the acquiring of an "association to" or "association with" the UN/DPI.

A registration cannot form a membership relationship between two organizations. The WTS did not register, not even according to the form you link from YOUR Web site. They APPLIED. The act of registration and the act of application are two COMPLETELY unrelated acts, the two terms are not synonymous.

You are wrong, thirdwitness, due to ignorance. However, once you have read this post you can no longer afford to remain ignorant, lest you find yourself defending liars. There is no doubt that you have been doing just that, but it is my hope you have just been blinded by loyalty.

AuldSoul

• bjc2read
    bjc2read

Greetings AuldSoul!

...what a wonderful...fantastic presentation!!!

AuldSoul, I want you to know...your efforts personally (in refuting this hopeless JW moron "Thirdwitness") and your efforts in writing on JWD are truly appreciated by informed ones on the NGO situation like myself, as well as countless others who maybe sincerely trying to figure out this seemingly baffling UN-NGO fiasco, that the WTS has gotten themselves in for close to 10 years and now want to "neatly" explain it away.

In the above presentation, I think you have made it much easier for the average JW to understand the wicked "semantics" and word-play of the WTS in action, in their "Official" verbage to the "flock" on the UN-NGO debacle.

Thanks...thanks....thanks, again.

Your simple presentation above of matters made most visible and comprehendible, the deliberately confusing & obfuscating of facts, over the past 5 years on the part of the Governing Body, the Watchtower Society and now infamously stupid "Thirdwitness," and fully "clears the air," so that even the most simple-minded JW, can finally "see" what the Bethel Perpetrators did, behind closed doors, and how they tried to "cover their tracks" with this idiot "registration"/Library Card explanation. In my opinion, the presentation made above by you, was simply...brilliant ... and yet so simple and easy to understand. Thanks again!

Keep up the good work!

Thanks again.

bjc

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

thirdwitnoid:

:Steve, I do not see you complaining about anyone else posting links to any sites. It is done all the time. Need I go back and show how many times DannyH, AlanF, Auldsoul, and others have posted link to various sites. As a matter of fact, I am not breaking the rules.

I don't, but if you have a problem then by all means complain.

: If you read the rules they say:

:You can mention relevant, non-commercial websites as long as they support your comment.

:The site does support my comments and it is not a commercial site.

however, you are breaking rules 4,5, and 6

:On the other hand notice these rules that is broken by many of you that are against JWs, even your leading members:

: 1Insulting, threatening or provoking language

:2Swearing, using hate-speech or making obscene or vulgar comments.

Of which you are also guilty of

:Need I go back and copy and paste all the times profanity has been used toward me and all the times I have been insulted with language such as being called moron, stupid idiot, troll, thirdwitnoid, thirdwitless, and names that are obscene and vulgar etc.

And I shall paste why, and the definitions of such words, and how they fitted at the time of posting

:What a joke. How bad do you want me off? And why? I wonder and so do the lurkers and unbiased onlookers

As I mentioned before, I DO NOT WANT YOU OFF. I appreciate the time you spend here to defend and promote the Watch Tower Society of Pennsylvania and its many forms. You are helping so many Jehovah's Witness finally realise what they are part of. The irony is you have saved more people by posting here than all the people you thought you were saving on the door to door work.

Keep up the fine work brother.

steve

• thirdwitness
    thirdwitness

Steve contends that I am breaking rules 4, 5, and 6.

Breaking the law
    This includes libel, condoning illegal activity and contempt of court (comments which might affect the outcome of an approaching court case). You may post a small amount of third party material, but please help us to avoid breaching copyright by naming its author and publication. We are unable to investigate all third party material, so where possible, please provide a link instead.

I am not using 3rd party material.

Spamming
    Please don't add the same comment to more than one forum.

I am not doing this either.

Advertising
    You can mention relevant, non-commercial websites as long as they support your comment.

And I am not posting commercial websites. I am quoting from or showing the links to relevant non-commercial websites.

Why do you want me off if I am serving to help apostates? You should be happy and shouldn't even mention my removal or alleged misconduct so that I can continue to help the apostates. Could it be that this is not really true? You want me off because I am proving that you and others or trying to mislead unwary ones and are publishing false information against JWs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit