Great news. The WTS did not commit spiritual prostitution with UN.

by thirdwitness 597 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

thirdwitnoid,

:The question now needs to be asked: Do these articles promote the UN or God’s Kingdom as the hope for mankind? They all, without exception, are showing how God’s Kingdom will succeed in remedying the problems of mankind where the UN and all human governments have failed. They hold a respectful attitude towards the UN and all governments while recognizing their sincerity and desire to improve the world. They tactfully declare the message of God's Kingdom so as not to turn people off when reading it.

I've just showed you a typical PROMOTION piece given by your Mommy on the other thread. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/117658/8.ashx

The question is not "Do these articles promote the UN or God’s Kingdom as the hope for mankind?", as that question is not a REQUIREMNET for association with the wild beast. The question is "Do these articles promote the UN?".

steve

[edited to add]: Damn, I am on "that thread"! Looks like I need a break.

• Kaput
    Kaput

Steve --

Don't waste your keystrokes. It's like talkin' to a wall.....

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Agreed. This is not the place for self-promotion.

I've never said that the DPI/UN was any part of a conspiracy. To paint it like that is to make an easy straw man to destroy. You have admitted that this was much more than just getting a library card. My personal opinion is that this was an attempt to get some good PR with different agencies of the UN with the hope of eventually getting help on human rights issues as it related to Witnesses. A good strategy, actually.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I suggest that everyone read carefully the U.N. DPI brochure from 1994. It will tell you everything that was expected of the Watchtower to fulfill its obligations. Whether the Watchtower wrote favorably about the U.N. before 1991 and after 2001 is not the point. During the 1990s, it was to fulfill a requirement because they associated with DPI. Can that be denied?

http://www.randytv.com/secret/unitednations.htm

Scroll down to U.N. DPI brochure from 1994 pages. Pay particular attention to pages six through eight where it answers "Who is eligible for association with DPI" and "The application process."

Are we to assume that Watchtower did not have to comply with any of this or did not know about any of this by the year 2001?

• thirdwitness
    thirdwitness

Steve, I do not see you complaining about anyone else posting links to any sites. It is done all the time. Need I go back and show how many times DannyH, AlanF, Auldsoul, and others have posted link to various sites. As a matter of fact, I am not breaking the rules. If you read the rules they say:

You can mention relevant, non-commercial websites as long as they support your comment.

The site does support my comments and it is not a commercial site.

On the other hand notice these rules that is broken by many of you that are against JWs, even your leading members:

1. Insulting, threatening or provoking language
    2. Swearing, using hate-speech or making obscene or vulgar comments.

Need I go back and copy and paste all the times profanity has been used toward me and all the times I have been insulted with language such as being called moron, stupid idiot, troll, thirdwitnoid, thirdwitless, and names that are obscene and vulgar etc.

What a joke. How bad do you want me off? And why? I wonder and so do the lurkers and unbiased onlookers.

• thirdwitness
    thirdwitness

Steve: You forgot to quote this from the same PROMOTION:

But not all the news is bad! UN agencies, such as the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) and the World Health Organization, have worked hard to improve the lot of children. Annan noted: "More children are born healthy and more are immunized; more can read and write; more are free to learn, play and simply live as children than would have been thought possible even a short decade ago." Still, he warned: "This is no time to stand on past achievements."

And your point is.... what? I guess you want an article that lies and refuses to tell of any of the accomplishments of the UN or other governments or government programs. You want an article that constantly downgrades the efforts of the UN or the political leaders and turns people off for their dishonesty in failing to admit any good the UN or other governments have done or are trying to do. That is absurd and simple minded and that would be totally ignorant for the WTS to do that.

• thirdwitness
    thirdwitness

Kenn said: I suggest that everyone read carefully the U.N. DPI brochure from 1994. It will tell you everything that was expected of the Watchtower to fulfill its obligations. Whether the Watchtower wrote favorably about the U.N. before 1991 and after 2001 is not the point. During the 1990s, it was to fulfill a requirement because they associated with DPI. Can that be denied?

http://www.randytv.com/secret/unitednations.htm

Steve, you need to complain to the administration. He just left a link that promotes Randy's site.

What about the 1994 brochure are you pointing to in particular?

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Thirdwitness,

It's the continued linking to your own site that could be perceived as a problem. It's not usually allowed on most boards. I'm not really bothered by it but I have to admit it is tiresome. Most people are put off by cut and paste replies.

Having said that...I agree with you that some people should not allow their frustration to show through. There's no need to have the conversation degenerate. If someone does not like discussions like this then go to other threads.

At any rate I'd like to ask the administrators to please leave this thread up. I want to start using it to work towards developing a webpage that answers Thirdwitness' argumentation point by point. So, it'd be helpful to have these pages accessible. Thanks!

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    Auldsoul and others talk as if the WT's association with the DPI meant they were a member of the UN.

This is a lie. I have labored very hard to dispel from this forum ANY claim that the Watchtower Society was a member of the UN. They were NOT EVER a member of the UN. I said so repeatedly in this thread.

For those who wondered why I made such a big deal about it earlier, the reason is because idiots like the current one we are dealing with can correctly accuse us of misrepresenting the relationship when we get it wrong. IT MATTERS what you say about it.

Now, since you KNOW I have not misrepresented the relationship (you were hoping I would do so), your statement that I said anything similar to the WTS being a member of the UN is not just a mistake. It is a direct, intentional deception.

I talk as if they were members of the UN/DPI. You admit they were. The UN/DPI is an organization with objectives contrary to the WTS interpretation of the Bible, and in direct opposition to the objectives of God's Kingdom (as explained by the WTS), and is under judgement by Jehovah God. That is the UN/DPI I am referring to, not the UN.

You are as dense as plutonium, but not nearly so radiant.

The DPI has never made any associated NGO organization “part of the UN” or gained that organization any kind of special treatment.

I repeat. DUH!!!!

However, the UN/DPI has made associated NGOs "part of the UN/DPI" and granted those organizations special treatment. And that is plenty to violate the standards of the OM/OD book, sport. Let's you and I just discuss what they DID do, not what they DIDN'T do, okay? If you can focus long enough, that is.

I am fascinated by how you keep changing my questions to ones you WISH I had asked instead of answering the questions I ask. The Watchtower Society has done that exact same thing to me every time I have written them. You are a model student of your masters. You are not, however, a student of Jesus' nethods of teaching.

AuldSoul

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

[Edited]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit