Great news. The WTS did not commit spiritual prostitution with UN.

by thirdwitness 597 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

thirdwitnoid,

A more honest reply would be to display the entire page from the site.

I'll give you an hour or so, so you don't come across as being deceptive, then I'll do it myself.

steve

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

What we need is another 60 pages just like the first 8.

• thirdwitness
    thirdwitness

If you want to cut and paste the whole article be my guest. It is an article, like all WT articles, about how political leaders and organizations have failed to bring a solution and how only God's kingdom can bring that solution. It shows how the UN and other organizations have tried to bring solutions and the progress that they may have made as well as the problems they continue to face. Why would I care if the whole article is posted? There is nothing to hide. That would be great if you want to do that. I will just quote a little bit from it to show that the article is not pointing to the UN as the lasting solution for the problem. Instead as I show above, the article points to God's kingdom as the only lasting solution. Here are some quotes:

Satisfactory solutions to these problems seem to elude political leaders.

Donated money is used to educate the child or to provide life's necessities. If desired, pictures and letters can even be exchanged to strengthen the relationship. Though helpful, this arrangement falls short of being the ideal solution.

Try as they may, humans cannot provide the ideal solution to the problems of children. But they will be solved! Yes, and possibly sooner than you may expect. But how?

And then it closes with my earlier post above.

Maybe you are trying to make the claim that because the title of the article: The Problems of Children

THE SOLUTION AT LAST!,
    appears on at the top of each page including the page that lists the UN Declaration on the rights of children that the WTS is saying that the problems of chilren will be at last solved by the UN. This is not the case and is a misreading of the article. Is that what you are trying to point out?

You are grasping at straws. The WT publications continuously point to God's kingdom as the only solution to man's problems, not the UN.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1
    You are grasping at straws. The WT publications continuously point to God's kingdom as the only solution to man's problems, not the UN.

Yea Stevenyc, when are you going to realize all the UN is good for is when you want to use a library?

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    You are grasping at straws. The WT publications continuously point to God's kingdom as the only solution to man's problems,

Spoken like a true brainwashed asshole. BTW, in case you have not noticed, I and a lot of others here would gladly take death over spending enternity with the likes of you.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

thirdwitnoid, if I needed to grasp at straws, then I would be glad that I have you, the ultimate strawman.

The point is that this article was printed and distributed while your publishing company was in association with a United Nations department in 2000. For your publishing house to keep its association, it would have to comply with its association agreement and provide evidence of its distributed material demonstrating their interests in the UN, or, as it said as part of their enrolment: "it is important that you should keep us informed about your organization's information programme as it relates to the United Nations, including sending us issues of your relevant publications" :

The principal purpose of association of non-governmental organizations with the United Nations Department of Public Information is the redissemination of information in order to increase public understanding of the principles, activities and achievements of the United Nations and its Agencies. Consequently, it is important that you should keep us informed about your organization's information programme as it relates to the United Nations, including sending us issues of your relevant publications. We are enclosing a brochure on the "The United Nations and Non-Governmental Organizations", which will give you some information regarding the NGO relationship."

In addition, the criteria for NGOs to become associated with DPI include the following:

1. that the NGO share the principles of the UN Charter;

2. • operate solely on a not-for-profit basis;

3. • have a demonstrated interest in United Nations issues and a proven ability to reach large or specialized audiences, such as educators, media representatives, policy makers and the business community;

Also, what you fail to point out to readers here, although I'm sure they have gone to the watchtower site, as I asked them, and seen for themselves is that the 'ideal' you mentioned is actually quoted thus:

Young folks will be raised in the spirit of peace and universal brotherhood, the ideal set forth in the UN Declaration of the Rights of the Child.

Here they are PROMOTING the United Nations. A requirement for continued association with the 'wild beast'.

steve

• thirdwitness
    thirdwitness

Yes, most certainly the WT is promoting the UN. They are promoting them as a failed organization thus far to bring solutions to earth's problems. They are promoting God's kingdom as the lasting solution that will solve all problems of mankind.

• thirdwitness
    thirdwitness

One of the requirements of any organization wishing to be a DPI NGO and have access to the DPI's vast resources, is that the organization makes full use of them. They must be at least using the facilities for a purpose in harmony with the DPI itself — to educate the public on the role and activities of the UN. To prove the organization is doing so, they must send copies of the organization's journal to the DPI as proof.

There is nothing wrong with this — it proves the Society was indeed making use of the resources, and not abusing them by promoting values contrary to that of the UN charter, such as Nazism, racism, or any such ideas. It is a sensible precaution on behalf of the DPI and completely appropriate.

The conspiracy theorists, however, see the Awake! articles published in the 1990's as part of the great conspiracy to promote the UN as a world government. Of course, any regular reader of the Awake! will laugh at these accusations, but is there any truth to them? NO, absolutely not.

The question now needs to be asked: Do these articles promote the UN or God’s Kingdom as the hope for mankind? They all, without exception, are showing how God’s Kingdom will succeed in remedying the problems of mankind where the UN and all human governments have failed. They hold a respectful attitude towards the UN and all governments while recognizing their sincerity and desire to improve the world. They tactfully declare the message of God's Kingdom so as not to turn people off when reading it.

If you want to read more go here:

http://www.jehovahsjudgment.co.uk/watchtower-un-ngo/awaketopropaganda.html

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

thirdwitnoid,

You forgot to quote this from the same PROMOTION:

But not all the news is bad! UN agencies, such as the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) and the World Health Organization, have worked hard to improve the lot of children. Annan noted: "More children are born healthy and more are immunized; more can read and write; more are free to learn, play and simply live as children than would have been thought possible even a short decade ago." Still, he warned: "This is no time to stand on past achievements."

steve

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Thirdwitnoid,

You have been told before that this is a discussion board, not a sounding board FOR YOUR WEBSITE.

If I see you doing this then I will send a request to the administrators to kick you off.

I am absolutely NOT asking for you to leave. Debate me and others. JWD is a great place for debate. But don't promote yourself or your website here.

steve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit