FRESH OFF THE PRESS.... 9/1/06 WT "When a Loved One Leaves Jeh."

by schne_belly 125 Replies latest watchtower bible

• carla
    carla

I can't read the whole thing right now it is so sick. I'll finish it later. To me it is just another time they are equating themselves with God. To leave the org is to leave God. They are one in the same in their minds and they don't see the idolatry of it?

• minimus
    minimus

Personally, I think whoever wrote this article was (almost) brilliant! This article has GUILT written all over it! ...........Besides, Armageddon could come any day now.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Thanks for that, I just had a really good laugh. It is so different now being outside the borg and reading this crap. I laughed the hardest when "delores" said what helped her in dealing with her daughter leaving Jehovah was to read..........you guessed it........ not the Bible..........but WT articles dealing with the issue and she said she read them over and over and over. Ha, ha! Of course how else could she become brainwashed by the Society if she doesn't read the over and over and over? Thanks again, Lilly

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR
    Maria, whose brother turned his back on Jehovah to pursue a course of immoral conduct....

The clear implication by the F&D$ is that the only reason people leave the Borg is to bed anything with the appropriate sexual equipment. It has nothing to do with the policies, or the flip-flops, or the Pharisaical attitude of the leadership. Nope, nothing whatsoever.

• detective
    detective

Repulsive.

It turns my stomach to read such a disgusting piece of garbage.

• Calliope
    Calliope

very entertaining, and yet... what's the word? misleading?

i was just telling my mother the other day, what does it matter if none of her children make it into the beautiful and long awaited paradise regime. she won't remember us anyways and she'll be blissfully happy.

i think she agreed.

hmmmm.

cal.

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

Thanks for the heads up on this. I just know my folks are going to lap this up and get more depressed that I don't go. But to say I have turned my back on Jah is nonsense, it is that sick, twisted, cultish pile of sh*te I have turned my back on and they still come out with crap like this and dubs still buy it

Someone has to stop them and soon

Raging

BM

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Did they vet that article with the Legal Dept.? I could picture it being used against the WTS as an exhibit in a child custody case....

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

jwfacts wrote:

JW mums will be sitting their grateful for these kind words from the Watchtower...

I wouldn't be surprised if they used an entire "From Our Readers" page to print the "thank you so much, Jehovah knows just what we need at just the right time" letters they're sure to get.

As for prayer for the disfellowshipped:

Watchtower, 10/15/1979, p. 31

[Previous paragraphs discuss "sin that is not deadly".]... John tells us not to pray for one who committed such "deadly" sin. This brings to mind God’s words concerning the Israelites who were so given to wickedness that He was going to let the Babylonians take them into captivity. God told Jeremiah: "Do not pray in behalf of this people, neither raise in their behalf an entreating cry or a prayer nor beseech me."—Jer. 7:16-20; 14:11, 12.

God, not we on earth, determines if someone has sinned against the holy spirit. Yet, we can appreciate from John’s inspired words that we should not pray in behalf of a person who gives evidence of practicing sin deliberately. John also wrote in 2 John 9-11 about persons who spread unchristian views. [Read: "Hint, hint - we're gonna apply this to anyone who disagrees with WTBTS teachings."] Prayers in their behalf would be offensive to God....

[Paragraphs that follow talk about praying for people once they display "evidence of repentance and turning around" and not praying for DF'd people in public because it might offend those who think the person is toast and don't deserve to be prayed for.]
  • headmath
    headmath

Wait a minute ... BARF .... did not make it to the bathroom in time (Pizza)

Aha!! there looks like a return of 1975 again. Loss in numbers!!! . Rejoice my brethern.!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit