FRESH OFF THE PRESS.... 9/1/06 WT "When a Loved One Leaves Jeh."

by schne_belly 125 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

This article disgusts me. It just gives die-hards another reason to gloat over their unnatural and hateful choice of a publishing company over their own family and friends.

I can see the clouds of "smug" (for those South Park fans) billowing out from the Kingdom Halls already...

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

What a totally sickening article from start to finish. I can imagine a few kids who have left the wts being on the receiving end of this piece of "wisdom":

unbelieving or unfaithful family members cause a rift by rejecting, abandoning or even opposing the way of Christianity

It reads like a license for the ones who stay in the lie to blame those who left for anything that goes wrong in the family, even if they're not around. I can almost hear it now: "I am sufferring from xxxx because you left the truth", "I am drinking heavily to help me forget how disappointed I am with you" etc.

Typical wts bs, heap all the blame on those who leave instead of acknowledging that it's the long list of unscriptural and impoossible rules they heap on their followers that causes the problem. They will never learn.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

LISTEN to the loaded language:

Unfaithful, unbelieving, abandoning, opposing.

The language manipulation in this article is shameless.

If anyone there would describe me as unfaithful, and unbelieving, I would sue them for slander.

This article tries to tell the dubs NOT to be morose over their children becoming free, but the opposite is true. After all, when your child is "opposing, unbelieving, opposing and abandoning you, you should feel terrible.

I noted right away that they leave JEHOVAH. What have they left? The congregation, that's it. And usually they haven't left, they are KICKED out for not knowing how to kiss up to an elder.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu
    One Christian elder recalls the four years during which his wife's daughter cut off association with them.

This is how a JW mind works.(after a good washing)

If you do not attend the meetings, you have then cut off association with your family.

Another point: What father refers to his daughter as his wifes daughter? step child?

Brooklyn is Spin City

Ken and Eleanor, I'm pretty sure it's going to be 3 out of 3 soon. I hope they do a follow up article.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

One thing that stood out in the article to me; Not a single mention of 'Leaving Jesus'. Aren't Christians supposed to follow Jesus?

This has been a sticking point with me for years while I was still in - now that I am out it is so absolutely clear how they have left Jesus out of the picture.

What a hypocritical statement about the one elder's son who had 'cut them off from association' - what a damn joke. Of course this is not a study article but appears to be a lead article in the mag, so they want to paint the picture to any 'worldlings' that if one 'leaves Jehovah', he will do the shunning while the parents weep in agony. What flat out BULLSHIT!!!!

Jeff

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

This looks like the kind of article/magazine that the borg would issue a 'special' work with to the elders. Maybe go out and get one to every former witness they can find? Anyone hear anything like that going on?

Jeff

• Scully
    Scully

When this article was first posted a couple of weeks ago, I was so ticked off by the bull$h!t factor that I had to do a "rational re-write" / parody of it.

It might not be everyone's cup of tea, but here it is: When a Loved One Leaves the Watchtower Society - Parody

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Dedicated to my family members, nieces and nephew Lauren, Ashley and Kevin Haszard that have gone missing in the Jehovah's Witnesses.

• JH
    JH

There could be many reasons why a person would leave Jehovah's Organization TM. One could fall sick and can't do as much as before, lose their job and have no money to follow, get discouraged because they don't see any love in the congregation, and so on......

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    "It has become harder and harder to sit at Christian meetings and see parents laughing and talking with their children," says Louise.

Huh? I have to try and remember when I saw parents laughing and talking with their children at the meeting. I recall the parents smacking them, telling them "SHHHHHH!!!" and carrying them off to the bathroom for a beating.

This is not because the Bible message of itself causes family division. Rather, unbelieving or unfaithful family members cause a rift by rejecting, abandoning, or even opposing the way of Christianity.

No, the bible message doesn't cause division. It's the retarded old men who twist it in a way to make the division happen.

Have YOU Left Jehovah?
    ...Remember, the storm clouds of Armageddon are swiftly approaching.

I really love this box. It's so blatantly stupid that they resort to scare tactics to get "lost sheep" to return to the cult. Sorry Watchtower, it didn't work on me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit