by schne_belly 125 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JH
    JH

25 days left before the fest
    yeah, I'll go for an oil change soon

• love11
    love11

I don't know about you guys, but I took notes when I read this one. lol

1. "..not all their children continued to serve Jehovah." "...come back to Jehovah."

I think that is a typo, don't you think what they meant to say was- "...not all their children continued to serve the Watchtower, Bible, and Tract Society." "...come back to this publishing company."

2." ...Christian meetings" "...Christian elders."

????????? Since when did the JW's start associating themselves with Christendom. The word "Christian" was never used when I was a JW. That was like calling them a satanic worshiper. I was born in 1975 and went to the hall from birth till eighteen years old.

3. "...parents move away."

Who do they think they are???????? They should just tell all the JW parents that their children belong to them at birth.

4."...resist the inclination to find fault with the elders."

HAHAHAHA- they actually compare those numbskulls to Moses!!!!!!!! .........actually that shouldn't suprise me, when they also compare a magazine company to Jehovah God!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

That is blood curdling information. JW mums will be sitting their grateful for these kind words from the Watchtower, but in reality it shows the truly destructive effect the WTS is having on its members.

It claims to be talking about a person that leaves Jehovah, but every reader knows it means a person that no longer is willing to bow to the whims of the Watchtower Society.

The article shows the true humiliation, pain and suffering the WTS causes family by their ridiculous notion that if you are not a JW you are not worthy of salvation and as good as dead. (Not quite dead as "Jehovah leaves the way open for them") Parents end up loosing their joy in life. And it has the audacity to describe this as "the reasonableness of Jehovah's arrangements".

Considering that over 2 out of every 3 JW kids leave the Org there are a lot of suffering Witnesses around.

• apfergus
    apfergus

I can see my mom and her friends from my old congregation who have DFed and DAed children just having a huge self pity party over this. But I am getting kind of worried about those swift moving storm clouds of armageddon... they've been moving swiftly for how long? Since 1914?

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

This really disgusts me. How can they be so shallowminded and if you think about it, its really unethical... we will forgive child molestors, but if your son/daugther wants to review life on their own... well hot damn, we do not want to be around you. How is that coming from someone who loves us? This is BS!

• garybuss
    garybuss

My family got it backwards. Parents left and kids stayed in.

• In Between
    In Between

Respect Jehovah’s arrangement for discipline.

Does this turn anybody's elses stomach as well? Just more of the 'Don't question our authority' bullcr*p to keep the R and F marching to their collective beat. I see, these men have been anointed by god to discipline anybody that gets out of line ... but heaven forbid they actually care about someone weak in the faith and could use some encouragement.

They are just men. They are not appointed by anything 'higher' than whose ass they kiss the most in the cong. This part of the article really made me sick.

• La Capra
    La Capra

My first observation is that this carefully crafted piece of propaganda is devoid of any indication that the reason all these characters in the article are devastated is that they are required to shun their family members or risk being shunned by everyone else, themselves.

I don't do Watchtower CD-rom, but didn't that article referred to say JWs weren't supposed to pray for the DFed? That it isn't quoted but only referenced prevents the nonJW reader from realizing the WTBTS's directive in this area.

And finally, it warms my heart that the WTBTS decided that there was enough of a need to publish this aricle, for the faithful. Too many families must be getting torn apart. I can't think of any families I knew growing up that don't have someone within two generations that has bailed....

I'm thinking that lots are leaving, and there are cracks in the faith of the diehards....

I can hope.

Shoshana

• Chasity1
    Chasity1

What a warped view. A non jw parent is happy when their children are happy. Happy xjw's= heartbroken jw's. How twisted.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    "One elder recalls the four year period when his daughter cut off association with them"

WHAT????? DID YOU READ WHAT I READ?????? SHE CUT OFF THEM?????? YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!!

I noticed that too - it's on page 18. No mention of them cutting off the daughter. Another thing I noticed is that once again they speak only of those who choose an immoral lifestyle; there's no mention of the myriad of other reasons why people are no longer dubs, and espcially - horrors! - apostasy™. The spin doctors are having a field day in this article and jwfacts has pointed out the effect on jw mothers reading this article. Sick indeed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit